TEAM SHELBY FORUM

wrong valve covers sent

1badsho

I ordered from FRPP through brandon ford whos a FRPP dealer the blue powdered coated valve covers.

These are exactly the same valve covers that the GT super car gets. IMHO ... absolutly stunning on the car esp when you dont have a chrome blower.

I make special arraignments to get them 2 day UPS ground to get here on time and even sent a dealer trade driver to Brandon to get them here by Thursday so my tech can install them for me. Elite who gave me all the info on the install ( thanks Elite ) ... well just wasnt comfortable with it in the time frame I had to get them installed ( less than three days and I work all three days ).

Open the box up on Thursday ... and this is what I got ... the box has the correct part number but chrome valve covers were inside.

I was pissed but sh** happens .... so just got to wait until they ship the correct ones. I love the look so cant wait to get them on

post-7556-1193420354_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193420436_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193420354_thumb.jpg

post-7556-1193420436_thumb.jpg

Those Blue ones will look freaking sweet!

Hope your wait for the right ones isn't too long.

I am going to wait. Nothing like BLUE ! ... .... Also ... thinking of maybe .. just maybe since I have time now .. to order the GT cams and since the valve covers will be off to install them ... is the extra 20 hp worth it ?

Gotta to also see if the my tech is comfortable goint that far on this motor

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ??

With your stage 2 setup already I bet you might get more then 20hp.

Might want to find out if you need a different tune with those cams also.

Fred told me i have to be at a dyno to get the max out of them ... so ya I already know I would

just talked to EVO and if my baseline with stage II is 553 rwhp ... realistically i should see around 580 to 590 rwhp .... so I am going to ask my tech to see if he wants to do this or not ... I am running this through our shop and I dont know if our shop wants to put cams in this motor ... since its not a cheap motor .. some steps u just cant mess up

But i am seriously thinking about doing the cams at the same time I have the valve covers taken off

Archived