TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Let's get something started...

mach4mark

Just to get the ball rolling, allow me, gentle reader, to begin the "rumor mill" :blink:

I went to an "current" SVT dealer today, and was told that there are NO SVT Dealers for 2005 since there are NO SVT products for 2005. Therefore, the allocation for the 07' Shelby will be ONE per dealership who meet the "new" SVT requirements of new tools and training. The remaining Shelby's will be doled out as Ford see's fit. It was already "hinted" that the pricing would follow the example of the GT (over MSRP) to defray the cost to the dealer for the new SVT training.

Anyone else heard this, or a variation of it? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kid on another site posted up very bad cell shots of a prototype, Blue w/ white strips and a teasingly bad underhood shot. It showed a strut tower brace between the towers and a very different blower than the show car. I am attempting to use some photocorrection software to clean it up, but it has very little data so...?

• 2 weeks later...
Kid on another site posted up very bad cell shots of a prototype, Blue w/ white strips and a teasingly bad underhood shot.  It showed a strut tower brace between the towers and a very different blower than the show car. I am attempting to use some photocorrection software to clean it up, but it has very little data so...?

61[/snapback]

The production car does have a different blower than the Show Car. The show car has a Whipple twin Screw and the production car will have a single screw Eaton. I believe it's a R122. The 03/04 Cobras have a 112 Eaton. Ford has made this car much harder to mod that the 03/04 Cobras. The blower uses the rear belt on the motor to dive it, not the front belt like the 03/04 cars. It also has very little clearance to swap the top pulley. The bottom pulley can't be swapped for a larger pulley either! There is only 10mm clearance.

Tim

• 1 month later...

Archived