TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wife drops the hammer on 08 Vapor

jamie392

Well to my great suprise my wife picked up a new 08 Vapor w/ Black Stripes, was totally unexpected what a great suprise, I really like it, very fun car.

post-10543-1193846306_thumb.jpg

post-10543-1193846593_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Sounds like you have a very cool wife if she pines for a GT500. Now you need to convince her to switch cars with you :hysterical2:

KC666

ummmm, nooooooooo :headspin:

HeHe.. yeah think I will be trading in my Saleen for a "08GT-500" she bought the car for both of us, but she is really loving it alot. The dealer here is getting a grabber orange and a black Gt-500, he still has a red one with black stripes, but think I will wait on the black one. It's really hard to go back to the Saleen after driving the Gt-500.

My girlfriend jumped in mine and tried to move it once...almost put it through the fence... :censored:

I'm looking for a very large pad to break her in on how to drive one...

Hey for those who have driven both the Saleen and the Shelby's what didn't you like about the Saleen vs the Shelby? I have test driven a Roush stage 3 and a Saleen S281 but have never driven a Shelby.

Am toying with a supersnake but have read a few good things about the S281 extreme and wonder how they will compare to both the stock Shelby and the supersnake.

Hey for those who have driven both the Saleen and the Shelby's what didn't you like about the Saleen vs the Shelby? I have test driven a Roush stage 3 and a Saleen S281 but have never driven a Shelby.

Am toying with a supersnake but have read a few good things about the S281 extreme and wonder how they will compare to both the stock Shelby and the supersnake.

Hmm, well its the ride of the Shelby and the overall fit and finish of the car that really won me over. The Saleen and Roush are nice cars no doubt about that, but in the end they are still after-market cars, even though the Saleen comes numbered with unique vin it does'nt feel as polished as the Shelby GT-500 imho. If I had to do it over again I would of picked the Roush over the Saleen. But to each there own...

Hmm, well its the ride of the Shelby and the overall fit and finish of the car that really won me over. The Saleen and Roush are nice cars no doubt about that, but in the end they are still after-market cars, even though the Saleen comes numbered with unique vin it does'nt feel as polished as the Shelby GT-500 imho. If I had to do it over again I would of picked the Roush over the Saleen. But to each there own...

Thanks for the info Jamie, (by the way I am a Jaime as well) I thought the Roush had a nicer fit and finish inside and out than the Saleen but the Saleen felt much faster (not surprising it has more hp) and handled better.

I am becoming a bit of an addict on this forum and the net in general doing research on the vairous mustang iterations available out there as I want to make sure I am really happy with whatever I go with in the end. Any other suggestions you may have or observations gratefully received.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived