TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM

Mustang5

I drove mine on Saturday for the first time in 3 weeks. I was listening for a tick but instead heard a knock from the rear. Almost like something was moving back and forth in the trunk. Hopefully I will track it down this weekend. I am hoping it is the exhaust pipe or something easy.

It's not your trunk monkey is it? After three weeks in the trunk, he can't be very happy.

post-2517-1193091130_thumb.jpg

post-2517-1193091130_thumb.jpg

I drove mine on Saturday for the first time in 3 weeks. I was listening for a tick but instead heard a knock from the rear. Almost like something was moving back and forth in the trunk. Hopefully I will track it down this weekend. I am hoping it is the exhaust pipe or something easy.

Just curious if you have done any suspension or differential mods?

Thxs

RPretzel and Blane9067, thanks for the reply. First of all, the trunk monkey would have died since I have not put any bannana's in there recently. I have done no mods on the car at all. Hopefully it is not because I don't drive it much. This weekend I am going to figure it out. I did see on the threads a couple of months ago some guys complaining about the exhause pipe making noise. Hopefully that is what it is.

I'm glad to hear that most of you do not have the dreaded tick. So far I have counted about 6 of us that have the same problem. I am convinced that the sound we are hearing is do to a marginal valve lash adjuster. The sound is not normal and I am going to request that Ford replace my right side valve lash adjusters for a second time. Speaking from experience, if any of you decide to take the same route, have Ford replace the valve lash adjusters only on the bad side. You know the old saying if it's not broke don't fix it. I hope a few more of us will weigh in on the status of your engine: ticks or no tick.

Thanks to all of you that have responded. As you might guess this whole experience has pretty much hampered the fun I anticipated having with the car. I hope funner days are ahead.

Rob

I have a small baggie with lug nuts in it, because of the locking nuts on the wheels. Maybe it's scooting around.

Just curious if you have done any suspension or differential mods?

Thxs

Hi Blayne, the car is 100% stock. I have been afraid to do any thing because of the warranty issues. I don't want to give Ford any excuses not to fix my car.

Rob

My 08 has about 600 mi on it. I have listened carefully on start up and after driving and no noise. I can only here the slight ticking from the injectors which is normal. Use a piece of rubber hose and put one end to your ear and move it around until you can isolate the noise to tell for sure where it is coming from. JJ

Archived