TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what I thought. He seemed to be very intrested in all the cars. I bet he is an old school car guy.

Yep! Dad had a 64 1/2 Gold Fastback Mustang he bought new for $2500 in 64, then moved on to a 70 Dodge Charger Maroon with a black vinyl top that had a 440 Magnum with a six pack. I used to sit in the back in my car seat and everytime dad would punch it I would say, There goes the gas daddy, there goes the gas.

Fun times. Dad has a motorhome that we will take a last trip in this summer and then he wants to sell it. If all goes well, maybe he will have a GT500 Blue with white to drive down next year.

I went into post #1 and cleaned up the attendance list so we have a good record of who attended the event. For next years event I will start a new thread in the winter, and also send out a PM to all that came to the event this year.

This is who attended the event

1. Grabber (Rob) - Confirmed attendance

2. Tanabanana (Tana) - Confirmed attendance

3. BryGuy (Bryan & Tessa) - Confirmed attendance

4. Five Oh B (Bryan & Shirley) - Confirmed attendance

5. SteelSteeds (Lance) - Confirmed attendance

6. SGT2666's Dad Ron SR - Confirmed attendance

7. lbfdengineer (Gary & Susie) - Confirmed attendance

8. pjo (Pam & Jim - Confirmed attendance Bringing a cake

9. Putnamdo (Bryan & Dee) - Confirmed attendance

10. 500Plus (Jeff) - Confirmed attendance

11. SGT2666 (Ron & Wendy) - Confirmed attendance

12. Whitebird11 - (Wally & April) - Confirmed attendance

13. Hisssss (Mark & Barbie) - Confirmed attendance

14. GT500Ron (Ron & Cathy) - Confirmed attendance

15. Alloy Dave (Dave & Terry) - Confirmed attendance Bringing a surprize

16. fast_eddie (Ed & Jill) - Confirmed attendance Bringing Choc. Chip cookies

17. Mustang Missy (Missy) - Confirmed Attendance

18. Gun Oil - (Win & Sam) - Confirmed attendance

19. ShelbyGT07 - (James & Charla) - Confirmed attendance

20. ati - (Alan & Lisa) - Confirmed attendance

21. Shelly & Karen are bringing there Saleen - Confirmed attendance

22. 8sgt441 - (Adam & Shirley) - Confirmed attendance

23. Dave C - (Dave & Sherri) - Confirmed attendance

24. Benzito - (Mike) - Confirmed attendance

25. Blackhawkpilot - (mike) - Confirmed attendance

26. Steve - (Rob's neighbor W/ 1970 Mustang Grande) - Confirmed attendance

27. Grabbers Dad - Confirmed attendance

Hi Rob,

By all the posts and pictures, looks like the 2008 PNW Meet & Greet was a huge success. Congrats and thanks to the Grabber Family for hosting this great event. Man do I wish I could of been there this year.

Marji has a 2008, 2009 and 2010 vacation calendar. I blocked off the dates for 2009, so I'll make it next year.

Dave,

I never get tired of going to the places that we went with you and Terry and Alan and Lisa. Even know we did alot of driving, it was fun to talk for hours and go out to lunch and dinner with you and Terry and Alan and Lisa.

This is one of the best holiday weekends that I have had in along time. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.

Did you? :hysterical:

SecondannualPNWMeetandgreet5-24--89.jpg

Your time will come once I get my pics downloaded Mr. Orange Thong. :slapfight:

Check out this photo that MrFarmdog stitched together for me. Very nice work John. :) The only problem is that we were missing the last car at this time. 500Pluss was running a little late. I think that I got the full photo shoot with Five-Oh-B's camera.

Five-O-B....where are your pic's ?

PNWMG.jpg

Hi, guys, I have about two minutes to post one big group pic, then I'm off to work. Been entertaining family from Holland and just took them to the airport this morning so I've been super busy. I'll get more pics up as time allows, but this is a crazy week...

post-2549-1212004091.jpg

Hi, guys, I have about two minutes to post one big group pic, then I'm off to work. Been entertaining family from Holland and just took them to the airport this morning so I've been super busy. I'll get more pics up as time allows, but this is a crazy week...

post-2549-1212004091.jpg

Nice work Bryan. You have a great camera.

For some reason I thought the last car was present for your photo. We are missing 500Pluss at the 2 oclock position. Oh well. I think Jeff owes us 20 push ups for messing the group photo up. :finger:

Great Pics! I just wish you had taken one with all the hoods up and one with all the hoods closed! :happy feet:

And I have to admire those who scaled the roof to take the shots! It looks like a little too steep of a pitch for Ruf! :redcard:

Nice work Bryan. You have a great camera.

For some reason I thought the last car was present for your photo. We are missing 500Pluss at the 2 oclock position. Oh well. I think Jeff owes us 20 push ups for messing the group photo up. :finger:

That spot was never filled, I was right next to SteelSteed and the cute little girls; no one came to fill it.

That spot was never filled, I was right next to SteelSteed and the cute little girls; no one came to fill it.

Now I remember what happened. After Jeff cleaned his car up and started to pull around to take that spot the other Grabber Orange car owned by Whitebird11 pulled out to leave early....and 500Pluss took his spot.

Jeff still owes us 20 push ups for screwing up the photo shoot. :banghead:

Great Pics! I just wish you had taken one with all the hoods up and one with all the hoods closed! :happy feet:

And I have to admire those who scaled the roof to take the shots! It looks like a little too steep of a pitch for Ruf! :redcard:

I was the only one on the roof. I asked that no one go up there. ati snuck up there once.

circle01.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics. Shirley shot this one from inside our car chasing Grabber on our way from the Vista House to Multnomah Falls through the backwoods. I have video footage of this, as well, but it may be days before I have time to upload everything (things are crazy busy for me right now)....

post-2549-1212089781.jpg

post-2549-1212089781.jpg

This is one of my favorite pics. Shirley shot this one from inside our car chasing Grabber on our way from the Vista House to Multnomah Falls through the backwoods. I have video footage of this, as well, but it may be days before I have time to upload everything (things are crazy busy for me right now)....

post-2549-1212089781.jpg

Brian - Great shot! I never noticed a hood scoop on your car before. What type is it? :happy feet:

Brian - Great shot! I never noticed a hood scoop on your car before. What type is it? :happy feet:

Hi, Bryan, that's the factory '07 hood scoop that was part of the GT Appearance Package (new for '07) that included the hood scoop, engine plenem cover, and bright rolled exhaust tips. While non-functional from the factory, I've opened mine up and cut the hood to get fresh air flowing into the engine compartment to (hopefully) blow hot air down and out.

Hi, Bryan, that's the factory '07 hood scoop that was part of the GT Appearance Package (new for '07) that included the hood scoop, engine plenem cover, and bright rolled exhaust tips. While non-functional from the factory, I've opened mine up and cut the hood to get fresh air flowing into the engine compartment to (hopefully) blow hot air down and out.

How about a pic of the hood? What happens to the water when it rains?

How about a pic of the hood? What happens to the water when it rains?

After having a 2003 Mach 1 with the factory shaker hood scoop, I wasn't too concerned about water hurting anything. I figure a little water dripping in from the scoop onto the engine can't hurt anymore than water splashing up from the road. I don't have the scoop blowing air toward any electronics or the airbox, so it shouldn't be getting anything wet that wouldn't get wet anyway from below. And I trust that the same gaskets keeping the oil inside the engine will also keep the rainwater out of the engine.

post-2549-1212102759.jpg

post-2549-1212102780.jpg

post-2549-1212102759.jpg

post-2549-1212102780.jpg

She's cute!! But she has her hand on your fender! :redcard:

And she's LEANING against the fender!!! :finger:

Normally, she would follow the "nude-only" policy for touching my car, but Rob & Tana were having a family oriented gathering.

Very sneaky five-oh! Better watch it or you will win the baitmobile award :happy feet:

You can't imagine how tough it is to resist adding bling to my car. There are so many cool things I want for the exterior (i.e. hood pins, SHR side window louvers, bigger/chromed wheels, big cross-drilled & slotted brakes, loud exhaust, GT/CS F/R bumper covers, LeMans stripes, etc.). but I'm having fun driving a total sleeper and being able to drive more aggressively without attracting the wrong kind of attention.

I saw you back there. :jackinbox:

Did you see the Vette that got out of our way?

I saw you back there. :jackinbox:

Did you see the Vette that got out of our way?

I kept waiting for that Vette to lean on the go pedal, but you must have intimidated him! If he knows his cars, he likely knew he didn't have a fighting chance. Base C5 makes what? 350 to 400hp, depending on year? He would have been outgunned by almost all of us in our group.

Check out this photo that MrFarmdog stitched together for me. Very nice work John. :) The only problem is that we were missing the last car at this time. 500Pluss was running a little late. I think that I got the full photo shoot with Five-Oh-B's camera.

Five-O-B....where are your pic's ?

PNWMG.jpg

Thanks Grabber! I wish I could have made it but my work schedule just didn't work out. Looks like it was a great time!

Archived