TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 O.A. Forum

Staff

Should the forums be private?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Should the GT500 O.A. Forums Be Private?

• Yes. Only paid members should access them.
    • No. Keep them open to everyone
    • Have a mix of some open and some private

Paid Members? Change is coming then? I would suggest that confirmed deliverys get a special password. However I could see that information transfer is not going to be complete. Certainly going to limit interest and numbers long term. More thought required on my part.

I voted for the mix.

If they are all closed, it could get stale pretty quickly.

If they are all open, you'll wind up with people who will argue about immaterial stuff, threatening lawsuits, etc. Don't laugh. I've seen it happen.

A mix seems to be the best way to go, IMHO.

I voted for the paid section. Let's say 30.00 gets you a t-shirt, access to the "Special" area with the balance, whatever it may be after buying the shirts going to help support the club.

Thoughts?

That can be done. I already asked Ford legal about some issues.

I agree, keep this forum the way it is as a public gathering.

I would be willing to pay towards the cost of a private section, but given

the drive to further enhance these cars with Ford packages and aftermarket

there should be enough interest from those people to cover the meager costs

associated with running the Shelby GT500 Owners Association Forum.

KingCobra.

Guest evilchris

I'm going to love disappointing you all when I have mine, and pay the membership. BTW, you shoud follow the NO MEMBER ATTACKING POLICY unless you want to be complete hypocrites.

I'm going to love disappointing you all when I have mine, and pay the membership. BTW, you shoud follow the NO MEMBER ATTACKING POLICY unless you want to be complete hypocrites.

Point well taken, hope you are able to get one and join the GT500 family ,but didn't you just order an 07 GT ?

Question, just curious..Why Evilchris ?

Say it with me: "This is just a car. A great car, but still just a car".

As future GT500 owners, we should all be able to get along. Just wait to hear all the bashing we will get from GM and Dodge owners in the future - not to mention the imports. If we have opinions that differ, SO WHAT. We all know the saying about everyone having an opinion.

We are going to get a GT500! :yahoo:

Wait.......

I like that idea!!!!!

Well.....maybe not.

But, I am installing adjustable track lighting in the garage, which was

originally going to be aimed at the tools etc. :sos:

KingCobra.

I think if there is going to be an area that you have to pay a fee to access it should be open to anybody who wants to pay the fee, not necessarily just people who own an '07 GT500. Kind of like The Shelby American Automobile Club - ownership not required, just enthusiasm. That way people who don't own one yet, but may be looking for one could access the area too. I just think if it's limited to just owners it makes it look like an elitist site - you're not good enough to join because you don't have one and we do. Just my thought.

Good thoughts.

Perhaps there is room for both.

I don't think it's "elite" to join an area wherein all members own the car.

It's the price of admission.

I will continue to participate in open forums, but I think I'd like some exclusivity once in a while. Mostly to not have to weed through all the questions and comments from those who don't own the car.

And - it would be nice to be a part of an owner's club. Many clubs have dues - this one would be a VIN.

But then, for those that just love, but do not own, there is the main GT500source.com.

The open forum that includes the private owners association within it, that pertains just to owners,

with percs just for owners.

KingCobra.

But then, for those that just love, but do not own, there is the main GT500source.com.

The open forum that includes the private owners association within it, that pertains just to owners,

with percs just for owners.

KingCobra.

This makes the most sense to me. But then again, who am I?

Same old story, How much to you want to charge and what am I gonna get for it? We can only determine the value after the fact. Elitism just kills clubs like this which by thier nature are very limited.

Ok, Im a little confused. Isnt there already a Shelby American Club? Im not against any of this just not sure how everything fits?

Ok, Im a little confused. Isnt there already a Shelby American Club? Im not against any of this just not sure how everything fits?

Exactly my point. Not counting variations on a theme 1. SVTOA/ne Ford performance, 2. Shelby American/all Shelbys 3. Mustang Club/et all. plus others unintentionally missed. If we assume say 7500(I think thats high) take up from all over N.A., where is the value in it? The point of the SVTOA was to in part subsidize track day insurance(ridicules) and validate driving the cars at a pace which 90% of owners would never experiance day to day. Thus the education componant of the SVT experiance whereby they brought professional instructors and sales tools to encourage loyalty to the brand. I am a charter member of the SN95 Pacific Green COBRA's in Northern Alberta club complete with logo's, clothing, and certificate of original ownership, but it means nothing without relation to a larger group(SVTOA of Alberta) and further to the SVTOA itself. Just belonging to a club is not enough for me. Again an opinion only. :soapbox:

Archived