TEAM SHELBY FORUM

gt 350 seen, what does that mean?

This past Fri. I saw a blk and wht GT 350 and I thought wow are the already making fake GT's. As I took a better look at this car, it looked exactly like all of the pictures I have seen, from the interior to the color and emblems.

So my question would be could this have been a true GT 350, or a fake, or a test mule?

In SanDiego?

:huh:

Nobody cares about this?

I am just trying to get some info on this and I thought you might think this is somewhat cool - seeing the 350 in real life, and wondering what all the other GT platforms will be and what they might do to the adm?

Are there any facilities around San Diego that would be working on this. It would be interesting to know if it was a good fake or the real deal. The only thing that leads me to believe it would be a fake is the fact that even Robert hasn't been getting GT350 spy shots, and he lives in Dearborn. Too bad you didn't have a camera! Did you see it running and could you tell if it sounded like it had a blower. If they put that car out with the terminator motor I think it would curb a lot of GT500 craze.

Are there any facilities around San Diego that would be working on this. It would be interesting to know if it was a good fake or the real deal. The only thing that leads me to believe it would be a fake is the fact that even Robert hasn't been getting GT350 spy shots, and he lives in Dearborn. Too bad you didn't have a camera! Did you see it running and could you tell if it sounded like it had a blower. If they put that car out with the terminator motor I think it would curb a lot of GT500 craze.

I did get close enough to hear it, but no I didn't here the blower whine. I don't know of any factory around here.

it was an auto, any idea on the tranies for the GT 350?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Don't know why you would say that. .. .

Such certainty

Just a humble opinion, if Ford was going to come out with a GT350 they wouldn't badge it during testing it would probably be as plain looking as possible. The GT-H cars also can provide Ford with some data to use it GT350 development. With a shelby model announcement supposed to come next week we will find out pretty soon whats coming along next. I think its the KR version annoucement coming.

• 1 month later...

This past Fri. I saw a blk and wht GT 350 and I thought wow are the already making fake GT's. As I took a better look at this car, it looked exactly like all of the pictures I have seen, from the interior to the color and emblems.

So my question would be could this have been a true GT 350, or a fake, or a test mule?

In SanDiego?

:huh:

The big question would be the license plate....was it an "M" plate, meaning manufacture plate?

Like I posted a few months ago, I saw three definite fakes (the owners were proud of their work) at a Mustang show. They were well done...some people have a lot of talent, a lot of time on their hands, and attention to detail.

I guess I would look at the law of averages. What are the odds that you saw a prototype vs. somebody that has a lot of time on their hands?

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect that if they are working on a '350, they would badge it as a regular GT. Wait 'till SEMA to hear anything, I say. If there was a time to do it, that would be the time. My .02

I think if that was the case we would have heard something by now, too many leaks in the information highway.

I think if that was the case we would have heard something by now, too many leaks in the information highway.

I know for a fact that Shelby American will be announcing a number of things at SEMA. I'm just hopin' that one of those will be the announcement of a GT350 option. :cheerleader:

Not much longer.....

Archived