TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kelly Blue Book Retail Price on 2007 GT500 w/11000 SMiles

165MPHGT500

KBB shows $59,735 as what they are selling for NEW!

If they are selling at $59,735 NEW then how can they be worth $62K - $64K USED????

Used are currently bringing anywhere from $42k - $55k depending on the area, car, etc.

Frankly, I can't understand why anyone would be willing to pay MSRP or higher for a used one when NEW can be found at $5k - $10k over.

I would rather pay $55k for new VS $50k for used!

KBB shows $59,735 as what they are selling for NEW!

If they are selling at $59,735 NEW then how can they be worth $62K - $64K USED????

Used are currently bringing anywhere from $42k - $55k depending on the area, car, etc.

Frankly, I can't understand why anyone would be willing to pay MSRP or higher for a used one when NEW can be found at $5k - $10k over.

I would rather pay $55k for new VS $50k for used!

Our Shelby's appreciate in value. Sheesh :banghead:

I guess it depends on your local market. In my area they still command a 10K ADM and they will get it within a couple of months of waiting. I can only guess that many folks stay within their markets to buy vehicles and the concept of flying out to buy a car or buying a car in a slower market and shipping it home is something they have no interest in.

Minus $20k for being heavily modified with a KB

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Perhaps - but I'm still coming out even and depending on the buyer it could be +20K....but it's not for sale anyway. Nice to see though I wouldn't think I'd be able to find a buy for that price outside of barrett-Jackson....For 20K if i was selling it i would put it all back to stock anyway :)

That certainly sounds realistic when you consider that the recent posts on this and other forums indicate buyers getting at or close to sticker at this point. Pretty tough to believe that a used 07 brings 60 large when a new 08 can be had in the 40s.

That may sound realistic, but the reality is that lots of used being sold are bringing what MSRP is plus some.

It doesn't make sense to me why someone would pay that when you can find new 08's around for $5k over. Perhaps it has to do with different areas and they can't find any $5k over deals. Dunno.

I see $66,442 for a new 07 GT500 vert and $65,275 for my 07 with 13k on it. KBB doesn't show a book value for a new 08 - I believe since there isn't enough info yet.

My guess on the 07 values is that we may be seeing the intro year - or first year effect. 07s may ultimately retain better value than 08s. Just like the 64 1/2 and so on...the first may not be the best, but it has a certain cache that goes with it by virtue of being the first. Just like we see the ADMs falling for the 08s - the perceived value of the 07s will always be higher.

Of course, I could be wrong.

I see $66,442 for a new 07 GT500 vert and $65,275 for my 07 with 13k on it. KBB doesn't show a book value for a new 08 - I believe since there isn't enough info yet.

My guess on the 07 values is that we may be seeing the intro year - or first year effect. 07s may ultimately retain better value than 08s. Just like the 64 1/2 and so on...the first may not be the best, but it has a certain cache that goes with it by virtue of being the first. Just like we see the ADMs falling for the 08s - the perceived value of the 07s will always be higher.

I agree. I think KBB is somewhat inflated but the 40th anniversary year mystique is probably in play here.

You are not wrong the 07s will hold their value better.

That may sound realistic, but the reality is that lots of used being sold are bringing what MSRP is plus some.

It doesn't make sense to me why someone would pay that when you can find new 08's around for $5k over. Perhaps it has to do with different areas and they can't find any $5k over deals. Dunno.

+1 They won't give you a private party value only a dealer selling price?? I used KBB for a long time when checking vehicles for my business and switched to Edmunds. Now that I am on a fleet account I don't have to bother with it, however I found Edmunds to be consumer friendly and KBB to be more dealer friendly.

I guess it depends on your local market. In my area they still command a 10K ADM and they will get it within a couple of months of waiting. I can only guess that many folks stay within their markets to buy vehicles and the concept of flying out to buy a car or buying a car in a slower market and shipping it home is something they have no interest in.

You should check out Fallon f**k y** Ford. They "never sell any vehicle above MSRP" until you're ready to sign the contract...right up the rear is what you'll get.

The Ford dealers in your area will be interested in your car regardless of mileage, color, or option level. Get a price from three or four of them, average those #s and add a few thousand. This will give you a ballpark idea of what the car is worth retail. Expect this # to be far less than 65 grand.

Along the same lines there are two of those Shelby Fender Strats (only 200 made) on Ebay listing for $2,500 already. I paid $1,000 for mine. Time is our friend with these cars. And you get to enjoy them as well.

The Ford dealers in your area will be interested in your car regardless of mileage, color, or option level. Get a price from three or four of them, average those #s and add a few thousand. This will give you a ballpark idea of what the car is worth retail. Expect this # to be far less than 65 grand.

What would be interesting is to take your GT500 to a dealer that has one in stock asking for the $20K ADM and act like you are wanting to trade your GT500 in on the new one they have sitting there with the $20K ADM on it.

I wonder what they would show you for trade allowance on that?

Better yet. Anyone remember any dealers saying the 07 would be more valuable because it is a 40th? Take your 07 to one of them that has an 08 sitting there and see what the trade difference is they show you!

They should be willing to trade you plus cut you a check! Or at least trade you even up! :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Very good spin, cute. I take it you agree with me.

Not really, because it would be all over the place as far as what each dealer will give you VS how much that dealer wants to make from it.

On any average vehicle you would be correct. But on this vehicle not every dealer would be looking to get just a few grand more. One may offer you a price based on the dealer trying to make $10K+ off it. One might be content with making just a few grand.

Find dealers with used on the lot and see what they are selling them for. Even that can be all over the place with pricing.

Look at the new ones. They range from MSRP to $25K+ over and everywhere inbetween.

Perhaps after the 09 is official or starts hitting lots then the pricing will level out where there is some consistency.

Sorry again - :lastyear: but the 07 will hold no more or less value than an 08 or 09 for that matter. It comes down to market and supply and demand. We have been over this 1000 times, if you are expecting long term value, ops! You already missed your mark. With 10K+ 07's built and 8K (supposed) 08's being built, they are already rarer! Now depending on how many 09..... get my point. The car is what it is, but in todays world, it is really just a car..... Drive it! Love it!... and stop worrying about if it will ever be worth anything more than what you paid for it, because bottom line, chance's are REAL good, that it won't! Sorry to burst that long term retirement plan!

Sorry again - :lastyear: but the 07 will hold no more or less value than an 08 or 09 for that matter. It comes down to market and supply and demand. We have been over this 1000 times, if you are expecting long term value, ops! You already missed your mark. With 10K+ 07's built and 8K (supposed) 08's being built, they are already rarer! Now depending on how many 09..... get my point. The car is what it is, but in todays world, it is really just a car..... Drive it! Love it!... and stop worrying about if it will ever be worth anything more than what you paid for it, because bottom line, chance's are REAL good, that it won't! Sorry to burst that long term retirement plan!

Come on Dan.

Alexandros obviously has the magic crystal ball that allows him to see 30 years in the future.

Why fight his superior knowledge.

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

You are not wrong the 07s will hold their value better.

Ok, good valid comments but I think your wrong, the more that are made the more valuable the 07's will be. Statistically the first year runs always go for more $$$. I know that this is not the first year for the Shelby but it is the first year from a comeback point of view.

You're obviously very young, own an 08 unfortunately and don't have a clue on how collectibility works with cars. I suggest you start by going down to Barrett-Jackson. We bought our cars to drive...I make my investments in the stock market...at the same time I can tell you how the car game works it is what it is and I'm very sorry you ended up with an 08.

Ok, good valid comments but I think your wrong, the more that are made the more valuable the 07's will be. Statistically the first year runs always go for more $$$. I know that this is not the first year for the Shelby but it is the first year from a comeback point of view.

Don't waste your time. The kid ended up with an 08 and he needs the comfort of knowing that he made a good decision...not!

Hey kid, did you know that the 08's are built by robots and were not hand made...maybe you have a rare robot built car. The 08's and 09's which they won't build (GT-350) are like buying a Mustang production GT in my opinion. You missed the opportunity, kid.

Archived