TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby to be on TV Tomorrow!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just seen a preview on TV tonight by the TLC network (The Learning Channel) for a new show called Street Customs. Ryan and his West Coast crew forge a place in automotive history when they team up with the living legend, Carroll Shelby, to build a one of a kind Mustang. 60 mins & TV-PG

The show will air on the following days:

Oct 11th @ 10:00 pm E.S.T. &

Re-Air Oct 12th @ 12:00 am E.S.T.

****(Check your local listings for actual viewing times in your area or country)****

Again the show is called.....Street Customs so set the VCR's & DVD's

The show is on here in the NW at 10PM on channel 38 (TLC)

I am watchin it :happy feet:

The show is on here in the NW at 10PM on channel 38 (TLC)

I am watchin it :happy feet:

Just finished watching it................WTF is up with that wing, it looked even worse on TV than in the pics, at one point I saw CS touching it and just wanted to hear him say "get this shitty wing off" :hysterical2:

Just finished watching it................WTF is up with that wing, it looked even worse on TV than in the pics, at one point I saw CS touching it and just wanted to hear him say "get this shitty wing off" :hysterical2:

+1, I didn't like the car to much??? Looked more like a Roush to me.

CW

That show was weak. More drama than anything about the car. Why would anyone pay 120K for that? It's no better than a Roush (actually probably not near as good since they threw it all together in a whole 12 days with no testing or research. At least the Roush cars have good suspension and handling).

Thanks for the heads up though Coldy. Glad I watched it.

I wonder how much that lady paid to have her red mercedes with a black interior swapped into a black mercedes with a red interior? I hope she didn't pay very much! Still looks the same to me!

Did you see the part were the owner talks about customers sueing him because of poor customer service?

Then he blames it on the salesperson that he brought in crappy customers that bitch about everything. :banghead:

It sounds like his business is on the verge of bankruptcy to me, like if they dont make big ticket sales on the Shelby mustangs they will go under. I think Carroll really did not like the car because he said he wanted a 800hp mustang in the begining and they just put a SC on it. If it was 800hp I could see the pricetag justified.

Me personally I would not take my car or buy my car from them based on just how the employees behaved especially the sales people because that is who I would have to deal with but no thanks.

Let this be a lesson to SAI to not lend out their name so easily this was just tacky.

I was so high ready to watch it, watched it and what a let-down. It sucked

All these shows are trying to be like Orange County Choppers with the arguing and fighting. That only works for OCC, the others should get back to the vehicle build. That was WEAK.

The show was a joke, you could tell the fighting was all staged. When they chewed out the one guy for having his girl friend come by she was on the sideline laughing, you could tell it was all staged.

Second, how do you tell the world on tv you are getting sued and firing a salesman for poor quality work and than let him keep his job because he sold a 15K job. First off, he does not do the work to start with, he just sells the work. If what he is selling is above the abilities of the tech's, than the owner has done a poor job of letting his sales staff know what his tech's are able to do. Once again, it appeared to be all about the drama and not about the work they do.

Third, they took a 28,000 car, added a few bolt on parts, repainted it, and want how much!!!!! What a joke!!!

Carol needs to remove all the snakes, personally destroy them and send that car to the crusher!

All posts above - RIGHT ON! Reality TV. Can't believe Shelby will continue to let these guys market cars under his name. He had absolutely no input on this car. I totally agree with poster on the wing, if he wasn't up in age he would have ripped that thing off!

one point I saw CS touching it and just wanted to hear him say "get this shitty wing off" :hysterical2:

He did have that look on his face IMO. ;)

I am too old for these type of shows. No respect or class or tact. This is why I rarely watch TV.

I agree that the show was trying to copy Orange County Choppers in the dramma, yelling, fighting and what not.

The guy kept calling Carroll by his last name, and IMO that did not show respect for him. He also kept talking about their partnership with both there names on the dash plaque, and it just seemed like CS's name was being pimped. I could not feel any partnership.

It just did not feel right to me, and I think that is because I am in the older generation. The younger generation will love this car, and that is who it is appealing to. The younger generation also acts and speaks like these guys do. Most of the younger generation would fit right into these kind of shop antics.

Archived