TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40th Suspension and driving

Hey guys,

I should be getting my 40th next month. I am looking at getting a stage 2 Evo as well. The question I have is about te 40th suspension. Does it solve the wheel hop and other handling characteristics we dislike of the stock suspension. If not, what else does it need. I am trying to decide where to spend my Christmas money. Suspension or Power or Cooling. Thanks for sharing impressions!

Hey guys,

I should be getting my 40th next month. I am looking at getting a stage 2 Evo as well. The question I have is about te 40th suspension. Does it solve the wheel hop and other handling characteristics we dislike of the stock suspension. If not, what else does it need. I am trying to decide where to spend my Christmas money. Suspension or Power or Cooling. Thanks for sharing impressions!

I will be flying down to Vegas in 13 days to pick up my new 40th 07XL0017!!! I will be driving her back to British Columbia for a good shakedown. My understanding is that the suspension mods on the 40th address the wheel hop, standing start, nose dive, and cornering extremely well. I can't wait to drive her home!!!!!!!

I have been considering the Evolution Stage 2 as well. But Shelby will be coming out with a cold air intake soon I believe, and I want to see that first. I would like to know if SAI will come out with equivalent tuning packages to Evo, but I can't get word on that???

Here is a pic of my baby at SAI. Just completed the 40th install, and is still gummy from the install of the new stripes. I love the chrome Razors!!!

KingCobra.

post-1791-1192553626_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1192553626_thumb.jpg

I will be flying down to Vegas in 13 days to pick up my new 40th 07XL0017!!! I will be driving her back to British Columbia for a good shakedown. My understanding is that the suspension mods on the 40th address the wheel hop, standing start, nose dive, and cornering extremely well. I can't wait to drive her home!!!!!!!

I have been considering the Evolution Stage 2 as well. But Shelby will be coming out with a cold air intake soon I believe, and I want to see that first. I would like to know if SAI will come out with equivalent tuning packages to Evo, but I can't get word on that???

Here is a pic of my baby at SAI. Just completed the 40th install, and is still gummy from the install of the new stripes. I love the chrome Razors!!!

KingCobra.

KC, take notes as you drive it! I would love to have an SAI intake and tuning as well. I will sit and wait. If you learn more about that be sure to post or PM.

The car looks sweet! I really like the Red with silver and chrome. It looks VERY FAST!

bb

KC, take notes as you drive it! I would love to have an SAI intake and tuning as well. I will sit and wait. If you learn more about that be sure to post or PM.

The car looks sweet! I really like the Red with silver and chrome. It looks VERY FAST!

bb

I posted a thread on the performance tune packages under the Ask Amy section. Post you questions there, and hopefully we can keep the tread fresh enough to get a response form Amy.

I would love to get her input into this!!!

I think Evo have, without question done their homework with the GT500's. But, I am a Shelby purest, and will give my money to Evo, if and only when Shelby has told me that they will not

offer what I want. I want an Evolution Performance Stage 2 package form Shelby!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

post-1791-1192561711_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1192561711_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

I just picked up my 40th 2 weeks ago. The car looks fantastic, you will definately turn heads EVERYWHERE you go! As far as the suspension goes, it rides very similiar to stock suspension, firm but not harsh, but the left rear wheel does rub quite often. I would definately recommend an adjustable panhard bar to solve this. I just recieved mine and will be installing it tonight. Wheel hop is gone. The car sits so low now that it is almost impossible to get a floor jack underneath. Thats OK though because it looks awesome.

I am # 41. Some of the cars are being built out of sequence because of options and shipping location. My car has the basic 40th pkg. No performance or brake upgrades. I also only live about 2 hours from the plant so I was able to get the car there very easily. I have an EVO Stage 2 that I will be installing later this week. I didn't want to wait for SAI tune, and didn't want to do a blower swap. You will LOVE your car!!! It makes a huge difference.

I am # 41. Some of the cars are being built out of sequence because of options and shipping location. My car has the basic 40th pkg. No performance or brake upgrades. I also only live about 2 hours from the plant so I was able to get the car there very easily. I have an EVO Stage 2 that I will be installing later this week. I didn't want to wait for SAI tune, and didn't want to do a blower swap. You will LOVE your car!!! It makes a huge difference.

Let us know how hard it is to swap the panhard bar. I am dissappointed that SAI did not add this on. I would gladly pay for it. They are selling a defective product if it rubs.....does it rub on day to day use?

bb

I purchased the bar from Evolution Performance, I think I paid about $160-$170. Installation is very simple. 2 bolts, pretty easy to get to even laying on your back. Only takes about 1 hour max. Alignment is perfect now. I will give it the test drive tommorow. And yes it did rub under normal driving if you hit any dips in the road big enough to squat the suspension.

I purchased the bar from Evolution Performance, I think I paid about $160-$170. Installation is very simple. 2 bolts, pretty easy to get to even laying on your back. Only takes about 1 hour max. Alignment is perfect now. I will give it the test drive tommorow. And yes it did rub under normal driving if you hit any dips in the road big enough to squat the suspension.

I am in shock that SAI would not do this for us....are all of the 40th people having that problem? We should say something to SAI....

In defense of SAI, those guys have a lot on their plates and have thousands of details to work out. I feel that this is more the responsibility of Eibach. They are the ones supplying the lowering kit to SAI. Interestingly enough, i was not able to find a panhard bar offered by Eibach.

In defense of SAI, those guys have a lot on their plates and have thousands of details to work out. I feel that this is more the responsibility of Eibach. They are the ones supplying the lowering kit to SAI. Interestingly enough, i was not able to find a panhard bar offered by Eibach.

I can understand your point, however, if someone is going to pay 30 grand for the SS or what 12+ grand for the 40th, then they should not have to buy some parts and install them to stop something from rubbing and keep the rear end in check. What's the point of a suspension upgrade if it's not complete?

I can understand your point, however, if someone is going to pay 30 grand for the SS or what 12+ grand for the 40th, then they should not have to buy some parts and install them to stop something from rubbing and keep the rear end in check. What's the point of a suspension upgrade if it's not complete?

Hey Joker, I cannot get the avatar out of my mind!!

I will call SAI today and find out what is going on....

I'm #37 for the 40th and currently have Evo Stage II installed and LCAs. I haven't asked the question to SAI yet, but I am wondering if they are going to make me go back to stock before they do they package upgrade. I hope not.

post-7985-1192664430_thumb.jpg

post-7985-1192664430_thumb.jpg

I'm #37 for the 40th and currently have Evo Stage II installed and LCAs. I haven't asked the question to SAI yet, but I am wondering if they are going to make me go back to stock before they do they package upgrade. I hope not.

Jerzy, SAI will take off whatever you have on your car and return it to you if that part is to be replaced. It does not have to be OEM. They do a detailed inspection when the car arrives and note any issues including modifications, including those that will not be part of the 40th package. I was there when they inspected my car, it was very professional.

Jerzy, SAI will take off whatever you have on your car and return it to you if that part is to be replaced. It does not have to be OEM. They do a detailed inspection when the car arrives and note any issues including modifications, including those that will not be part of the 40th package. I was there when they inspected my car, it was very professional.

Great, thanks for the info. Makes me feel a lot better now.

KingCobra.

King,

Your car looks incredible! Congrats! Shelby really knows how to set the suspension to look right. The silver stripes are also awsome.

I wasnt that wowed by the 40th package until some members have posted pictures. Its really grown on me.

I too am holding off on modding until I see what SAI will bring out for our cars.

KC666

I just spoke with John from SAI. He is unaware of any rubbing on the tires or offset as a result of not having an adj panhard bar. He will be checking this forum for details. If there is any sort of problem they want to fix it. Could someone please describe the problem in detail...where it is rubbing, how it is offset etc. They have done 35 of these and are willing to look into anything that causes concern.

Thanks all.

bb

Archived