TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Will You Drive Your Shelby?

RUFDRAFT

Driving Habits  

76 members have voted

1. 1. How Often Will Your Shelby See the Street?

• Garage Queen - only for shows
    • A Weekend Driver Only
    • Some Sunny Days Mid-Week
    • Daily Driver - only weather permitting
    • Daily Driver - no matter what!

Here we go!

I think this Mustang may see more garage time than previous ponys in recent years.

I'm driving mine every day - I have no choice!

Opinions on this are going to be varied. Some want to preserve the car - while others feel like it needs to be driven. And driven like its been designed to be driven - with gusto!

(My PSDS is worsening...) :happy feet:

Here we go!

I think this Mustang may see more garage time than previous ponys in recent years.

I'm driving mine every day - I have no choice!

Opinions on this are going to be varied. Some want to preserve the car - while others feel like it needs to be driven. And driven like its been designed to be driven - with gusto!

(My PSDS is worsening...) :happy feet:

Professor Poll-meister!

i voted sunny days....

i will drive as often as i can, but i don't want my baby getting wet too often....

fortunately the weather is great here in denver and we get alot of sunny days.

Looking for my pics of the 97 in the snow(felt like charging the city for snow removal :hysterical: ) when I'm in town and feel the need, everyday. :shift: I have two other units at my disposal, but driving these cars all year round proves a point to all the braindead commuters in my area. I have some recommendations on snow tires for anybody who PM's. And if your wondering two weeks ago the car won peoples choice at a show and shine with about 70 cars. So honor the people who fought so hard to get these cars through the process at Ford, and DRIVE IT!!!!!! :victory:

I won't drive it everyday, that duty belongs to the F150. However, when I do drive it will certainly be driven hard preferebly at the track

:party: Are we related?? My daily driver is an F150 too.

Just a toy for me, weekends, and the occasional sunny work day during the week or summer car shows get togethers.

Castle Hayne??

Man - we need to connect!

I live up here in Washington - about 2 hours north of Wilmington.

I went to school at UNCW - graduated in '97 & '99.

Have a steak at the Front Street Brewery for me!

Bryan :shift:

The companys E350 gets all the miles. The Shelby will see very few miles on it. The weekends are spent on my GP 1200R Waverunner . I bought a Typhoon 10 years ago and have only put 1500 miles on it. I try to get out to the week day cruise nites with the 02 bird. Plan on taking the Shelby as long as they take newer cars. A lot of them have age of car restictions.

A bit off topic...

When I was in college, in Wilmington NC, back in the '90s, I washed windows with a guy for some cash money.

We got to a house one day, and my buddy says, "this is the house of Craig Tallberg (the then owner of the Chevy store in Wilmington - now it's Jeff Gordon Chevy).

So we go in, he's not home, and my buddy and I head for the garage!

In it, was a new (then BMW Z4) Bimmer, two Harley's and a 1964 Vette Vert (red).

The keys were in the ignition (!). The top was down.

I looked at the odometer - it had 64 miles on it. I almost passed out! :happy feet:

I wonder where it is now...

1964 Vette Vert (red).

The keys were in the ignition (!). The top was down.

I looked at the odometer - it had 64 miles on it. I almost passed out! :happy feet:

I wonder where it is now...

We can only hope that it is somewhere on Route 66 with Todd and Buzz.....I mean Buzz

Well - for our brothers and sisters Up North - fear not.

Those of us "down here" will provide you with as many vicarious driving experiences as we can during the winters!

I spent 25 years in CT - so I can relate to suffering through the ice age.

I won't need to drive it everyday, but I have a feeling I won't be able to leave it at home. No snow driving but I don't think a little Oregon liquid sunshine will hurt it. I'm just wondering if everybody at my office will figure out why I have a permagrin. :bandance: I can't wait.

I'll drive it on nice days, both weekdays and weekends. As far as how I plan on driving it, I won't abuse it, but I plan on having some fun and going fast when I can safely do so. That's why I must invest in the Beltronics RX65 radar detector! :shift:

• 9 months later...

When I bought my 68 GT500 back in '74 from the original owner, he told me only a 427 Vette would beat it. I never got the chance, but used to smoke GTO's down on 1st Street, in San Jose. Now as a 54 y.o. New Englander, I'll be babying my '08 GT500 a lot more.

:party: Are we related?? My daily driver is an F150 too.

Just a toy for me, weekends, and the occasional sunny work day during the week or summer car shows get togethers.

My daily driver is an F150 also. GT500 is just for the weekends and family time.

HSURB

Archived