TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperSnake pics from SEMA

bossreg

yeah i knew about the 2.3L tvs on the 605hp version. i was just hoping that it would also be used on the 725hp version.

I myself actually prefer the TVS blower too. Although I won't be getting the SS package because I have a vista blue car and don't want flat black stripes, I do plan on getting the TVS blower among other things. LOL

yeah i knew about the 2.3L tvs on the 605hp version. i was just hoping that it would also be used on the 725hp version.

The 605 HP is TVS, yes, and the (over) 725 HP is KB, Correct, both are prototypes. So..you might see things on one or the other that are different. These vehicles are used for testing, so you could find different things on these protos from 'regular' Super Snakes (if there is such a thing!).

KB has a broader power band than the TVS, last I heard.

Also...for those who did not know, the 725HP SuperSnake has a new throttle body which adds significantly to the cost, in addition to the different blower (more expensive) and driveshaft, and the additional labor of adding that driveshaft. So, the cost differential is not that great, all things considered.

Hope this helps!

Chris

The 605 HP is TVS, yes, and the (over) 725 HP is KB, Correct, both are prototypes. So..you might see things on one or the other that are different. These vehicles are used for testing, so you could find different things on these protos from 'regular' Super Snakes (if there is such a thing!).

KB has a broader power band than the TVS, last I heard.

Also...for those who did not know, the 725HP SuperSnake has a new throttle body which adds significantly to the cost, in addition to the different blower (more expensive) and driveshaft, and the additional labor of adding that driveshaft. So, the cost differential is not that great, all things considered.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Chris,

Can you tell us which stage they are going with?

I'm assuming a stage 3 with a good tune on 91 octane fuel??

I'm guessing this due to the rear wheel HP of the stage 3 putting out about 650 RWHP with a 3 1/4 pully on 91 octane fuel.

Archived