TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boost is back Baby . . .

165MPHGT500

The boost is back Baby . . . :yahoo: Yesterday the weather finally cooled a bit in south Texas. During the hot summer months, boost was limited to about 7 PSI max. Got out last night and was completely amazed at the difference 2 pounds makes (back to ~ 9 PSI).

I was out on the highway cruising when a crotch rocket came by me about 80 MPH. I too do not condone street racing. It can get out a hand in a hurry. However, traffic was light and road was straight with good visibility and the kid in me won over my normally well tempered resistance. :yup:

I downshift to third and took off after him. He eventually slowed and let me catch him. We both downshifted and went at it from an 80 MPH stomp. He jumped me on the start about four car lengths. I knew from the start I probably had no chance in winning. My Shelby held her own and did not lose any further ground. Traffic ended the fun at about 130 MPH. We cooled our heels and the kid on the bike slowed to see what had stayed with him through the run.

I was pleased with the way my car performed. Perhaps with a Stage 1 modification I could have pulled him a bit. My car is still bone stock. I don’t have the heart to change anything YET.

10,300 Smiles . . .

Drive safe, Drive fast . . . :speedie:

I drove mine yesterday in the cool and I could not keep from smiling the entire time. These cars love cold air. My only concern is now with the SLP loudmouths. I saw a cop with his a/c off and his window down so it is just a matter of time before I get pulled over. I hope the cop doesn't get mad as I just sit there with this big grin on my face. :D

The boost is back Baby . . . :yahoo: Yesterday the weather finally cooled a bit in south Texas. During the hot summer months, boost was limited to about 7 PSI max. Got out last night and was completely amazed at the difference 2 pounds makes (back to ~ 9 PSI).

I was out on the highway cruising when a crotch rocket came by me about 80 MPH. I too do not condone street racing. It can get out a hand in a hurry. However, traffic was light and road was straight with good visibility and the kid in me won over my normally well tempered resistance. :yup:

I downshift to third and took off after him. He eventually slowed and let me catch him. We both downshifted and went at it from an 80 MPH stomp. He jumped me on the start about four car lengths. I knew from the start I probably had no chance in winning. My Shelby held her own and did not lose any further ground. Traffic ended the fun at about 130 MPH. We cooled our heels and the kid on the bike slowed to see what had stayed with him through the run.

I was pleased with the way my car performed. Perhaps with a Stage 1 modification I could have pulled him a bit. My car is still bone stock. I don’t have the heart to change anything YET.

10,300 Smiles . . .

Drive safe, Drive fast . . . :speedie:

The stage one will make your car feel like it did yesterday in our hot summers. With the cool front it will feel like stage 2. Anyway, stage one is something you can go back to stock with in just minutes.

In North Texas it's been very cool lately, Got to love that boost :shift: Have not had the car long it was in the upper 90's when I drove off the lot. I can truly tell the difference with the performance in the cool weather. I was getting 9 lbs with temps in the 90's, but the performance clearly wasn't there. Had a little match-up with an older cobra, I think he was a little surprised when I pulled away.

I had my car out this morning (it's a lovely cool day, no rain, in Tulsa), and as I'm taking my 2 daughters to school I'm sitting at a stop light, and I'm first in line. There's an open empty lane beside me. At green, I start off at a normal pace, nothing fancy, and as I'm halfway through the intersection (at about 10 MPH by that point), zipping beside me is a Subaru Butt Ugly Racer with the huge rear wing and all that junk. The light had turned green before he got there in the adjacent lane, so he was going about 30MPH or so, while I was going 10 MPH and talking to my girls about school.

As he comes even with me, I can see that he stomps on it like this is a race or something. I say to myself, "Let's go dude!", and I step on it. Due to my slow reaction, he's now about 2 car lengths ahead of me and rolling at 20 MPH faster than me for our "race". But by 3 gear I had him gobbled up and he conveniently had to turn left. That'll teach him to take on 500+ HP cars with that ugly ricer!

However, I'm sure that in his mind he "smoked me off the line" and hung close until he had to turn!

Archived