TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man....I wish it would stop raining here! I haven't even been able to go get gas yet! let alone work on detailing.....

I think any attempt to "fine tune" the exterior is going to be a waste of time for me. I will be lucky to tell what color my GT500 is whith the road spray I'll be wearing.....! :nonono: :eek5:

We may do a later arrival so we can consider our options.....If we leave at 8 we are 3 hrs door to door.... :banghead:

If I could just see the sun! :shrug: :bandance: :shades:

Here is the forcast from the Nat'l Weather Service as of a few minutes ago:

Detailed Forecast Hour-by-Hour Forecast

Today: Rain. High 61F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

Tonight: Rain showers this evening with clearing overnight. Low 52F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 50%.

Tomorrow: A few showers in the morning then thundershowers in the afternoon. High 72F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Tomorrow night: Cloudy with occasional rain showers. Low around 55F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.

5 Day Forecast

Updated 05-23-2008 08:00 AM Local Time at Portland - OR

SAT

Thundershowers

Hi 72°

Lo 55°

I watched all 3 of our local weather TV channels this morning. Sat there is a chance of rain....and that's all. It is raining now.

Here is the hourly for Sat here at my house per accuweather:

7am03.gif

48° FPartly Sunny8am06.gif

51° FMostly Cloudy9am06.gif

53° FMostly Cloudy10am06.gif

53° FMostly Cloudy11am06.gif

56° FMostly CloudyNoon06.gif

58° FMostly Cloudy1pm18.gif

59° FRain2pm06.gif

61° FMostly Cloudy

....and the next 8 hours of Sat. after noon into the evening:

3pm06.gif

64° FMostly Cloudy4pm06.gif

64° FMostly Cloudy5pm06.gif

64° FMostly Cloudy6pm06.gif

64° FMostly Cloudy7pm18.gif

63° FRain8pm07.gif

61° FCloudy9pm07.gif

58° FCloudy10pm07.gif

57° FCloudy

We just got another member who has asked to attend the party....rain or shine.

Blackhawkpilot is coming :happy feet:

He's now on the list.

On the list to attend:

1. Grabber (Rob) - Confirmed attendance

2. Tanabanana (Tana) - Confirmed attendance

3. BryGuy (Bryan & Tessa) - Confirmed attendance

4. Five Oh B (Bryan & Shirley) - Confirmed attendance

5. SteelSteeds (Lance) - Confirmed attendance

6. Player5rm (Randy) - Confirmed attendance CANCELED due to work

7. lbfdengineer (Gary & Susie) - Confirmed attendance

8. pjo (Pam & Jim - Confirmed attendance Bringing a cake

9. Putnamdo (Bryan & Dee) - Confirmed attendance

10. 500Plus (Jeff) - Confirmed attendance

11. SGT2666 (Ron & Wendy) - Confirmed attendance

12. justus5 (Jan & John) - Confirmed attendance

13. Hisssss (Mark & Barbie) - Confirmed attendance

14. GT500Ron (Ron & Cathy) - Confirmed attendance

15. Alloy Dave (Dave & Terry) - Confirmed attendance Bringing a surprize

16. fast_eddie (Ed & Jill) - Confirmed attendance Bringing Choc. Chip cookies

17. Mustang Missy (Missy) - Confirmed Attendance

18. Gun Oil - (Win & Sam) - Confirmed attendance

19. ShelbyGT07 - (James & Charla) - Confirmed attendance

20. ati - (Alan & Lisa) - Confirmed attendance

21. Shelly & Karen are bringing there Saleen - Confirmed attendance

22. 8sgt441 - (Adam & Shirley) - Confirmed attendance

23. Dave C - (Dave & Sherri) - Confirmed attendance

24. Benzito - (Mike) - Confirmed attendance

25. Blackhawkpilot - (mike) - Confirmed attendance

ok..I"ve lost directions. :banghead: .ha

Somethings wierd about the site...here was my post...uggh

ok..I"ve lost directions. :banghead: .have the initial agenda so think 10am is when we start our engines...right..ETA right?

:party2: :party: :party2:

Grabber..can you pm directions or link....GRACIAS..onto baking and a fill and mmmnnnn a wax (LOL...nah..it's just going to be a little dirty when I get there....)

:yahoo:

Maybe we've used the party ICON too much :woohoo:

I am having my JBA headers installed (started WED :shrug:) as we speak, the shop told me that they would have it done by tonight, :waiting: thats what will determine if Barbie and I show up...Wish me luck everyone...

The wife told me that it was al my fault because I shouldnt have turned the Shelby in to have the exhaust installed before the meet... :chairshot:

Rob....

We are going to hop off the caravan at Woodland, to fuel up....Sam suggested we grab a Veggie Tray there while we are there in front of Safeway.....

Does this work?

We feel realy weird not bringing anyhthing but liquid refreshment.

W

I am having my JBA headers installed (started WED :shrug:) as we speak, the shop told me that they would have it done by tonight, :waiting: thats what will determine if Barbie and I show up...Wish me luck everyone...

The wife told me that it was al my fault because I shouldnt have turned the Shelby in to have the exhaust installed before the meet... :chairshot:

Good for you! I opted for safety. I had a bit of garage time in the last couple of weeks, but I opted not to start my header install. If something had gone wrong, I'd have been really upset to miss the meet. I worked on my '78 Mustang instead, and I'll put my headers on after the meet. I'm glad to hear that someone will be representing the LOUD contingent! Look forward to hearing it.

Rob, I was looking at the list of people and it struck me, name tags are going to be necessary! Did we have them last year? Probably not, it was a manageable enough size to remember everyone (more or less). But keeping names/nicknames/forum names all straight for everyone and their guests is going to be a bit more challenging this year. Or is that just too dorky? Maybe some cool tags with the Shelby logo on them....

The yard is ready.

Tana is cooking some stuff.

On my way to Costco in an hour. Ati's plane lands at 4:10pm. :happy feet:

Had to strike a member from the list.

On the list to attend:

12. justus5 (Jan & John) - Confirmed attendance Does not like the rain.

Somethings wierd about the site...here was my post...uggh

ok..I"ve lost directions. :banghead: .have the initial agenda so think 10am is when we start our engines...right..ETA right?

:party2: :party: :party2:

Grabber..can you pm directions or link....GRACIAS..onto baking and a fill and mmmnnnn a wax (LOL...nah..it's just going to be a little dirty when I get there....)

:yahoo:

Maybe we've used the party ICON too much :woohoo:

Pam,

PM sent. Call me if you need too. The band arrives at 10 am to set up. See you around 10am +/-. I will be up and about early. Come early if you want to clean your car.

Rob

Rob....

We are going to hop off the caravan at Woodland, to fuel up....Sam suggested we grab a Veggie Tray there while we are there in front of Safeway.....

Does this work?

We feel realy weird not bringing anyhthing but liquid refreshment.

W

I got the food and veggies handled. Bring yourself and be prepared to have fun.

Rob

Good for you! I opted for safety. I had a bit of garage time in the last couple of weeks, but I opted not to start my header install. If something had gone wrong, I'd have been really upset to miss the meet. I worked on my '78 Mustang instead, and I'll put my headers on after the meet. I'm glad to hear that someone will be representing the LOUD contingent! Look forward to hearing it.

Rob, I was looking at the list of people and it struck me, name tags are going to be necessary! Did we have them last year? Probably not, it was a manageable enough size to remember everyone (more or less). But keeping names/nicknames/forum names all straight for everyone and their guests is going to be a bit more challenging this year. Or is that just too dorky? Maybe some cool tags with the Shelby logo on them....

I bought some stick on name tags at the party store with some other stuff. Don't worry my friend...I got it.

I was looking at the list, trying to figure out what cars are going to be attending. At first, I didn't think I'd know that many, but from signatures and screen names, I know most. But, I don't know if everyone is driving their Shelby to the event. Obviously at least one (ATI) is not, and isn't someone else driving an RV?

My point: How about a list of names paired with the car they are (or aren't) bringing?

But then, Rob's probably busy enough without piddly tasks like that. I'm just stuck here at work looking out at the clouds and impatient for tomorrow!!!

:waiting:

:work:

:runaway:

Guys,

I have 20 chairs here of my own. If you have a small chair or 2 to throw in your trunk....bring it.

I will be setting up some tables and chairs in the shop in case it decides to sprinkle. I now longer have a boat and camper in there....so I have some room if we need it.

Lance,

Did you mean something like this: Pictures didn't come out.

steelsteeds Lance

Hisssssssssss Mark and Barbie

Grabber Rob and Tana

Gun Oil Win and Sam

RufDraft

ati Alan and Lisa

five oh B Bryan and Shirley

Mccoy studio

PJo

BryGuy Bryan

My500SS Dan

dave c dave and sherri

GT500Ron Ron

rpretzel

ShelbyDude

SGT2666

ColoradoShelbyGT

Tanabanana Tana

Mustang Missy Missy

8sqt441

whitebird11

Snoopy

msmap

Joe G

ShelbyGT07 James

500 plus JF

KMC Boss Ed

Player5rm

Alloy Dave Dave

Mr Farm Dog John

Justus5 Jan

Spokane Shelby Denny

Badtony Tony and Julie

Mustangman33

Bysie

SCGT500

Super Snake

BLOWN Jim and Connie

lbfdengineer Gary and Susie

12. justus5 (Jan & John) - Confirmed attendance Does not like the rain.

I was looking at the list, trying to figure out what cars are going to be attending. At first, I didn't think I'd know that many, but from signatures and screen names, I know most. But, I don't know if everyone is driving their Shelby to the event. Obviously at least one (ATI) is not, and isn't someone else driving an RV?

My point: How about a list of names paired with the car they are (or aren't) bringing?

But then, Rob's probably busy enough without piddly tasks like that. I'm just stuck here at work looking out at the clouds and impatient for tomorrow!!!

:waiting:

:work:

:runaway:

Kathy and I will be showing up in different motorized vehicles. We are now having a debate as to who will drive the Shelby down and who will drive the RV. Kathy handles both with a lot of skill. Her daily driver is a WRX 5 speed manual. However, I think that I should drive the Shelby. In any case our RV and Shelby GT 500 will be there. I posted pictures of both in an earlier reply on this post

I am so glad you all are going to make it.

I have activated a back up plan at my place. :happy feet:

1.) I just talked to the Band. They will set up in my garage and jam from there facing the field. This way their amps will stay dry in there if we get a shower.

2.) I am emptying out my 30 X 48 foot shop to make room for tables and chairs and the food spread. This way, if it rains....we can all eat and visit in the dry while listening to the live band. I don't have a boat and a camper in there any more, so it will be a large covered area for all of us. I will open the 2 12 X 12 roll up doors and all 3 window so we can see our cars and the band.

It's going to be great. I just got back with all the food. Heading out now to get ice and some other stuff. Ati (Alan) should be here soon, and he will help me set it all up.

I am so glad you all are going to make it.

I have activated a back up plan at my place. :happy feet:

1.) I just talked to the Band. They will set up in my garage and jam from there facing the field. This way their amps will stay dry in there if we get a shower.

2.) I am emptying out my 30 X 48 foot shop to make room for tables and chairs and the food spread. This way, if it rains....we can all eat and visit in the dry while listening to the live band. I don't have a boat and a camper in there any more, so it will be a large covered area for all of us. I will open the 2 12 X 12 roll up doors and all 3 window so we can see our cars and the band.

It's going to be great. I just got back with all the food. Heading out now to get ice and some other stuff. Ati (Alan) should be here soon, and he will help me set it all up.

So should I leave the Canopy at home??? :shrug: Even if it is sunny, I really don't want to stand out in it for four hours.....

Grab - where will you park the 500 and Tana's CS?

Do you have a tent for the grille?

I bet you won't get much sleep tonight! :happy feet:

Don't forget pics for those of us who can't make it.

post-4913-1211588805.jpg

post-4913-1211588805.jpg

Archived