TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby to be on TV Tomorrow!

I watched that last night, too.

:nonono: <--- that was me while I was watching. For an hour, no less. I would never take one of my vehicles to West Coast Customs. Others are free to, though.

As long as we are on the topic of gearhead reality TV, I would never take one of my vehicles to Boyd Coddington, either. He does classier work that WCC, but look at how they are forced to fit 12 weeks of work into 6 weeks. :nonono:

Chip Foose would be my go-to guy.

OCC has been brought up a few times. I love that show. Only because Paul Sr and Paul Jr remind me of my dad and me when he was alive and in the office every day. Just like with those guys, our conflicts ended at the office doorstep. Although, we never broke stuff just to break it. That's just wasteful. Oh, and my dad and I have different firstnames. And we didn't build choppers, but you get the idea.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like on the Shelbyforums Amy says that there are three ordered, I guess the first was Carrolls then the second a demo/promo. That accounts for the 5 that state are sold on WCCs website.

One question why fabricate side scoops when they could have ordered them from SAI at the same time they ordered the other catalog parts?

Also that owner is over 40 years old there is no reason for him to refer to Carroll Shelby as just Shelby like he is a car or thing. If he was a teenager I would understand.

I dont understand either why he would let his employees argue while he stands, watches and waits for his other "enforcer" employees to tell them to shut up. If I ran that shop people would have been being fired on the spot and I would refuse to compromise quality with unrealistic deadlines then taking other jobs on top of it. Also

I would not assign an employee to hassle senoir employees to wear my ghetto uniform when they can be working.

He did have that look on his face IMO. ;)

I am too old for these type of shows. No respect or class or tact. This is why I rarely watch TV.

I agree that the show was trying to copy Orange County Choppers in the dramma, yelling, fighting and what not.

The guy kept calling Carroll by his last name, and IMO that did not show respect for him. He also kept talking about their partnership with both there names on the dash plaque, and it just seemed like CS's name was being pimped. I could not feel any partnership.

It just did not feel right to me, and I think that is because I am in the older generation. The younger generation will love this car, and that is who it is appealing to. The younger generation also acts and speaks like these guys do. Most of the younger generation would fit right into these kind of shop antics.

The show SUCKED. The car was ok....and I knew WCC would be a wanna be pimp my ride. I am a youngin and I hate what they did. My brother, in HS, also dislikes it. I agree the Shelby badge was used and abused here. I thought it was F*n stupid that the owner called Mr Shelby.....SHELBY.....how dare he! Famous or not, you dont call someone just by their last name, unless they are of your age, or you have that very casual relationship. Really...thats a HS thing. The show was too much drama. Guaranteed it wont even complete a season. They need to replace that with something else. Maybe TLC should do an hour show on the Shelby Shop, Tasca, and other REPUTABLE shops. By Reputable, I dont mean shops that put fish tanks and bbq grills in cars for a living. It was great to see Mr. Shelby and his posse.....was AMY there :happy feet: !? But I could not believe he was called.....SHELBY!.....and WOW....they put a Paxton on a GT.....isnt that like 350 hp short of what Mr. Shelby wanted? BTW, get rid of the WCC Shelby badge the WCC is blocking the SNAKE! :banghead:

No question this car will appeal to the extremely young market, if at all, unfortunately this market doesn't have $175K to spend. Just can't imagine who will buy these cars.

+100%

I went on the web site for WCC back in Feb.-06 shortly after they announced that they would team up to create a line of limited-edition mustangs...WCC priced this 06 car then @$150,000.00 for each 1 of 25.....

After 1 &1/2 years of marketing these cars they increased it to$175,000.00......interesting???????????????

They couldn't be the same cars ??????????? Maybe the cars were priced too low?????????? OHH!!!!!!!by the way......I'm 56 going on 18.....and he is" MR SHELBY " to me and always will always be..................

The show SUCKED. The car was ok....and I knew WCC would be a wanna be pimp my ride. I am a youngin and I hate what they did. My brother, in HS, also dislikes it. I agree the Shelby badge was used and abused here. I thought it was F*n stupid that the owner called Mr Shelby.....SHELBY.....how dare he! Famous or not, you dont call someone just by their last name, unless they are of your age, or you have that very casual relationship. Really...thats a HS thing. The show was too much drama. Guaranteed it wont even complete a season. They need to replace that with something else. Maybe TLC should do an hour show on the Shelby Shop, Tasca, and other REPUTABLE shops. By Reputable, I dont mean shops that put fish tanks and bbq grills in cars for a living. It was great to see Mr. Shelby and his posse.....was AMY there :happy feet: !? But I could not believe he was called.....SHELBY!.....and WOW....they put a Paxton on a GT.....isnt that like 350 hp short of what Mr. Shelby wanted? BTW, get rid of the WCC Shelby badge the WCC is blocking the SNAKE! :banghead:

I agree...what disrespect...the show was tasteless and

Despicable

th_daffy.png

ItalianStallion

Since a WCC employee was posting in the youtube burnout comments section I had to post my 2 cents there.

Notice they had to apply the brake to do the burnout and then the guy says it dynos at 500hp which I doubt.

I wanted to go on a rant but it only lets you post 500 characters so if you guys do feel free. :superhero:

Wow. Those guys are really lame and came off to me as just trying to milk Mr. Carroll Shelby's name so they could look "old school". The owner is a complete wuss having to hire some "shop enforcer" or whatever to keep his employees in line. This show was a complete negative for me and I would never take my vehicle to them.

I'm surprised CS didn't have the right to cancel the production of the car and not allow the airing of the program. After just seeing the car and reading the comments that would have been the right thing to do. What could the cost of all the bolt ons and paint job possibly be? $25-30K? For that you get a genuine supersnake upgrade to a GT500 not a GT. No way they sell 25 of those. People with that kind of money just can't be that stupid.

Archived