TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd annual Pacific NW Meet & Greet

Grabber

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grabber - I've poured plenty of WATER on my car washing it this week. I'm going to drink lots of WATER to stay hydrated on our trip. We're going to the Columbia River to see lots of WATER running between Oregon and Washington, then over to Multnomah Falls to see WATER falling from above. It's safe to say the theme of this year's Meet & Greet is WATER. I guess some rain WATER is very poetic, right?

I'm ok with water, wet/rain or dry/sunny.....Never know...Oregon/Wash. is so fickle that we may still end up a with a beautiful day. No more waxing for me either...last Wax was Sunday and I agree...if I wash or wax it it will RAIN more....

SUN GOD WORSHIP started.....

:angel: :angel: :angel:

OK I see that there are some die hards that a little water won't bother. I was thinking that many would not even show up if the weather is sketchy. I just watched the 5pm news. I will be watching it tonight and tomorrow.

Ruf has a good idea about changing the plans up a bit. I guess I am just bummed out because the weatherman keeps making things sound worse. First he was talking about some possible showers, and now he is talking about some possible thunder and lightning storms.

My idea of fun is not cruising my GT500 around a bunch of wet slick twistie roads up in the Columbia Gorge where it will surely be wet. We are getting the spin off from the tornado in Colorado.

Tomorrow is my food purchase day and prep day for the party. I have the day off to do it. When I get up tomorrow I will be checking the weather before I go buy a boat load of barb-b-Q supplies to cook in the rain.

So if it rains are you all coming, or just the 3 that posted ?

OK I see that there are some die hards that a little water won't bother. I was thinking that many would not even show up if the weather is sketchy. I just watched the 5pm news. I will be watching it tonight and tomorrow.

Ruf has a good idea about changing the plans up a bit. I guess I am just bummed out because the weatherman keeps making things sound worse. First he was talking about some possible showers, and now he is talking about some possible thunder and lightning storms.

My idea of fun is not cruising my GT500 around a bunch of wet slick twistie roads up in the Columbia Gorge where it will surely be wet. We are getting the spin off from the tornado in Colorado.

Tomorrow is my food purchase day and prep day for the party. I have the day off to do it. When I get up tomorrow I will be checking the weather before I go buy a boat load of barb-b-Q supplies to cook in the rain.

So if it rains are you all coming, or just the 3 that posted ?

I'm trying to be optimistic here. Things change soo fast around here that in 24hrs there may be a whole new forecast. However if it is raining I won't be making it. :banghead::censored: Sorry for being a puss. I've been looking forward to this for 6 months!

Keep your finger crossed!

Bry

I'm trying to be optimistic here. Things change soo fast around here that in 24hrs there may be a whole new forecast. However if it is raining I won't be making it. :banghead::censored: Sorry for being a puss. I've been looking forward to this for 6 months!

Keep your finger crossed!

Bry

Things do change over night around here. Hopefully it will be for the better. I have a feeling that most members think like you. If it's raining...they won't come.

Shirley & I will be there, rain or shine, unless you opt to cancel the whole event. My GT is a daily driver and it has seen tons of wet weather driving. The only change I'll be making if it rains is that I'll keep the all season tires on, and leave the drag radials at home. If you do cancel, Shirley & I are still going to Battleground tomorrow night, but we'd likely head into Portland Saturday for the day (Saturday Market or Lloyds Center for some shopping, if nothing else).

While it would be cool to have a few dozen people at this year's event, Grabber, keep in mind that we had a great time last year with just 11 cars and about 20 people. Heck, only 7 cars went on the cruise toward Cougar. I'm sure you'll have at least that many, if not more, even if the rain keeps a few people away.

But, you certainly need a good head count, so that you don't over-purchase the food and stuff.

I just sent out a PM to everyone. This way I can get a head count. I have not given up and I have not cancled the band.

Hanging in there AND WAITING FOR pm'S TO BE RETURNED.

I just sent out a PM to everyone. This way I can get a head count. I have not given up and I have not cancled the band.

Hanging in there AND WAITING FOR pm'S TO BE RETURNED.

My PM keeps giving me a wierd error :banghead::banghead: so I"m posting instead....

We'll be there unless you cancel completely. We are very very flexible...mine is not a DD but it's been WET....

We liked RUF's idea of driving..I checked out The Dalles weather but it was also a chance of rain Sat so no real escape route. :runaway::runaway:

I'm baking cakes tmrw (irregardless)...my boys LOVE cake so we can always have our CAKE and EAT IT TOO!!!!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo:

Thanks Rob and Tana.....

If it does pour down rain sorry, we won't be going either. But, if it's scattered showers here and there, we will. 30% chance is probably only light rain anyway. We really are looking forward to going. This years weather sucks!!!! :(

But it's your call as well. So keep us posted Rob. We'll look for the decision tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dave and Sherri

It's dry here this evening. I just got the field lawn mowed and bagged and edged.

The turf is ready for the cars. :happy feet:

I got 21 PM's. They were from 7 members. Lots of duplicates. :headscratch: Not sure what the problem was. Those 7 are coming.

Anyways, I am keeping the faith that the weather will cooperate. I have not cancled the band. They are bringing some tents just in case they need them for sun or rain drop protection.

We are going to have a good time no matter what. We will make this work. :)

Just checked Accuweather.com for my zip code of 98604. The thunder storm is gone.

Saturday, May 2414.gifHigh: 71 °F RealFeel®: 73 °FIntervals of clouds and sunshine with a passing shower

The only thing that could keep me away is SNOW!!!

Like others said: Liquid sunshine. We live in the PNW, it happens. Live with it or move south!

I'll be there. You can mark me as RECONFIRMED.

BryGuy, I hope you can make it, I'm really looking forward to seeing a red package Shelby in person.

18 Days and Counting :happy feet:

16 Days and Counting :happy feet:

13 Days and Counting :happy feet:

10 Days and Counting :happy feet:

6 Days and Counting :happy feet:

4 Days and Counting :happy feet:

1 Day and Counting :party2:

:happy feet: THE PARTY IS ON :happy feet:

There is a slight chance of one stray shower. They have to put that in the forcast to cover their butt.

Here is a link to the weather. If you click on the video of the Portland weather forcast...give it 5 seconds for the commercial to run first...then it tells you the weather here. Pay attention to the Portland part. It's pretty darn good news.

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?pa...04&metric=0

Do any kids come ith parents for this party at your place? Or is it an adult only gig?

It's an adult event. We do have a few teenagers coming but we would like to keep it as an adult event as much as possible.

I have recieved one cancelation. Looks like this place is going to rock. The band is coming. I spoke to them Wed. and they said they would come....rain or shine and that they like to throw up a couple awnings to keep the sun off of them. The singer said that she does not need no stinkin awning.

She sounds like Janis Joplin when she sings. :happy feet:

On the list to attend:

1. Grabber (Rob) - Confirmed attendance

2. Tanabanana (Tana) - Confirmed attendance

3. BryGuy (Bryan & Tessa) - Confirmed attendance

4. Five Oh B (Bryan & Shirley) - Confirmed attendance

5. SteelSteeds (Lance) - Confirmed attendance

6. Player5rm (Randy) - Confirmed attendance CANCELED due to work

7. lbfdengineer (Gary & Susie) - Confirmed attendance

8. pjo (Pam & Jim - Confirmed attendance Bringing a cake

9. Putnamdo (Bryan & Dee) - Confirmed attendance

10. 500Plus (Jeff) - Confirmed attendance