TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby to be on TV Tomorrow!

I just seen a preview on TV tonight by the TLC network (The Learning Channel) for a new show called Street Customs. Ryan and his West Coast crew forge a place in automotive history when they team up with the living legend, Carroll Shelby, to build a one of a kind Mustang. 60 mins & TV-PG

The show will air on the following days:

Oct 11th @ 10:00 pm E.S.T. &

Re-Air Oct 12th @ 12:00 am E.S.T.

****(Check your local listings for actual viewing times in your area or country)****

Again the show is called.....Street Customs so set the VCR's & DVD's

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just seen a preview on TV tonight by the TLC network (The Learning Channel) for a new show called Street Customs. Ryan and his West Coast crew forge a place in automotive history when they team up with the living legend, Carroll Shelby, to build a one of a kind Mustang. 60 mins & TV-PG

The show will air on the following days:

Oct 11th @ 10:00 pm E.S.T. &

Re-Air Oct 12th @ 12:00 am E.S.T.

****(Check your local listings for actual viewing times in your area or country)****

Again the show is called.....Street Customs so set the VCR's & DVD's

Coldy - thanks for the heads up. I'll get home from my son's football game at 9:30 - perfect timing. His team is one game from finishing an undefeated 8-0 season. Finishing up the evening with a 1 hour feature on Carroll will make close to a perfect day.

Thanks again.

HSURB

Ok, I looked at the pics of the WestCoast Shelby Mustang and I have never seen such a tacky/ricer looking Mustang before. All the badges look like they were just glued over the GT badging, the parts are right out of the SAI catalog and that ugly spoiler looks like a JC Whitney ricer special.

Ugly photos link then select photos

Ok, I looked at the pics of the WestCoast Shelby Mustang and I have never seen such a tacky/ricer looking Mustang before. All the badges look like they were just glued over the GT badging, the parts are right out of the SAI catalog and that ugly spoiler looks like a JC Whitney ricer special.

Yeah, I'm not very impressed. That ricer wing on the back makes me :barf:

WCC/Shelby Mustang Pics

Yeah, I'm not very impressed. That ricer wing on the back makes me :barf:

WCC/Shelby Mustang Pics

+1 that wing is horrid. I suppose the rest of it is not too bad though not my taste at all, it kinda looks like a mustang to attract the import tuner crowd. I prefer the looks of the GT500/Shelby GT and as for the price this car is nowhere near a SuperSnake and costs more :headscratch:

+1

Looks like a Drifter to me. I'll bet its got Falken tires too.

Shelby badge seems to be getting worn-out lately, mostly with pimped-up GT's (e.g. GS8, Shelby GT, GT-H)

nah it has pirrelli nero's front and back, you can check out the tech specs too not impressive for cost.

Shelby badge seems to be getting worn-out lately, mostly with pimped-up GT's (e.g. GS8, Shelby GT, GT-H)

I agree (sort of). I have no problem with the Shelby badge being put on cars approved/sponsored/blessed by Carroll Shelby. It's the guys who are just throwing the Shelby badge on their mustang GT that bother me.

I went to a mustang show last weekend. Small show...25 cars...about 6 in the '05-'07 class. There were two "Shelby GT350" clones in the '05-'07 class. The guys weren't trying to pass them off as real, which is good, but it just seems to dilute the brand when anyone can plaster "Shelby" all over their car. People on the street don't necessarily know they're clones, and those people who do know they're clones then look twice at mine and wonder if it is a clone. I don't like that.

Sorry for the OT rant, but this stuff really bugs me. Besides that, one of the GT350s won the class at the show. All he did was take a GT and put cobra and Shelby badges on it, then had the nerve to say "This isn't a checkbook car. It was build by me in my garage." WTF? What did he build? I've got more mods on my real Shelby than he had on his clone and I did all my mods myself.

:rant::rant::rant:

Sorry. It's been a bad day/week/month. 5 weeks without a smoke, and it's still tough. Oh, and I quit coffee too.

They were smart having the car on a made to order basis. That way they are not sitting on inventory thats overpriced and not moving.

It says 20 are available with 5 being made so I am trying to figure out who got the 5 since I doubt most collectors would buy one of these.

So you know 1 is a promo car that they will keep.

Shelby got one as part of the contract for his LV musuem I am sure.

That leaves three that were probably gifted to execs or VPs with maybe one being used as a overseas promo car maybe?

Then you know a couple of suckers will order thay have more money than sence maybe one got ordered already?

I agree (sort of). I have no problem with the Shelby badge being put on cars approved/sponsored/blessed by Carroll Shelby. It's the guys who are just throwing the Shelby badge on their mustang GT that bother me.

I went to a mustang show last weekend. Small show...25 cars...about 6 in the '05-'07 class. There were two "Shelby GT350" clones in the '05-'07 class. The guys weren't trying to pass them off as real, which is good, but it just seems to dilute the brand when anyone can plaster "Shelby" all over their car. People on the street don't necessarily know they're clones, and those people who do know they're clones then look twice at mine and wonder if it is a clone. I don't like that.

Sorry for the OT rant, but this stuff really bugs me. Besides that, one of the GT350s won the class at the show. All he did was take a GT and put cobra and Shelby badges on it, then had the nerve to say "This isn't a checkbook car. It was build by me in my garage." WTF? What did he build? I've got more mods on my real Shelby than he had on his clone and I did all my mods myself.

Sorry. It's been a bad day/week/month. 5 weeks without a smoke, and it's still tough. Oh, and I quit coffee too.

Impersonating a Shelby should be a crime! 25 to life :hysterical2:

and I've got one other thing...

Before the '07 Shelby GT500 came out, I didn't see a bunch of mustangs cruising around with Shelby badging. It's only after the Shelby came out that guys started with the badging. That makes me thing the "Tribute to the Shelby name" argument doesn't hold water. If you are so into building tributes to Shelby, why weren't you doing it before the GT500 came out? I think these guys really want people to think they are really driving a real Shelby, even if they admit it's a clone when asked.

OK, enough from me on this. I'll go sit in the corner now.

and I've got one other thing...

Before the '07 Shelby GT500 came out, I didn't see a bunch of mustangs cruising around with Shelby badging. It's only after the Shelby came out that guys started with the badging. That makes me thing the "Tribute to the Shelby name" argument doesn't hold water. If you are so into building tributes to Shelby, why weren't you doing it before the GT500 came out? I think these guys really want people to think they are really driving a real Shelby, even if they admit it's a clone when asked.

:rant: :rant: :rant:

OK, enough from me on this. I'll go sit in the corner now.

I agree!!!

Also WCC that is one ugly A$$ car..... I know its about the money but come on!!

Give me a break!!! Nice WING.... is that from a suped up Honda??

This is a SHELBY abortion.... please..... :finger:

BUMP!!! Dont want to miss it....even if the car isnt that cool! Hearing Mr. CAROL!,....I always thought it was CARROLL! I guess WCC knows better......NOT!!!, is well worth the watch. I knew being WCC would not make something cool. Sorry but they are more into the PIMPIN of cars than actually accentuating an already beautiful machine. M2C

Archived