TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How big in tire can you go on an 8.5" wheel

Hey guys,

Anyone know what is the fattest, but safe, size of tire you can go on an 8.5" wheel? Of course, it would be for the rear setup. The car right now has a 255 setup but we want the rear to have a larger size and the setup looks like it can fit a larger setup. Let me know

Alex

The stock rim is 8.5" wide. The tire width I'm talking about is 285. In other words, a 285 fits fine on an 8.5" wide rim.

Ok,

I wasnt sure if you meant a stock wheel of a Shelby or a GT. Do you know if any wheel shop would do it or would it have to be a custom one?

Ok,

I wasnt sure if you meant a stock wheel of a Shelby or a GT. Do you know if any wheel shop would do it or would it have to be a custom one?

Huh?

The stock Mustang GT 18" wheel is 8.5" wide. As far as "Do you know if any wheel shop would do it or would it have to be a custom one?" A custom what? I don't understand your question.

The cars that have run this combo are either Shelby GTs or Regular Mustang GTs. Both come with the same 18" wheel.

Huh?

The stock Mustang GT 18" wheel is 8.5" wide. As far as "Do you know if any wheel shop would do it or would it have to be a custom one?" A custom what? I don't understand your question.

The cars that have run this combo are either Shelby GTs or Regular Mustang GTs. Both come with the same 18" wheel.

What I was asking is what kind of wheel/tire shop would install it because we have the 8.5 already and want to put the 275 possibly 285 tire on it. Big O and Americas Tire already said they would not install and allign them because of possible rubbing. We have an aftermarket wheel that are 20x8.5. I hope the offset wont prevent it. It is +13mm / +38mm Low/High offsets

Archived