TEAM SHELBY FORUM

any vintage Shelbys here?

ITHERTZ

My dad traded his near new 69 Torino 428 SCJ in for a year old 68 GT-350 in Milwaukee in 69. When my mom and dad brought me home from the hospital in 70 it was in the same car. It was my graduation present and when my daughter was born I brought her home with it as well. In the early 70s my dad picked up a 68 GT-500 Convertible with a blown motor. He put a 351 Cleveland in it and gave it to my mom. She hated driving it in the Wisconsin winters and made him pick one of the two to get rid of. Luckily he kept my GT-350, while the GT-500 is worth alot more today, I could never replace the history I have with my car.

Its a 68 GT-350 Black on Black with a Paxton from Paradise Wheels, and has just turned 60k miles. I grew up in the North Woods Shelby club in Wisconsin at car shows track days at Elkhart Lake and drag strip days at Great Lakes Drag strip.

My dad has a carry over 66 that is supposedly the first 66 Shelby in Colorado and was used as Courtesy Ford's demo car. Courtesy is now a GO dealer who sold me my 08 GT-500.

I will post pictures soon.

Dennis

edit..here are my comparative 68 to 08 picts 68noh8

My dad traded his near new 69 Torino 428 SCJ in for a year old 68 GT-350 in Milwaukee in 69. When my mom and dad brought me home from the hospital in 70 it was in the same car. It was my graduation present and when my daughter was born I brought her home with it as well. In the early 70s my dad picked up a 68 GT-500 Convertible with a blown motor. He put a 351 Cleveland in it and gave it to my mom. She hated driving it in the Wisconsin winters and made him pick one of the two to get rid of. Luckily he kept my GT-350, while the GT-500 is worth alot more today, I could never replace the history I have with my car.

Its a 68 GT-350 Black on Black with a Paxton from Paradise Wheels, and has just turned 60k miles. I grew up in the North Woods Shelby club in Wisconsin at car shows track days at Elkhart Lake and drag strip days at Great Lakes Drag strip.

My dad has a carry over 66 that is supposedly the first 66 Shelby in Colorado and was used as Courtesy Ford's demo car. Courtesy is now a GO dealer who sold me my 08 GT-500.

I will post pictures soon.

Dennis

edit..here are my comparative 68 to 08 picts 68noh8

Dennis, thanks for posting those shots!! Very cool. You're a lucky guy. Now go drive one of those cars!! Its going to be in the 70's today!! :happy feet:

Dennis, thanks for posting those shots!! Very cool. You're a lucky guy. Now go drive one of those cars!! Its going to be in the 70's today!! :happy feet:

(Don't tell the collectors by my GT-500 is a daily driver) It brings a smile to my face every day! The 68 is tucked away for the winter though!

(Don't tell the collectors by my GT-500 is a daily driver) It brings a smile to my face every day! The 68 is tucked away for the winter though!

I like the fact that both of your cars are black. I was hoping they'd come out with Dark Green in the '07's, but they didn't. They're coming out with it in the Bullitts, but not in the GT500's apparently.

My wife & I have a '67 GT500, an '87 GLHS and an '07 GT500. We have finally joined a club that will recognize our GLHS! It's a fun little car to drive. The funny thing is, it isn't worth anywhere near what the other two cars are, but it's a way more rare car! They built 1000 of them, but I have no idea how many are left. I kinda like having the twenty year intervals -'67,'87, & '07.

What number is your 87 GLHS? I had bought 107 new back in 87 and had to sell it in 93...........can't find it anywhere. Currently own 2007 shelby gt 1858.......they are all great cars! Any advice on how to fine the 87?

Thx!

What number is your 87 GLHS? I had bought 107 new back in 87 and had to sell it in 93...........can't find it anywhere. Currently own 2007 shelby gt 1858.......they are all great cars! Any advice on how to fine the 87?

Thx!

I can't remeber the exact # of our GLHS, but it's in the 500's. I'm at work right now or I'd run out to the garage and check. There is a GLHS registry on line, I haven't gone there for quite a while so I assume it's still there. You might check there and see if the current owner has registered it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love these old originals, and I know they are worth a boat load of cash, however, after owning a 69 Boss 302, and now my new GT500, I will take the GT500 over anything old. Now, not trying to start a fire, but my simple reasons are, I was not a mechanic so I hated the constant tinker, as well I just love the power and handling of the newer cars. I guess for me, the old ones are nice collector and show cars, the new ones are made to drive hard! No disrespect, and I love them both. Just my .02 By the way, nice thread!

Well...

6S2166. Race car.... for almost 20 years. This is after arriving home from a SAAC convention...about 7 years ago at the Calif. Motor Speedway, where it raced in the GT350 events. It was in need of a engine freshening.....so since then, it has been rebuilt ( twice!) and eventually de-tuned so I can enjoy driving it on the street, although it is not really street legal. It still produces 460 RWHP.

post-11353-1195592925_thumb.jpg

My son got to fly home!

The new cars are nice....but I really like to work on my cars...as many near 50 yr. old guys do, so a modern car is not for me..as my fun car.

This is from 2 years ago at a SAAC meeting, at the HSR races at Daytona.

post-11353-1195592940_thumb.jpg

And my old school/new school favorite. 6S2166 behind my sons ex GHP pursuit Mustang Coupe.

Bummer, it is too big..I'll try to resize it.

Be well.

Dan C

post-11353-1195592925_thumb.jpg

post-11353-1195592940_thumb.jpg

I had GT500KR #4263 for about 20 years before I sold it and 2 other vintage Fords to buy my '05 FGT. I love the older cars but as I got older I thought it would be nice to have something with all the creature comforts. I have collected Shelby parts and liturature for about 35 years and will continue to do so. Heck, I still have two GT40 slotcars from the mid 60's that I played with as a kid. For those who have stated that the ole saac guys are elitist snobs, that is not true at all. I have never met one. These people have been extreemly dedicated to the absolute preservation of the marque for a long time. There are a lot of us older guys & ladies that own the newer cars and that are members here at Team Shelby as well. Old or new does not matter to me, it is the fact that it is a genuine Shelby. I'm sorry but lawyers and lawsuits have ruined many good things, mainly friendships.

Our KR ready to lead the noon Parade Laps at the Norcal Mini-Nats at Infineon (Sears Point).

I have Chuck Cantwell behind the wheel, he was the lead engineer on the GT350 program. Bernie Kretchmar (sp) fabricator at Shelby American in the 60's is driving the white '07

Parade_laps.jpg

Parade_laps.jpg

We have a 67 GT500 and currently are finishing up a 70 BOSS 302 restoration. Looking to sell the BOSS, working on the purchase of a 66 GT350 from a person that has owned the 66 car for 35 years.

One day I would like to own a newer Blue with White strips Shelby…

Archived