TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Smoked GT 500 Lights

Alexandros

OK. I tried to be a well-behaved newbie here and search for an existing thread on 'smoked tailight covers' instead of being lazy and starting a new thread. For $50 on americanmuscle.com I purchased these 2 smoked tailight covers. I originally bought them for my GT but that was traded away for my GT500. Fortunately, the tailight covers fit either model. See the photos below. I installed only one of them for comparative purposes (when the trunk is closed the tailight cover does not require the 3m adhesive to be in place).

I prefer the smoked tailight look - especially on the Grabber Orange color such as mine, which does not mix well with the red tailights in my opinion.

Thoughts on how it looks?

Will I be inviting the cops?

I like the smoked look on Graber Orange

But I don't like the GTO logo on them.

Are they available without the logo?

Alan

I also have the tail light covers, and I agree with Alexandros that they are too dark. You might get a little extra attention from the cops, but it depends on the local laws. I got them because I haven't found smoked replacements yet that I like. The LED/euro ones are not for me. Just something temporary until someone makes ones I like.

And the logo is just a sticker...I ended up taking mine off.

Your lights look sweet Alexandros. They did a good job.

IMG_7644.jpg

I like the smoked look on Graber Orange

But I don't like the GTO logo on them.

Are they available without the logo?

Alan

Alan,

I agree - I like the smoked look on the Grabber Orange also. Can't quite explain why.

And yes, the GTO logo's can be easily scratched off, thankfully. I agree that not doing so makes them look too much like an aftermarket product.

Jeff

p.s. And thank you for the 'welcome' Alexandros - it's a pleasure to be here... and I agree that your lights look great!!

Here are the pics. Please let me know what you think.Thank you.

DSC02491.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

DSC02510.jpg

DSC02511.jpg

DSC02494.jpg

I missed this thread when it first showed up. Your smoked lights really do look great! This is a bit expensive, but very well done.

I also have the tail light covers, and I agree with Alexandros that they are too dark. You might get a little extra attention from the cops, but it depends on the local laws. I got them because I haven't found smoked replacements yet that I like. The LED/euro ones are not for me. Just something temporary until someone makes ones I like.

And the logo is just a sticker...I ended up taking mine off.

Your lights look sweet Alexandros. They did a good job.

IMG_7644.jpg

Thanks and your car looks good too, enjoy and be safe....

Looks great. You need to get Sequential lights if you dont have them yet! I've seen on a SS. Thats the icing.

Miguel

I will be doing the SS, so I'll get the sequential lights. Patience is the key with these cars if you have something done to them... Thanks and take care...

Here is a photo of both smoked tailights installed (actually they snap into place pretty easily without the 3m tape). I like this look!! Once again, these cost $45 or so for both and I removed the aftermarket logo on the front of the tailights. They come off easily.

gt500_32.jpg

Can I ask if you installed the film yourself and was the headlights removed for install? I just ordered them after seeing your cool a$$ pics. Thanks!!!!!

I was at the dealer getting the shelby gauge pod installed and his window tint man showed up. He put them on fairly quickly. Front and rear.

Did not remove the lights, just lifted the hood. He did NOT charge me anything. A good man that enjoyed looking over my vehicle.

I think it took him 20 minutes total.

Michael

I was at the dealer getting the shelby gauge pod installed and his window tint man showed up. He put them on fairly quickly. Front and rear.

Did not remove the lights, just lifted the hood. He did NOT charge me anything. A good man that enjoyed looking over my vehicle.

I think it took him 20 minutes total.

Michael

Nice and enjoy....

They are tinted. The rear is from stangmods.com and the front are from xpel.com.

I replaced the complete front turn signal housing from blueovalindustries.com (don't forget the new amber bulbs).

Michael

I really like the look. I'll order the same but need to know....

Why did you replace the turn siganl housing ?

Thanks

Bob

I really like the look. I'll order the same but need to know....

Why did you replace the turn siganl housing ?

Thanks

Bob

The turn signal houseing is black with a clear lense. It was $59 plus the cost of the bulbs. Replaced them when the car was on the lift at the dealership.

Michael

Well damn. I want smoked headlights, but don't really want to sacrifice losing the nice bright blue light from the HID's.

If you want a nice light and want them to last you have to use quality paint and and clear for protection. To each his own....All look good

Archived