TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Close call on Monday

colt

Well I final got to sit down in front of my computer. It was close one to my house. I was Ok all day then about 6Pm I got a loud knock in my front door. It was a sheriff and she said that i have to leave now. I first took my SUV first and come back for my Shelby. Luckly I was ready to go. She covered with ash. Major house/yard cleaning and car wash this weekend. Here are some pics. I will upload video later.

DSC00099_1.jpg

DSC00110_1.jpg

DSC00103_1.jpg

DSC00118_1.jpg

DSC00124_1.jpg

DSC00099_1.jpg

DSC00110_1.jpg

DSC00103_1.jpg

DSC00118_1.jpg

DSC00124_1.jpg

You see this on tv but this really makes it personal ... WOW ..... I mean we all knew it was really really bad .... I hope you all get a ton of rain and more importantly that you have a house to come back too

It was cleared for the fires. They just finished maybe a week ago. I live next to Whiting Ranch Wilderness so no more houses development. I hope we don't get mudslide.

I was very lucky to talk about it. Firemen did an excellent job saving houses in my street. We are still get ash falling in our house and you can't go outside for long time because of the air is covering with smoke. Wait until I unload the video tonight to see how powerfull it is. By the way I took the SUV because family come first. I was able to go back to get my Shelby.

Here is the status:

Santiago fire (Orange County)

Update: Noon Wednesday

East of Irvine, near Silverado Canyon

Acres burned: 19,200 acres

Evacuations: Mandatory evacuations for Modjeska Canyon, both sides of Modjeska Grade Road and Modjeska Canyon Road as well as Williams, Silverado, Baker, Ladd and Black Star and Trabuco canyons. Immediate threat to 238 homes in Modjeska Canyon, 23 homes in Williams Canyon and 2,000 homes in Silverado Canyon. As many as 3,000 people evacuated.

Damage: At least nine homes destroyed (including Geodesic Dome House); one home in Hicks Canyon destroyed; one mobile home along Santiago Canyon Road. Twelve outbuildings damaged and eight destroyed.

Injuries: Four firefighters with minor injuries

Resources: 600 firefighters, 100 engines/trucks, two helicopters, four air tankers, two handcrews, two dozers, two water tenders,

Containment: 50 percent

Direction: East and southeast into the foothills and canyons off Santiago Canyon Road, toward Cleveland National Forest.

Start time: 6 p.m. Sunday

Point of origin: Originated at Santiago Canyon and Silverado Canyon

Cause: Arson suspected

Here is a great link to get updated fire status:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...mp;source=embed

Well I final got to sit down in front of my computer. It was close one to my house. I was Ok all day then about 6Pm I got a loud knock in my front door. It was a sheriff and she said that i have to leave now. I first took my SUV first and come back for my Shelby. Luckly I was ready to go. She covered with ash. Major house/yard cleaning and car wash this weekend. Here are some pics. I will upload video later.

Hey Colt,

Where are you in FHR? I live in Trabuco Canyon - right above Cooks Corner. Went home at lunch to check on our pets - fire still burning back there. Had a voluntary evcuation at our place on Monday evening - but only a block up the street it was mandatory.

Here is a picture I took from my phone on the way home at lunch

post-9755-1193271245_thumb.jpg

Hey Colt,

Where are you in FHR? I live in Trabuco Canyon - right above Cooks Corner. Went home at lunch to check on our pets - fire still burning back there. Had a voluntary evcuation at our place on Monday evening - but only a block up the street it was mandatory.

Here is a picture I took from my phone on the way home at lunch

Yes, I'm in FHR. I had the same mandatory evac on Monday evening. I hope this get better. Hey, next time we doing some cruz you should come. I noticed you work for Stillen. So what you guys have for Shelby GT500.

Yes, I'm in FHR. I had the same mandatory evac on Monday evening. I hope this get better. Hey, next time we doing some cruz you should come. I noticed you work for Stillen. So what you guys have for Shelby GT500.

Hey there,

Hope it gets better REAL soon. Besides the fire the thing thats most annoying is the rubber-neckers. People driving along just stop in the middle of the road to gawk at the fire. Ticks me off. They need to go watch it on TV and leave the roads open for residents or fire crews.

Anyway, I go to Cars & Coffee ALMOST every Saturday morning (near Alton and Irvine Center - in the Ford PAG building parking lot). Will probably be there this Saturday with the orange Mustang on my Avatar. Am going to enter it in the OCMC car show at Theo Robbins on Sunday morning.

Will shoot you a PM with my contact info. We have a far amount of equipment for the GT500.

Page

Hey there,

Hope it gets better REAL soon. Besides the fire the thing thats most annoying is the rubber-neckers. People driving along just stop in the middle of the road to gawk at the fire. Ticks me off. They need to go watch it on TV and leave the roads open for residents or fire crews.

Anyway, I go to Cars & Coffee ALMOST every Saturday morning (near Alton and Irvine Center - in the Ford PAG building parking lot). Will probably be there this Saturday with the orange Mustang on my Avatar. Am going to enter it in the OCMC car show at Theo Robbins on Sunday morning.

Will shoot you a PM with my contact info. We have a far amount of equipment for the GT500.

Page

+10, on those rubber-neckers. Ok next time I make my way down to cars & Coffee I will look you up.

You saw the pics now the video of the fire. The heat was so strong that I could feel it.

My kids Mom lives 12 doors up the street from me on the other side of the street. One of my daughters took this pic from inside the house - last night I think it was.

Fire is still burning this morning, but there is so much smoke in the air you cant see anything. It was worse than fog driving to work this morning.

Will sure be glad when this is all over. Hope they catch the jerk that started this.

Page

post-9755-1193324117_thumb.jpg

post-9755-1193324117_thumb.jpg

My kids Mom lives 12 doors up the street from me on the other side of the street. One of my daughters took this pic from inside the house - last night I think it was.

Fire is still burning this morning, but there is so much smoke in the air you cant see anything. It was worse than fog driving to work this morning.

Will sure be glad when this is all over. Hope they catch the jerk that started this.

Page

I will put the jerk in the middle of the fire to see what it is like to be upclose :censored: .

You guys are near the one with the 70k reward for info that will lead to an arrest? Man I hope they light a fire to his a%% literally. Its one thing if its a natural disaster, quite another if it was sent intentially.

Roger

Page

You guys are near the one with the 70k reward for info that will lead to an arrest? Man I hope they light a fire to his a%% literally. Its one thing if its a natural disaster, quite another if it was sent intentially.

Roger

Well, its no longer $70k - looks like the reward has been upped to $120k

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=...&id=5719542

Page

Archived