TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 mustang shelby gt v.s. 2008 shelby gt500?

mustang04

The fact is that Pie is better than Cake. Cake is the enemy he speaks of. Cake just wants to be Pie but just cannot cut it. Pie will demolish Cake in any given situation. Pie can be eaten on its own or as a dessert or even as your one and only meal. Cake is well....just Cake. To any Cake lover's out there....just stop, eat Pie because I said so and Pie is better.

:hysterical:

You forgot to mention, that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

With Pie, you can! :P

:hysterical2:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay everyone, this is ridiculous. Nearly 1200 viewers, 4 pages and 60 posts later and everyone’s still bickering over who's Shelby is best?

THEY’RE ALL SHELBY’S!

ENOUGH SAID!

It’s time to move on and get back to talking about more friendly enjoyable items and issues. If I were moderator, I’d just display a picture of a smoking hot piece of peach pie and close this topic down.

And don't forget the new 08 Barret-Jackson Shelby GT, black w/red stripes, with special badging, 100 units to be built.

The only thing I don't understand on the GT500 build is why Ford SVT and Shelby didn't sequentially number the cars. I know SVT has a different way of numbering them. It just seems it would have been easier to number the cars as they came off the line. When Ford built the Shelbys in 68, 69 and 70, didn't they sequentially number them?

Dave

One reason is that not only GT500s go down the line...it also carries all varieties of Mustangs as well as Mazda 6 cars. I'm sure there are other reasons as well. I must admit, however, that it's odd that some cars produced LATER in the year have much 'earlier' serial numbers from what we've seen here on the site. I don't have specific examples...but I think Eric would (Y2Z....I can never remember all the letters in his name :hysterical: ).

Dave

OK, I have a question on a related topic which I find confusing about Ford's marketing scheme. Of all the Shelby's being produced now, only the GT500 is an "SVT" car. Why is that?

OK, I have a question on a related topic which I find confusing about Ford's marketing scheme. Of all the Shelby's being produced now, only the GT500 is an "SVT" car. Why is that?

Can I add a question?Good.I thought Ford dropped the whole SVT,Read it earlier this year.Anybody.

I think it is because SVT pretty much developed the GT500 (with Mr. Shelby's input of course) whereas the SGT starts off as a Mustang GT and gets the add on stuff at SAI, not touched by SVT or designed at all by SVT. I could be wrong, but bottom line I think that is it in a nut shell. And as for the next question, yes SVT is still alive and kicking. There was some rumor or shutting it down after the Cobra run, but obviously they found a new need for SVT with the GT500 project.

Because SVT is the design team in conjunction with everyone else involved with the car and the motor is hand built by SVT.

Ford Performance Group, Ford Special Vehicle Team, Ford Racing, Carroll Shelby and Ford Motor Company were all involved with the designing and production of this car.

Just curious.

I wonder how people's opinion of the benenfit or no benefit of having the cars finished at the Shelby factory change, if the GT500 was completed in Las Vegas and the SGT done all at Ford.

Would the SGT be labeled a "Wanna Be" since it never saw the inside of the Shelby factory and claimed that it is little more than a "..GT with stickers?"

Just wondering..... :dreamy::dreamy:

Just curious.

I wonder how people's opinion of the benenfit or no benefit of having the cars finished at the Shelby factory change, if the GT500 was completed in Las Vegas and the SGT done all at Ford.

Would the SGT be labeled a "Wanna Be" since it never saw the inside of the Shelby factory and claimed that it is little more than a "..GT with stickers?"

Just wondering..... :dreamy::dreamy:

It doesn't matter what people's OPINIONS are.

These cars are what they are and they are all Shelbys.

Where they were built or at what plant did what to them makes no difference what so ever.

Anyone that wants to make themselves feel better by thinking any different then so beit. It does not change the fact they are what they are.

Where they were built or at what plant did what to them makes no difference what so ever.

Anyone that wants to make themselves feel better by thinking any different then so beit. It does not change the fact they are what they are.

+1 Bottom line these are cars! Nothing more, not an investment, not a retirement plan, just a car! My take it, regardless of if you have a SGT or a GT-H or a GT500, an 07 - 08- or 09, they all share this- They are Ford Mustangs, touched in some way (physically or via engineering and/or designed) by Shelby! Nothing more, nothing less, just a real cool set of cars. People need to stop trying to create a buzz about which car is cooler, worth more now or later, faster, or whatever. It comes down to being a Shelby in some way! It comes down to what YOU like, and what YOU can afford, and nothing more! They are all cool. To many guys here hang their hats on the dream that these cars will have some magical value in 20-30 years.... come on, at some point you will all realize the value of these cars is in the owners of today and tomorrow. They could be worth more or less, but no monetary value will replace the value of ownership and memories! End of story and my .02

I will no longer, well not that I ever did, contribute or post to any thread that seeks to compare or contrast these cars beyond answering specific FACTUAL questions. For example, "what is the HP rating". I will not get into questions of opinion or bias. There is nothing I could say that hasn't been said and al this only fans more flames and well... rinse and repeat. I hope more people will do the same. While it's great to see people say that the cars are different, serving different needs, and BOTH Shelby's, it seems to take us a bunch of posts and tempers flaring, to get us there. I think those of us that are regulars (old forum/new) should just ignore these and them die quickly.

IMHO!

-Jeff :dreamy:

+1

I will no longer, well not that I ever did, contribute or post to any thread that seeks to compare or contrast these cars beyond answering specific FACTUAL questions. For example, "what is the HP rating". I will not get into questions of opinion or bias. There is nothing I could say that hasn't been said and al this only fans more flames and well... rinse and repeat. I hope more people will do the same. While it's great to see people say that the cars are different, serving different needs, and BOTH Shelby's, it seems to take us a bunch of posts and tempers flaring, to get us there. I think those of us that are regulars (old forum/new) should just ignore these and them die quickly.

IMHO!

-Jeff :dreamy:

+1

If it's going to be a daily driver, I also suggest you try out the clutch feel in each - my understanding is that the 500 is much more stiff than the SGT...

You know I drove both back to back last month and didn't really notice. :shrug:

If it's going to be a daily driver, I also suggest you try out the clutch feel in each - my understanding is that the 500 is much more stiff than the SGT...

The clutch is a LOT stiffer.

After driving the GT500 everyday, any other car I get into with a clutch feels like pushing air! It seems like nothing is there at all after driving the GT500.

The clutch in the SGT is the same clutch in the GT Mustang.

When the GT Mustang came out it was a FAST car with 300 HP. It is a fast car. But after driving the GT500 all summer and then after taking a GT Mustang for a spin, it was like, what happened? Where did the power go this car has???

I can tell you first hand that the difference between driving the GT500 and a GT MUstang is NIGHT AND DAY!

I have not driven the SGT other than through the parking lot after it was unloaded from the truck and drove it to the service department. So I have not driven one on the road to give an opinion. I have no doubt it feels better than the regular GT Mustang since it has more power and much better handling with the mods that were done to it. But the clutch in it I can say feels like pushing on air compared to the GT500 clutch. But I really like the feel of the clutch in the GT500 after driving it all summer.

Archived