TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Official SGT Hood Scoop Fix Thread

:hysterical: I wanted to be the first one to ask SAI on the new, official Shelby forum. When does SAI expect to announce the OFFICIAL and FINAL Hood Scoop Fix?? Thank you!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The real question should be: if it isn't functional, why is it there in the first place? :hysterical2:

That's a good question, not only about the SGT's but also about a zillion other makes and models out there which have them. The fact is, however, we do have them and we want them done right! :rant:

The real question should be: if it isn't functional, why is it there in the first place? :hysterical2:

Moab,

Scoops look cool, functional or not. They are not for everyone. With that being said, using the laughing emotioncon like that rubs our fellow members the wrong way. I have a GT/CS with a hood scoop and have heard comments like that directed towards my car and it made me feel uncomfortable too so I know how they feel.

I had several GT's in the past and LOVED the non-functional scoops. they MADE the car look mean. As for non-functional, no different than the side scoops guys are buying for the GT500! Are they functional? I agree with the poster, if the car came with one, and there are issues, solve the issues! BTW, what is the issue, just so I understand it?

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...=2869&st=20

Ilmor, take a look at the above url. The post I left on page 2 is the procedure you need to follow to get it fixed. I have not seen an official announcement and who knows if we ever will. But regardless if you follow the instructions he sent me you wil lbe taken care of :) BTW, these boards make you look fat Ilmor ;)

Would you like me to list the silly "Non-Functional" items on the GT500? Many things on a car are for "looks" and have no relationship to getting from point A to point B. Perhaps you have a case of "scoop envy" and are in denial? :dreamy:

Would you like me to list the silly "Non-Functional" items on the GT500? Many things on a car are for "looks" and have no relationship to getting from point A to point B. Perhaps you have a case of "scoop envy" and are in denial? :dreamy:

Since this combative nature tends to continue to rear it's ugly head, ok, you got me, what are the non-functional items on a GT500? Just for kicks!

I don't own a Shelby GT, so my comments probably don't belong here, but I'm stubborn....

Grabber, you've been here long enough to know that Mark probably didn't mean it the way it came across. For the new guys (new to this site, anyways), you probably aren't familiar with the atmosphere in these forums. We all tend to tease each other, without any malice meant. Like a group of friends, we tease in a good natured manner. There are a few trolls who will pass through, and some linger longer to try to get fights going, but for the most part people are here for camaraderie.

For some reason, good or bad, both forums have been combined into one. Some of the comments above come across as being written by people sporting rather large chips on their shoulders. I hope that isn't the case, and that I misinterpreted the comments. It's a shame that things are starting out this way. Maybe everyone (me included) needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try again. No matter which car I own, if there is a problem it should be fixed. Correctly. Whether it be a hood scoop or a problematic hydraulic clutch, we are all here to learn from each other and help each other when possible.

I've met 2 people on this site who own both a GT500 and a Shelby GT. Do they now need to "choose sides", or decide who to be "friends with"? No. Let's drop the GT500 vs SGT thing before it gets ugly. They are both nice cars, and I'd be honored to own either one.

Oh, and check Moab's signature. He doesn't own either one, yet he has been a good source of information to me. Hopefully to others as well. I also hope that something I've posted has helped him in some small way.

Oh, and if we were all to meet up at a show, or something, I would gladly swap rides for a few miles just to feel for myself how a Shelby GT drives. I like the looks, and quite honestly I think they have a better chance of winding up as a collector car than my GT500 will.

So, to all you SGT owners out there: Welcome. And nice rides.

I don't own a Shelby GT, so my comments probably don't belong here, but I'm stubborn....

Grabber, you've been here long enough to know that Mark probably didn't mean it the way it came across. For the new guys (new to this site, anyways), you probably aren't familiar with the atmosphere in these forums. We all tend to tease each other, without any malice meant. Like a group of friends, we tease in a good natured manner. There are a few trolls who will pass through, and some linger longer to try to get fights going, but for the most part people are here for camaraderie.

For some reason, good or bad, both forums have been combined into one. Some of the comments above come across as being written by people sporting rather large chips on their shoulders. I hope that isn't the case, and that I misinterpreted the comments. It's a shame that things are starting out this way. Maybe everyone (me included) needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and try again. No matter which car I own, if there is a problem it should be fixed. Correctly. Whether it be a hood scoop or a problematic hydraulic clutch, we are all here to learn from each other and help each other when possible.

I've met 2 people on this site who own both a GT500 and a Shelby GT. Do they now need to "choose sides", or decide who to be "friends with"? No. Let's drop the GT500 vs SGT thing before it gets ugly. They are both nice cars, and I'd be honored to own either one.

Oh, and check Moab's signature. He doesn't own either one, yet he has been a good source of information to me. Hopefully to others as well. I also hope that something I've posted has helped him in some small way.

Oh, and if we were all to meet up at a show, or something, I would gladly swap rides for a few miles just to feel for myself how a Shelby GT drives. I like the looks, and quite honestly I think they have a better chance of winding up as a collector car than my GT500 will.

Orf, +100000000 You are spot on! I could care less what car, so long as we all love'em and talk about them. heck I loved my 83 GT 5,0 HO, and if I still had it, you bet I would be talking about it. I agree with Orf and hope any eye poking we do is all in good fun!

Good form ORF.

I know Mark, but the others don't. In this time of change and transition, untill we all get to know each other, we need to be considerate of each others feelings. It is hard to see emotions over the internet.

Good form ORF.

I know Mark, but the others don't. In this time of change and transition, untill we all get to know each other, we need to be considerate of each others feelings. It is hard to see emotions over the internet.

Agreed. Which is why I stuck my nose in where it didn't belong.

http://forum.shelbyautos.com/index.php?sho...=2869&st=20

Ilmor, take a look at the above url. The post I left on page 2 is the procedure you need to follow to get it fixed. I have not seen an official announcement and who knows if we ever will. But regardless if you follow the instructions he sent me you wil lbe taken care of :) BTW, these boards make you look fat Ilmor ;)

Thanks Webba. I was aware of that, but SAI has continued to say that the "final fix" and the "official fix" is still be be determined. If SAI would simply state that the instructions you mention are just that, then I'm fine. Right now, however, SAI has left me with what I perceive to be an unresolved issue. SAI (Amy, Bud?) can you simply give us an update on this (hood scoop repair) issue and / or put it to bed once and for all? Thanks!

Well said Orf. I guess one thing that has gone unsaid is just as much as some of us at the SAI boards are irritated and feel kicked to the curb some of you guys must be feeling similar things. You guys had your little clicks and freindships and here come us new clowns whining and moaning. So I think we defitely all have to have patience. We are both going to take things the wrong way until we get to know one another.

And BTW I dont think you stuck your neck where it didnt belong. You are a member here and were defending a freind. I would so the same.

:headscratch: Functional. Guess it depends on how you define it. The shaker on my 03 Mach was considered by many to be functional. It's been proven that it added nothing to the performance of the car, so it just gave the "illusion" of being functional. Just a marketing tool.

But it looks cool though............

Reminds me of the ole Cobra Jet scoop........

Back to topic.

Can any of the board members that has SAI before their names please tell us what and when we will have a final hood scoop fix for the Shelby GT. One that is covered under warranty and that dealers are willing to complete.

Thank You.

+1

I can advise you that I took mine in to the dealer and the fix was to drilled mulitple holes in the hood and attached rivets. My hood is not bad so I am still waiting for the final fix. Hopefully they are working on that. Thanx Steve

Archived