TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First Show This Weekend

JRGT500

Did my first indoor car show with the GT500 this past weekend. There aren't very many of these cars in SW British Columbia, so it attracted lots of attention. The show was judged and the car won second place in Special Interest Musclecar. I could have entered Best Ford Musclecar, but I'm not big on brand new cars winning awards over others that have years of a guy's life and soul.

JR

post-8204-1193158852_thumb.jpg

post-8204-1193158852_thumb.jpg

Turtle Wax ICE car wash and Meguiares Tech Wax before heading to the show and Meguaires Detailer after arrival. Very happy with the results.

JR

That's pretty much what I do - I use Meguires gold wash and wax with the ice polish so I can get on plastic with no residue and in the engine bay....same detailer.

Nothing better than a clean black car....nothing worse than a dirty one.

Looks good, what lowering springs do you have and how much drop F/R ??

H&R SS springs. The actual drop achieved was 1.4 inches front and 1.8 rear. I still have 5 inches below the front splitter. Haven't had any clearance problems to date, but constant awareness is required. Ride is stiffer than stock, but not objectionable. Overall handling is improved.

JR

That's pretty much what I do - I use Meguires gold wash and wax with the ice polish so I can get on plastic with no residue and in the engine bay....same detailer.

Nothing better than a clean black car....nothing worse than a dirty one.

The biggest problem I had at the show was dust. The building didn't appear to be dusty, but the car had to be dusted about every 2 hours. I've had several black cars before, but none of them attracted dust like this one. All that waxing and polishing must have set up a static charge.

JR

Archived