TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mods

howlingjay

What mods can you do without hurting your warranty coverage? Exhaust, etc.?

Many posts about this, yet up for interpretation. Keep stock, no issues, anything else, dealer may fix, but Ford as last rights. The vehicle guide states stock. Again, this really all depends as many guys do mods and some have had issues that were taking care of. Read the posts, anything speaking about a mod has someone asking this question.

Good luck.

Many posts about this, yet up for interpretation. Keep stock, no issues, anything else, dealer may fix, but Ford as last rights. The vehicle guide states stock. Again, this really all depends as many guys do mods and some have had issues that were taking care of. Read the posts, anything speaking about a mod has someone asking this question.

Good luck.

It is my understanding that if a Ford dealer installs the FRRP kit, the warranty remains the same. True?

The parts installed have a warranty of 12 months/12,000 miles if installed by the dealer. The Ford Racing parts aren't warranted as long as your extended warranty.

I haven't heard of any warranty issues with cars with mods have you?

No, most dealers if you have somewhat of a relationship w/ them and you have a legitimate claim they will work it out for you.

But that is the key! "MOST" and "RELATIONSHIP". I bought my car 200 miles away from my local dealer, so not like I expect a favor out of them now. If they wanted to do me a favor they should have sold me the car! I think the Ford mods packs may be more sound to them, and they may be more positive about a fix, but who knows on the rest. Remember, Ford pays the dealers for the warranty work, as I understand it. So if a claim comes in, Ford will have final say. Bottom line, I am not against mods, just feel everyone should be well aware that a MOD may void part or all the warranty. I have stated in other posts, if I mod, and still within the 5/50, I will more than likely go with the Ford power pack, as again, that is what they will install on the KR so you do have a better chance at an argument.

Archived