TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripes on 'vert

MACHMAN

I have a vert ordered. I'm a fan of the lemans stripes and am considering adding them to the car. I'm purchasing the shelby for instant gratification, but also for long term value for my 6 yr old son. My question: Because stripes are not offered on verts from the factory, would adding "dealer installed" stripes detract from the long term value of the vehicle?? everyone's thoughts please

As many have said, I wouldn't make future value a high priority on this car. I mean, if it does eventually appreciate that much (a big "if"), then spring for a top quality repaint to the original color.

Get it to look the way you want it now. If you want your son to enjoy it later on, get his opinion of the stripe. That'll be a link for him to the car that he will remember for a long time, especially if you make it a big deal for him.

I'm sure there are people on here who will call me an idiot for saying that, but it is your car. Do what you want to it.

As many have said, I wouldn't make future value a high priority on this car. I mean, if it does eventually appreciate that much (a big "if"), then spring for a top quality repaint to the original color.

Get it to look the way you want it now. If you want your son to enjoy it later on, get his opinion of the stripe. That'll be a link for him to the car that he will remember for a long time, especially if you make it a big deal for him.

I'm sure there are people on here who will call me an idiot for saying that, but it is your car. Do what you want to it.

I agree with Orf in part. " As many have said, I wouldn't make future value a high priority on this car. I mean, if it does eventually appreciate that much (a big "if") " Then we depart in our thinking. Leave the car the way it was made. (SPECIALTY VEHICLE (SVT) ) Get the drift? If you want to make a car with stripes and I havent seen one of these and I have been to many shows. Buy a GT convertible and make it the way you want it. Ford and Shelby didnt put stripes on the vert for a reason. I think you will find that you wont be happy with over the top stripes on your vert anyway. Something about the over the top not being there that makes it look strange.

post-4943-1148390719_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148390719_thumb.jpg

'To each their own' as they say.

I ordered a 'vert as well. I plan on adding tape stripes to the hood and deck, and new door stripes, although not exactly the same as coupes.

Whether a long term investment or not, it's your car. Make it look just the way you want it to. I am!

I'll echo what's been said before. Don't consider it an investment. Do what you want to make you happy. If in the long run the value goes up and they are hard to get (the only reason the value might go up) a potential buyer isn't going to care if it's purple with pink polka-dots.

EDIT: A clarification: The important thing will be that the car is documented as an original GT500, not a clone, of which there will be many IF the value goes up.

'To each their own' as they say.

I ordered a 'vert as well. I plan on adding tape stripes to the hood and deck, and new door stripes, although not exactly the same as coupes.

Whether a long term investment or not, it's your car. Make it look just the way you want it to. I am!

That is the beauty of ownership. Its yours and you can do anything you want to it as long as you can afford it. As long as the neighborhood association approves hahahahah. :bandance: Shelby registry = neighborhood association (just kidding) :rant:

Archived