TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HD RADIO

BLOWN

I have been talking to my dealer who we have ordered a new 08 grabber orange convert gt about the HD radio and they have not heard of it. Byron was saying that the SHAKER 500 will be the HD radio. Whats up with that. I will be getting the shacker 500 will it be the HD radio? If I get the HD will I not get the 500. I have the 500 what do I need to make it the HD radio. Thanks JimL :banghead:

I have been talking to my dealer who we have ordered a new 08 grabber orange convert gt about the HD radio and they have not heard of it. Byron was saying that the SHAKER 500 will be the HD radio. Whats up with that. I will be getting the shacker 500 will it be the HD radio? If I get the HD will I not get the 500. I have the 500 what do I need to make it the HD radio. Thanks JimL :banghead:

Byron does not know what he is talking about.

The HD Radio is a dealer installed accessory.

There are two choices:

HD radio - (Part Number) A7FCS-HDRADIO-A $279

HD radio w/iPod connectivity (Part Number) A7FCS-HDRADIO-B $299

HD Radio is a Ford Licensed Accessory Effective October 1

HD RADIO IS A FORD LICENSED ACCESSORY

HD Radio, which offers improved reception and more customer choices, is available October 1st as a dealer-installed accessory on most Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles.

PRODUCT FEATURES

Digital quality sound:

AM sounds like FM

FM sounds CD-like

Added stations on the FM band; "stations-between-the-stations" that offer new programming

Standard and iPod connectivity versions available

Fully integrated into vehicle electrical systems:

Added modules hidden from customer view

HD channels/feature content displayed on the radio head display

Customer operates HD from the existing radio face or steering wheel radio controls

iPod programs can also be controlled from the radio or steering wheel controls

Compatible with all current radio models, Sirius satellite radio and Sync

No monthly subscription fees

Here is a link to the site where you can get all the info on this

LINKY TO SITE

Thanks shelbydude. So the HD is a accessory to the shacker 500 right. Thanks

Yes. It is an accessory to all the factory radios that come on the mustang. Regular radio, shaker 500 and shaker 1000

It just a device that allows you to get digital radio to your factory radio.

There is a link on that site that lets you chyeck your area to see what stations have HD radio. Our town only has two stations which neither of that I listen to.

So check your city to see if it is even worth it or not.

It basically gives your radio stations that have HD radio the reception that sounds as good as having a CD playing.

It is just an after market add on accessory to your stock radio

SHELBYDUDE THE NEAREST STATION IS TO THE WEST 80 MILES AND TO THE SOUTH 150 MILES. I live in washington state. I live in kennewick washington and to the west is Yakima washington and to the south is spokane washington. Would it be a good Idea to get it anyway for later when we do get some stations around here.Would it be better to have it installed at the factory or waiting and then have to have the dealer install it. Thanks DUDE you are the MAN.

SHELBYDUDE THE NEAREST STATION IS TO THE WEST 80 MILES AND TO THE SOUTH 150 MILES. I live in washington state. I live in kennewick washington and to the west is Yakima washington and to the south is spokane washington. Would it be a good Idea to get it anyway for later when we do get some stations around here.Would it be better to have it installed at the factory or waiting and then have to have the dealer install it. Thanks DUDE you are the MAN.

It is not a factory installed option. It can only be installed after it gets to the dealer. The dealer has to install it. So you can get it anytime.

It is not a factory installed option. It can only be installed after it gets to the dealer. The dealer has to install it. So you can get it anytime.

is it worth the $$$?

is it worth the $$$?

I have no idea.

If it does what it says it does and you have stations in your area you listen to then I would say it is worth it.

Listen to a FM radio station and then pop in a CD and listen to the difference in sound quality. That is what this is suppose to do. Make FM stations sound like CD quality.

I have not heard one so I do not know how well it works. There are only two stations in my town that get it. One AM station and one FM country station which I don't listen to either of those. So at this point it is not worth it to me. Larger cities have a lot more stations.

So far, we haven't had any customers request HD radio. Our dealership is near Seattle and we have several HD radio stations. Most customers are more concerned with other technologies around here, such as bluetooth and iPod connectivity (we sold our first 08 Focus SES the other day with Sync and that was a big selling point).

Better than HD, IMHO, is Sirius satellite radio which has a lot of commercial free music genre choices. Sure, it costs a few bucks per month (after the Ford free 6 month subscription ends) while HD has no monthly fee, but it offers way more selections. And, did I mention that it's commercial free?

luckily, lots of hd stations coming online in the kc area. Also, the price is great. That is about what they used to charge for just the ipod interface for the shaker 500. From my perspective, I'm getting my ipod interface (charges the ipod, and you can control thru the radio controls) and the hd part is free. :happy feet:

Archived