TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Official SGT Hood Scoop Fix Thread

+1 Let's keep this going....

Whoa...hold on THIS IS "The Official SGT Hood Scoop Thread"!

Well now that should lend credibility to almost any argument made here, no matter how many times it's made.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Seriously, can we have you all agree on one thread where all of you can commiserate with each other rather than creating more "official" or "pinned" threads?

I'm waiting on the fix as well, my scoop gets worse by the day as the weather grows colder, and I'm not convinced the 08's are any better, I mean my scoop looked fine when I got it! But I am convinced that posting the same over and over isn't going to change anything...so again, if you guys can agree to just keep ONE "official" thread, it sure would be helpful!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa...hold on THIS IS "The Official SGT Hood Scoop Thread"!

Well now that should lend credibility to almost any argument made here, no matter how many times it's made.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Seriously, can we have you all agree on one thread where all of you can commiserate with each other rather than creating more "official" or "pinned" threads?

I'm waiting on the fix as well, my scoop gets worse by the day as the weather grows colder, and I'm not convinced the 08's are any better, I mean my scoop looked fine when I got it! But I am convinced that posting the same over and over isn't going to change anything...so again, if you guys can agree to just keep ONE "official" thread, it sure would be helpful!

This one works just fine. When I did all those others last night (at 2 am) I didn't see this one.

Guys, as I stated before. We have a fix, its a great fix, many of the dealers don't want it, so we are working on something else. That fix takes time, I want to make sure it works, I don't want to keep doing this. If you have a dealer that will do the rivets, call us

Amy

Guys, as I stated before. We have a fix, its a great fix, many of the dealers don't want it, so we are working on something else. That fix takes time, I want to make sure it works, I don't want to keep doing this. If you have a dealer that will do the rivets, call us

Amy

Amy, thanks. I guess I should wait until the "something else", if many dealers aren't willing to do the rivet fix. My plan is to have it, whatever it is, done at the Shelby / Tasca shop. I should not get any pushback there, correct?

the fender scoop on the passenger side looks worse than my hood scoop...how do i remove it so i can put some 2 sided tape under it? or can that be done?

Fatboy, the side scoop has tape behind it and 2 threaded posts. There was a thread about these on the old SAI forums. Mine has a little bit of lifting but hasnt beena big deal yet. Do a seacr on the old boards for this subject. It had a pic of the scoop and how to as well.

Amy

Amy:

Sorry to be a jerk here, but this issue has been going for what seems like forever and it is difficult to separate SAI’s position from other people’s opinions, suggestions and conjecture. Please help define this. Don’t get me wrong, I love my car and appreciate your personal involvement in this issue.

We understand that SAI doesn't want to pay dealers over and over again for the same fix (for who knows how many) cars. Many owners (as I have) are holding off until there is an SAI fix that is under warranty and the owner is not at risk from the dealer's installation if it doesn't work out or the car gets damaged in the process.

I'm sorry, but not all the questions have been addressed. Here they are as I see it.

1. Is the current rivet fix SAI WARRANTED ? I have a packet of rivets from SAI and the instructions clearly state that this is NOT an SAI warranted fix. I’m nervous about doing this fix without SAI backup.

2. Are the 2008 hood scoops manufactured differently and/or do they have a different method of attaching to the hoods? Is that why the 2008 cars’ scoop look better?

3. Can we order 2008 hood scoops to replace are 2007 scoops.

4. What is the “something else” that you are working on?

4. Lastly, WHO do we trust with the installation?

Respectfully,

Tim

Amy:

Sorry to be a jerk here, but this issue has been going for what seems like forever and it is difficult to separate SAI’s position from other people’s opinions, suggestions and conjecture. Please help define this. Don’t get me wrong, I love my car and appreciate your personal involvement in this issue.

We understand that SAI doesn't want to pay dealers over and over again for the same fix (for who knows how many) cars. Many owners (as I have) are holding off until there is an SAI fix that is under warranty and the owner is not at risk from the dealer's installation if it doesn't work out or the car gets damaged in the process.

I'm sorry, but not all the questions have been addressed. Here they are as I see it.

1. Is the current rivet fix SAI WARRANTED ? I have a packet of rivets from SAI and the instructions clearly state that this is NOT an SAI warranted fix. I’m nervous about doing this fix without SAI backup.

2. Are the 2008 hood scoops manufactured differently and/or do they have a different method of attaching to the hoods? Is that why the 2008 cars’ scoop look better?

Respectfully,

Tim

(bump)

Amy:

Respectfully,

Tim

(bump)

Until the scoops are manufactured with the contour of the hood you are never going to fix the problem correctly. Unless that happens, all you are going to end up with is a mickey mouse patch job, and the problem will return with time imo. I hope for everyone's sake SAI can prove me wrong. At the risk of sounding conceited, i will say i have been playing with cars for 30+ years and have done a fair amount of fabrication myself. The solution to the problem is not rocket science, and this post is not meant to be a slam to SAI or anyone that works there.

My guess is they are trying to find a fix without having to have the manufacturer of the scoops retool, and produce scoops that are contoured to the hood as this would be very costly. With that being said, my scoop fits well compared to others i have seen. Time will tell if it's going to stay that way.

Just my .02

Until the scoops are manufactured with the contour of the hood you are never going to fix the problem correctly. Unless that happens, all you are going to end up with is a mickey mouse patch job, and the problem will return with time imo. I hope for everyone's sake SAI can prove me wrong. At the risk of sounding conceited, i will say i have been playing with cars for 30+ years and have done a fair amount of fabrication myself. The solution to the problem is not rocket science, and this post is not meant to be a slam to SAI or anyone that works there.

My guess is they are trying to find a fix without having to have the manufacturer of the scoops retool, and produce scoops that are contoured to the hood as this would be very costly. With that being said, my scoop fits well compared to others i have seen. Time will tell if it's going to stay that way.

Just my .02

+1000 That's what I have been saying!

Just my .02

Costly but not ridiculous. I would estimate about 2-3 million for all the cars. That is for modifying the existing tool and reshooting the parts. Certainly well worth the $$ to fix a well talked about problem.

Costly but not ridiculous. I would estimate about 2-3 million for all the cars. That is for modifying the existing tool and reshooting the parts. Certainly well worth the $$ to fix a well talked about problem.

I agree with everyone 100% that the problem should be resolved correctly, and not take a year or two to do it. It really shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. I'm waiting for mine to start lifting and warping with cold weather coming.

I met #116 at a car show today. This guy didn't even realize he had an issue with his scoop. :banghead: The front of it sat a 1/4 inch off the hood . Had the rest of the lifting in various places as well. :doh:

Uh-ohh....I guess you made his day :shrug:

Forgive my ignorance as I don't own a Shelby GT but what is the issue with the hood scoops???

The hood scoops are alive. The lift and warp and move by themselves!! :hysterical2:

Archived