TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prices Coming Down?

BlackoutUT

First off let me say that I'm a very active member over at "The Mustang Source" (WuTimeUT) and have just starting viewing over here. What a great site! Anyway, is it just me or are the prices on Shelbys really finally starting to come down! I was just wondering how many of you have or are getting MSRP deals. If I can get a GT500 at MSRP I can afford it. So I'm really starting to look. I haven't seen any dealers down here in Texas selling even close to MSRP yet. Whats it look like everywhere else?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine in Houston yesterday for about $3800 over, that was the best deal I could find and had to drive 170 miles to get it. I literally looked all over the country trying to find an MSRP deal. I even tried ordering one and the best any local dealer would do was $5000 over.

When I went to pick mine up they had a coupe in Vapor also, while I was there it sold for more than I paid for my 'vert!!!

First off let me say that I'm a very active member over at "The Mustang Source" (WuTimeUT) and have just starting viewing over here. What a great site! Anyway, is it just me or are the prices on Shelbys really finally starting to come down! I was just wondering how many of you have or are getting MSRP deals. If I can get a GT500 at MSRP I can afford it. So I'm really starting to look. I haven't seen any dealers down here in Texas selling even close to MSRP yet. Whats it look like everywhere else?

It is spoty all over the country. There has been a few people that were able to find a MSRP on a 2007 sitting and a few even found a dealer to sell a 2008 for MSRP. But those are far, few and between.

There have been a few that found one for $5K over while most dealers are still in the $8K - $10K over range and some still holding out for $15K+

To find the $5K over or less deals you have to pound the payment and do a lot of searching, but they are being found. Once in a while one may get posted here. So check in several times throughout the day every single day to catch it and beat someone to it.

Yep, prices are coming down. We sold our 2007's for well over MSRP (4 at $10K over, and 2 at $25K over), but our first 2008 went for just $7K over. We don't even have a second '08 scheduled yet, so once it gets here the market will probably be below $5K over, maybe even near MSRP (dead of winter).

Yep, prices are coming down. We sold our 2007's for well over MSRP (4 at $10K over, and 2 at $25K over), but our first 2008 went for just $7K over. We don't even have a second '08 scheduled yet, so once it gets here the market will probably be below $5K over, maybe even near MSRP (dead of winter).

I already have mine coming but just a question, Would the powers that be at your dealership give a price and let someone at Stangsunleashed put down a deposit for your next allocation? I was just thinking it may save a lot of legwork for a member and then they know thay have one just have to wait for allocation and your dealership knows it has a sale it won't be sitting on the lot in winter. Just an idea.

I already have mine coming but just a question, Would the powers that be at your dealership give a price and let someone at Stangsunleashed put down a deposit for your next allocation? I was just thinking it may save a lot of legwork for a member and then they know thay have one just have to wait for allocation and your dealership knows it has a sale it won't be sitting on the lot in winter. Just an idea.

Nope, our dealership's management has decided not to pre-reserve GT500's this year (even though we did last year). They would rather order a popular color with popular options and price it to the market once it arrives. And, there is a strong preference to selling our GT500's locally to our previous customers instead of promising one to someone out-of-state that we don't know. Doesn't mean that we wouldn't sell to someone out-of-state, but the locals will get the first opportunity.

Now, if I were king for a day, this would be handled very differently. But, alas, I am a mere worker bee in a big hive.

I do believe there is some downward pressure on pricing, as I just recently ordered mine at 5K over, but it is coming from out of state. Had to search pretty hard to find it. The dealers here in Colorado continue to insist on 20K over! A lot of EBay auctions seem to close with no bids, or reserve not met, so that probably bodes well for those still holding out to buy.

Later,

Scott

Ford is producing 16,000 cars this year.... Simple supply and demand

We've seen a dramatic drop in demand over the past several months - even during the peak summer months when demand should have been highest - which tells me simple supply and demand will dictate fewer cars needed this model year.

Ford told us they planned to build fewer GT500's for 2008. 8,000 is their last communicated estimate. We got 6 GT500's for 2007, but are only allocated 4 for 2008. If they were really increasing production to 16,000, then we certainly would get more allocation, but are not!

A high source with in Ford (without naming names)....

Oh come on, 16,000 GT500's for 08? Now that would be a real kickin the ass. So 10K+ for 07, then they claim 8K for 08's now that is going to be double.... hummm almost willing to bet that is BS. No disrespect, but the rumor mills is full!

On the "supply and demand", if there has been a dramatic drop off in demand, shouldn't the ADM have gone completely away?

I do not believe that there has been a dramatic drop off in demand for the car. I do believe that there has been a dramatic drop off in demand by buyers willing to pay an ADM. I beleive that there is still an untapped market of buyers who are willing to pay MSRP but not ADM.

I assume that the car is profitable to Ford, and I assum it is profitable to a dealer at MSRP if the dealer received the car from Ford. I cannot believe that Ford would cut production to limit supply so that the dealers that have the cars can charge an ADM.

We've seen a dramatic drop in demand over the past several months - even during the peak summer months when demand should have been highest - which tells me simple supply and demand will dictate fewer cars needed this model year.

Demand is likely waning for GT500s priced at $55 - $65,000. However Ford could easily sell 16,000 of them in 08 if dealers were willing to sell them at sticker (or less as is the case with every other car on the lots). I, and I'm sure many others, have been put off by the dealer markups. Ford is willing to sell the car at $44k - $46k. I would already own one if dealers were willing to sell them at that price.

I completely agree.... 44-46k im in the drivers seat. But I'm so fed up with the dealers right now that I refuse to pay a cent over MSRP.

Please remember that many people predicted that the ADM would go away with the announcement of the 08's. It went down but, has not gone away. I have followed up on every lead for MSRP or up to $5000. over. They were all sold when I got to them. Now people are saying the ADM's will go away when they announce the 09's. I think they are wrong as everyone agrees that the 09 run will be short so, the ADM's will remain. The only way to end ADM's is for Ford to produce more cars. I want one so, I have made a deal at $5000. over. I hate to pay it but, I will have exactly the color and options I want. And, most important, I will have the car.

The ADMs have dropped but not in the past few mths. We still have one allocation available that we will give a stangs unleash member a good deal. More importantly .. the service and personal touch will be second to none. All you have to do is ask our first 08 GT500 owner who is from this site too how he and his car was treated by me and our store

On the "supply and demand", if there has been a dramatic drop off in demand, shouldn't the ADM have gone completely away?

I do not believe that there has been a dramatic drop off in demand for the car. I do believe that there has been a dramatic drop off in demand by buyers willing to pay an ADM. I beleive that there is still an untapped market of buyers who are willing to pay MSRP but not ADM.

I assume that the car is profitable to Ford, and I assum it is profitable to a dealer at MSRP if the dealer received the car from Ford. I cannot believe that Ford would cut production to limit supply so that the dealers that have the cars can charge an ADM.

I agree completely. I can't wait to buy mine, but will either get it used or wait for the price to come down. There is a large market for the cars when they are priced at msrp. Otherwise, for get it.

Good points, Bob. Yes, demand from those willing to pay an ADM is what has dropped off. We've always had a steady stream of people interested at MSRP, but no cars to sell them as we had plenty of guys OK with ADM's. Once the ADM crowd vanishes, then MSRP could happen. There has been an infinite amount of speculation here about when that could happen. Most predicted a year or two ago that we would have been at MSRP or lower by now (they patterned there predictions after 2002 T-Birds, 2005 Ford GT's, etc. that were very different animals).

However, I don't believe for a minute that Ford is cutting back 08 production just to give the dealers better leverage to get an ADM. Ford gets the invoice amount on each and every one they sell to dealers - no more, no less. Ford would make less money by cutting production and they are not benevolent enough to forsake their own profits to help out the individually owned, franchised dealers.

Good points, Bob. Yes, demand from those willing to pay an ADM is what has dropped off. We've always had a steady stream of people interested at MSRP, but no cars to sell them as we had plenty of guys OK with ADM's. Once the ADM crowd vanishes, then MSRP could happen. There has been an infinite amount of speculation here about when that could happen. Most predicted a year or two ago that we would have been at MSRP or lower by now (they patterned there predictions after 2002 T-Birds, 2005 Ford GT's, etc. that were very different animals).

However, I don't believe for a minute that Ford is cutting back 08 production just to give the dealers better leverage to get an ADM. Ford gets the invoice amount on each and every one they sell to dealers - no more, no less. Ford would make less money by cutting production and they are not benevolent enough to forsake their own profits to help out the individually owned, franchised dealers.

I like your posts, you use logic! I agree 100%. The reduction in numbers between 07 and 08 say more to me than a comment by someone who gets misconstrued and diluted with every other comment. Look at the facts. Number of cars being produced is coming down, possibility for an 09 is still unconfirmed. So, that said, the 08's and any remaining 07's are priced where the dealers expect them to sell. Regardless, if anyone wants a car, rather than whine about the what if's and how come's, pony up and get your car. We don't want to hear you whine louder when they do not announce an 09 and the remaining 08's fetch higher ADM's. All a gamble, so are you a gambling man?

Venomous67 - I couldn't say it better. Ford could make thousands more and sell 'em all at $45k and have that many more pleased and hopefully lifetime customers. If Ford wants to trade profits for exclusivity, I guess that's one possible game plan. They did the same thing with the Ford GT.

The funny thing is, how many other threads are there with people complaining because of all the other Mustang SEs available (too many Shelby GTs . . . don't make so many Bullitts - just make sure I get one . . . drop the pink striped ones . . . etc.)?

Yes, I am a gambling man. I am a little surprised, I had thought that MSRP deals would be readily available by now and they are not, so the ADM is holding much longer than I expected based on prior trends with high demand Ford products.

I do love the GT500 and would love to have one. However, I am a long time Mustang fan and the list of Mustangs that I love is a long one. I already own two mustangs, including an 88LX that I have owned since new in 1987. The 88 has been very heavily modified including supercharging, and is only a 3000 pound car, so I do have cars to satisfy my Mustang and go fast desires.

I am not whining about the ADM, and could afford to pay it if that is what I desired to do. I am keeping a close eye on the ADM and availability, and if I find a deal at MSRP on the right car I will buy, if not, I will pass, and will likely end up with something else, such as a low mileage 03-04 Cobra, or that 69 Mach 1, or that 65 k code coupe, or that ...........

I do appreciate the efforts of those who are attempting to keep us informed as to whether an 09 will be built and what the pricing trends are on the 07s and 08s that are still available.

Yes, I am a gambling man. I am a little surprised, I had thought that MSRP deals would be readily available by now and they are not, so the ADM is holding much longer than I expected based on prior trends with high demand Ford products.

I do love the GT500 and would love to have one. However, I am a long time Mustang fan and the list of Mustangs that I love is a long one. I already own two mustangs, including an 88LX that I have owned since new in 1987. The 88 has been very heavily modified including supercharging, and is only a 3000 pound car, so I do have cars to satisfy my Mustang and go fast desires.

I am not whining about the ADM, and could afford to pay it if that is what I desired to do. I am keeping a close eye on the ADM and availability, and if I find a deal at MSRP on the right car I will buy, if not, I will pass, and will likely end up with something else, such as a low mileage 03-04 Cobra, or that 69 Mach 1, or that 65 k code coupe, or that ...........

I do appreciate the efforts of those who are attempting to keep us informed as to whether an 09 will be built and what the pricing trends are on the 07s and 08s that are still available.

check the for sale forum....08 GT500 for msrp....white with blue stripe, HID, ambient and Shaker 1000. In stock now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the guys here who are still watching and waiting, I will buy your response as it does make sense. You have plenty of ponies in the garage and really do not need a GT500. Yet you are watching and waiting for the perfect deal. Good for you! However, the ones that get my goat are the guys that have been complaining about the car, the ADM's, and of all things Ford? Ford is NOT making any more or less money on any GT500 they sell! Same price to Ford if it goes MSRP or 25k over. The dealers are making the extra money and trust that this has been hashed out hundreds of times and there are good and bad reasons, along with logical reasons why it is what it is. Now on to my gambling man comment, all I am saying is that it is a gamble for someone who "really" wants this car. You are gambling on IF an 09 is made! On IF an 07 is still out there, or if an 08 still out there will meet YOUR price point! Oh yea, then IF that car matches your wants and needs list!

Bottom line, go look at my other posts, and several others on this forum. There have been cars posted here at MSRP and several for 5k or under on ADM's. Some guys take advantage others do not. Those that do not, well you are the gambles..... I hope you get what you want, when you want, at a price you can live with, but that is a great poker hand to me, if you want to "WIN".

I completly agree.... 44-46k im in the drivers seat. But I'm so fed up with the dealers right now that I refuse to pay a cent over MSRP.

Here is your chance.....................check the for sale forum....08 GT500 for msrp....white with blue stripe, HID, ambient and Shaker 1000. In stock now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realize Amy B. you know the president of Shelby Autos has stated the GT-500 contract with Ford is long term. Well into the next body style were here exact words, as well as 2010 will see the new Gt500 body style. So the 09 GT500 is beyond the shadow of a doubt. There is no maybe. The 2010, 2011 are beyond the shadow of a doubt. There has been more leaked evidense to support this over the last 2 years it is not even funny and should come as no surprise to no anyone. Before the production of the first GT500 back in 2006 Carroll stated the Camaro and Challenger has better not even attempt to outhorsepower the Shelby GT500. That would be a tough thing to do if the Shelby stopped in 2008 since neither of these cars come out till 2009-10. Ford is not going to be left out of the cold with no competition for Chevy or Dodge. Any body thinking otherwise is in severe stages of denial.

I agree completely. I can't wait to buy mine, but will either get it used or wait for the price to come down. There is a large market for the cars when they are priced at msrp. Otherwise, for get it.

10/18............check the for sale forum....08 GT500 for msrp....white with blue stripe, HID, ambient and Shaker 1000. In stock now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realize Amy B. you know the president of Shelby Autos has stated the GT-500 contract with Ford is long term. Well into the next body style were here exact words, as well as 2010 will see the new Gt500 body style. So the 09 GT500 is beyond the shadow of a doubt. There is no maybe. The 2010, 2011 are beyond the shadow of a doubt. There has been more leaked evidense to support this over the last 2 years it is not even funny and should come as no surprise to no anyone. Before the production of the first GT500 back in 2006 Carroll stated the Camaro and Challenger has better not even attempt to outhorsepower the Shelby GT500. That would be a tough thing to do if the Shelby stopped in 2008 since neither of these cars come out till 2009-10. Ford is not going to be left out of the cold with no competition for Chevy or Dodge. Any body thinking otherwise is in severe stages of denial.

:beatdeadhorse: :lastyear::violin::rip:

Archived