TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT MAFIA Bar and grille!

07SHELBY GT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually I believe that should have been address to SL8SNK if he was the person that made the original remark about the Irish. SL8SNK, did you make the original remark and are you buying?

Someone say IRISH? Sorry I waas dddrrrinking durin the oter 6 pahges!!!! haha :hysterical2: JK I am only drinkin a guinness now.

Now then ! Your a man after my own heart.....were we seperated at birth? I celebrate my birthday on St. Pats Day, as its more important to be born Irish than to be born :hysterical2:

One thing I love to say whenever someone says something about drinking being a bad habit, I tell them I'm Irish so it's ok, I was born with a beer in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

Irish!!!! When was the last time you seen an IRISH car??? Come one, we know who controls what! :happy feet:

Well I can tell you-Italian's may do better with cars, but I can speak from experience we Irish know a hell of a lot more about bars!! :hysterical:

• 2 months later...

Okay guys and gals, our bar has been a little bit slow lately but today is St. Patrick's day and any good bar should have some business today.

First off I would like to address the notion of the mafia being Italian. Yes the "mafia" is in fact an Italian thing but the Irish are credited as being the first to establish "gangs" in the U.S.A. They are referred to as the Irish Mobs. The Italians and the "mafia" came many years later. I being a proud Irish American would just like to establish that fact. That being said lets get down to the business of a bar.

Regardless of your heritage lets post the items that your personal bar would stock. I'm talking about alcoholic beverages of course. Lets keep it simple, one well brand, and two call brands. Well brands being what would be served if someone just asked for a _____ & coke. Call brands being what would be served if someone asked for a specific liquor, like Jack Daniel's.

Since this is St. Patrick's day I will start off with Irish Whiskey. My well brand would be Jameson 8yr. My Call brands would be Black Bush and Midletons Rare.

Scotch,

Well: John Barr Gold

Call: Johnnie Walker Black and Laphroig 10yr.

Bourbon,

Well: Jim Beam 4yr

Call: Makers Mark and Woodford Reserve. Also Jack Daniel's Green because Tennessee whiskey and Bourbon are almost the same thing.

Tequila,

Well: Zappopin

Call: Fina Estampa Blanco and Corzo Silver

Rum,

Well: Conch Republic

Call: Cruzan Estate 5yr and Pritchards Gold

Gin,

Well: New Amsterdam

Call: Tanqueray and Bafferts

Vodka,

Well: Viking Fjord

Call: Trump and Vox

Canadian Whiskey,

Well: Canadian Mist

Call: Crown Royal and Canadian Club 12yr

Liqueurs,

There are too many to consider but I will list two of my favorites.

Bailey's caramel and Kubler Absinthe

Wine, lets go with several call brands on this one because there are too many price points to settle with just two.

Well: Crane Lake Vinyards, for white, red, and blush.

Call, Red: Marquis de Murietta, Opus One, Stags Leap SLV Cabernet Suavingon, Chateau Lafite, and Consentino The Zin.

Call, White: Cakebread Cellars Chardonnay, Conundrum, Columbia Winery Riesling, and Laxas Albarino.

Blush,

Call Blush: Menage au Trois Rose, Beringer White Zinfandel, and Barefoot White Zinfandel.

Champagne/Sparkling Wine,

Well: Korbel

Call: Bollinger NV, Moet Nectar Imperial, Louis Roerdre Brut NV, and Bollinger R.D.

These are my favorites and what I would choose to stock in a bar. Please post what you would consider to be your favorites and lets see what we get.

Archived