TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

Five Oh B is not going to have to worry about any Shelby 500's my brother.

You just worry about being up on your game if you line up with him. :hysterical:

Yeah, what he said!

Unfortunately for me, even though I've been modding my GT, I know that Grabber and others have been modding their GT500's.

Truth be told, there's only so much power that can be put to the ground anyway, so lining up on street tires is more a battle of who can get better traction instead of who has the most power. I think I'd better bolt on the drag radials for the drive to Grabber's - just to be safe!!!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-Oh-B,

Are you and Shirley going to hike to the top of the falls when we go there ?

If so, I wonder if others are going to want to do that too.

I think most will just go up to the bridge.

MultnomahFallsMay2008011.jpg

I think we will hike to the top of the falls, Grabber. It's such a nice view that we can't pass up if we're gonna be there anyway. We're suckers for a nice hike. Multnomah Falls is an easy to moderate hike, so anyone in decent shape should have no trouble. And it's short enough that most should be able to do it, if they are interested. Getting to the bridge is easy & quick, and provides a stunning view, so everyone will want to at least get to the bridge.

I think we will hike to the top of the falls, Grabber. It's such a nice view that we can't pass up if we're gonna be there anyway. We're suckers for a nice hike. Multnomah Falls is an easy to moderate hike, so anyone in decent shape should have no trouble. And it's short enough that most should be able to do it, if they are interested. Getting to the bridge is easy & quick, and provides a stunning view, so everyone will want to at least get to the bridge.

You like hiking? Check this out!

El camino del Rey

Originally built in 1901, this walkway now serves as an approach to makinodromo, the famous climbing sector of El Chorro.

All footage shot with helmet cam.

Alan

El Camino Del Rey

I agree. You better bring an extra T-shirt, unless you want to be pitted out. Bug.gif

Rob,

Will you re-send your directions & schedule PM again?

Also for those that were going to try and wagon train it from the Tacoma Mall....Meet up time again...?

:idea: I am starting from the Redmond Area, so if any East-Siders want to start from perhaps Bellevue at the 405, SE 8th Park-and-Ride.....we could get the party started from there around 6:30 for a 7:30 Tacoma Mall arrival...........??????

:banvictory: :happy feet: :banvictory:

:idea: Just thinking out loud.....for a place to dine Saturday after the Falls......

Joe's Crab Shack on the Vancouver side of the river.....??? Parking at Joe's may be an issue.....

http://www.joescrabshack.com/store_front_l...ion.php?LC=CSVC

Or better yet.....Hooter's at Jantzen Beach? :beerchug: :woohoo::evil2.0:

http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/...en&mapid=US

Our old Z06 group always had awesome get togethers at the Hooter's here in WA.......Most of them are "Club" friendly, and will even provide "select" parking for groups if we give them enough advanced warning.....

I'm really cutting it close. Still haven't been able to have Fred adjust my tune. Had a dyno appointment this evening, but Fred is out racing. banghead-2.gif. I made a new appt for Monday.

I also have clearance issues with the new drive shaft and exhaust that I haven't been able to track down. This is getting really frustrating. And only 7 days left to figure it out.

oh_no.gif

You can count! :hysterical:

Hey Grabber, Don't Laugh at Me

I always countdown to events:

Christmas

Birthdays

Vacations

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

I mark my calenders at work and home and

I even program my home and work computers to countdown.

"It drives my wife and others NUTS".

Lisa says I'm OCD :hysterical2:

Alan

I'm really cutting it close. Still haven't been able to have Fred adjust my tune. Had a dyno appointment this evening, but Fred is out racing. banghead-2.gif. I made a new appt for Monday.

I also have clearance issues with the new drive shaft and exhaust that I haven't been able to track down. This is getting really frustrating. And only 7 days left to figure it out.

oh_no.gif

You are starting to worry me Rickster.

You are starting to worry me Rickster.

Getting a little worried myself, particularly with this clearance issue. I expected a little better fitment from the Evo Stage 4. Haven't hundreds of people installed this? Why am I having these issues? I already had to remove the rear DS safety loop because it was hitting the exhaust. I still have a pretty serious metal-on-metal clunk when I hit bumps in the road. I might have to remove the front DS safety loop too. Go figure, the only part of this I had someone else install is the drive shaft and exhaust, and I'm having problems. If you want it done right...

Grabber - Shirley & I are driving down to Battleground Friday night. I booked a hotel room so we don't have to have such a long drive Saturday morning AND Saturday night to come home. Assuming there's a self carwash somewhere in town, I'm going to work on getting the GT cleaned up that night and make the short drive to your home Saturday morning after 10am.

On a side note, looks like it'll be early June before I can get the car in for dyno tuning. That means I'll be running the very conservative Vortech 420hp tune in the meantime, so try not to leave me in your dust on the drive portion of the fun!

Any thoughts about Saturday Evening grub?

Ya' know it is all about the Party :beerchug: :banana piano: :tequila:

My wife Tana wants to discuss that with me. I will start working on it. Thanks for giving me a little push. Sometimes I need that. I will let you know. Parking is importand too, so I want to find a good spot for us all.

Grabber - Shirley & I are driving down to Battleground Friday night. I booked a hotel room so we don't have to have such a long drive Saturday morning AND Saturday night to come home. Assuming there's a self carwash somewhere in town, I'm going to work on getting the GT cleaned up that night and make the short drive to your home Saturday morning after 10am.

On a side note, looks like it'll be early June before I can get the car in for dyno tuning. That means I'll be running the very conservative Vortech 420hp tune in the meantime, so try not to leave me in your dust on the drive portion of the fun!

Brian,

Are you staying at Best Western ? There is a self wash down the street next to the post office. What time are you driving over here?

I did the lay out for 26 cars to be parked on my lawn for the party. We have plenty of room. I did a 108 foot circle (54" raduis) and positioned the cars at 12 foot centers. This allows 6 feet inbetween each car for plenty of room. We don't want any door dings. I plan on doing the layout the night before, so it will be ready.

The band will be in the driveway and we will barb-b-Q in the center of the circle. I will have some table and chairs available, but if any of you can bring a chair or 2 it would help. Also try to make sure you have gas in your vehicle, so we all don't have to stop before the cruise up to the Falls.

Here is the car lay out on my lawn.

th_Meetandgreet014.jpg

These 2 pic's give you an idea of the area that the circle will be in

th_PacificNWmeetgreet5-26-07023.jpg

th_PacificNWmeetgreet5-26-07022.jpg

Brian,

Are you staying at Best Western ? There is a self wash down the street next to the post office. What time are you driving over here?

Yep, B/W it is (was there another option? that's all I could find online). We'll likely roll into Battleground Friday night around 7-8pm, check into the hotel, grab a quick bite somewhere, detail the car, and call it a night. We'll be at your place Saturday a little after 10am. You and David were so nice to help me clean up my car last year after the long drive down, so this year I'll jump in and help anyone who may need some help cleaning their car from their long drive.

Yep, B/W it is (was there another option? that's all I could find online). We'll likely roll into Battleground Friday night around 7-8pm, check into the hotel, grab a quick bite somewhere, detail the car, and call it a night. We'll be at your place Saturday a little after 10am. You and David were so nice to help me clean up my car last year after the long drive down, so this year I'll jump in and help anyone who may need some help cleaning their car from their long drive.

That is the only hotel in Battleground. 6 minutes from my house. It's brand new and opened up about 6 months ago. We are going to grab a bite with ati (alan & Lisa) about 7 or so. They are flying in around 4:10 PM and I expect them to be checking into the same hotel around 6:30 or so. You are welcome to grab a bite with us if you want.

I did the lay out for 26 cars to be parked on my lawn for the party. We have plenty of room. I did a 108 foot circle (54" raduis) and positioned the cars at 12 foot centers. This allows 6 feet inbetween each car for plenty of room. We don't want any door dings. I plan on doing the layout the night before, so it will be ready.

The band will be in the driveway and we will barb-b-Q in the center of the circle. I will have some table and chairs available, but if any of you can bring a chair or 2 it would help. Also try to make sure you have gas in your vehicle, so we all don't have to stop before the cruise up to the Falls.

Here is the car lay out on my lawn.

th_Meetandgreet014.jpg

These 2 pic's give you an idea of the area that the circle will be in

th_PacificNWmeetgreet5-26-07023.jpg

th_PacificNWmeetgreet5-26-07022.jpg

Looks good, I just sent you a PM regarding parking something big somewhere in the mix with a dog in it.

post-12985-1210867642.jpg

post-12985-1210867672.jpg

post-12985-1210867642.jpg

post-12985-1210867672.jpg

Archived