TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Production

GT500-07

The dealers word won't get you a cup of coffee. I spoke with an engineer this weekend who has worked on the Ford GT and GT500 projects for years. He is a member of a family that I have known for many years. There is no secret here. Plain and simple. There will be an 09 GT500. Tell the dealer to save his 2 year contract crap for the next chump.

i was sharing my thoughts on this issue with people on the forum...if you want to consider that every person who bought this car "FACTORING IN what ford has said that it will run for two years" is a chump then this is rude .....plain and simple.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were 11,000 07s and at least 8,000 more 08s. That is nearly 20,000 cars. This is wildly out of the realm of rare, limited, or anything remotely close to being considered collectable. It doesn't matter now whether they make an 09 or not. The next top dog, fastest ever Mustang will soon be on the scene and the current GT500 will quitely take its place in the line of previous SE editions. Call me rude or anything else you care to but this is reality, plain and simple.

I can take this comment because it is logical, better than the chump thing.

"RUDE" is what I call the GM of Sunrise Ford In N Hollywood

when he chewed me out in the show room after I broke in

their 07 red GT500 coupe and would not bite on the rediculous

"30000 ADM"............. :headspin:

CLASSIC.......... :hysterical2::hysterical:

Please, i do not want to get into inflammatory arguments ...just a general question..is ford making the money they would like to in mass production that they are known to do very well, on 500 hp hand built engines in a package that is selling now for...(like in my case) 47060$.

BMW M3 try75000$, M6 90000$, corvette zo6 70000$, audi, benz in that league..in the 90k

so COMPARED to those car makers is ford really making money in that setup.

Please, i do not want to get into inflammatory arguments ...just a general question..is ford making the money they would like to in mass production that they are known to do very well, on 500 hp hand built engines in a package that is selling now for...(like in my case) 47060$.

BMW M3 try75000$, M6 90000$, corvette zo6 70000$, audi, benz in that league..in the 90k

Yes. :)

I would think that shelby has his share from ford's pie on the gt500 (that has to be factored in) . and i think non of them is getting a penny from the ADM. so probably ford after all is still making money on gt500 line but not the same other car makers are making for comparable packages.

The GT500 has the highest profit, per unit, of any car Ford makes. This is yet another reason why they will not cease production anytime soon.

:headscratch::headscratch:

And where did those facts originate from. What percentages are you using compared to the F-150 Lariat package?

HSURB

I would think that shelby has his share from ford's pie on the gt500 (that has to be factored in) . and i think non of them is getting a penny from the AMD. so probably ford after all is still making money on gt500 line but not the same other car makers are making for comparable packages.

"ADMs"=100% Profit only to the dealers for doing "DIDDLY SQUAT".

And Ford was able to set the MSRP low because it is Just a Upgrade

of the same design Mustang that has been coming down the line for

3+ years now......... :headspin:

I agree with most here that Ford likely makes money on the GT500, although I believe that Ford left some money on the table, based on the ADM on this car lasting far longer than usual. It is not uncommon for a new performance car to generate substantial ADM at launch time. However, this rarely last as long as it did with the GT500. To me, this shows that the car was underpriced (i.e that it's percieved value in the eyes of potential customers) was more than MSRP.

Had Ford priced the car a bit higher, the cost to the average buyer would have remained roughly the same; Ford would just have kept for itself some of the profit (ADM) that the dealers have made so far on this car. Considering Ford's financial results over the past couple of years, this would have been a wise decision for Ford's standpoint.

I agree with most here that Ford likely makes money on the GT500, although I believe that Ford left some money on the table, based on the ADM on this car lasting far longer than usual. It is not uncommon for a new performance car to generate substantial ADM at launch time. However, this rarely last as long as it did with the GT500. To me, this shows that the car was underpriced (i.e that it's percieved value in the eyes of potential customers) was more than MSRP.

Had Ford priced the car a bit higher, the cost to the average buyer would have remained roughly the same; Ford would just have kept for itself some of the profit (ADM) that the dealers have made so far on this car. Considering Ford's financial results over the past couple of years, this would have been a wise decision for Ford's standpoint.

But now you can see the competition Challenger coming in at a lower MSRP....... :headspin:

I have a friend that works as engineer at ford in dearborn told me once that even top ranks may not be able to know how much a car would cost to produce for sure, he told me about a project, part of it was how to squeeze dimes out of the cost of a car seat without compromise to the looks and quality.. he could be true about how tight those things are information wise even to people who work at ford. they know part of the picture enough to get the job done but who has the whole picture is handful elite few.

But now you can see the competition Challenger coming in at a lower MSRP....... :headspin:

You're right. And looking at the ADM on the initial 2008 Challenger SRT8 production run, maybe Chrysler left some money on the table too!

Because what you say is logical and falls into the possibility of GT350 for 2009

in order for ford to compete with challenger and (camaro that i do not think it will trump corvette hp wise and price wise) ford has to reduce the price of gt500 to well below sticker price..even low plans incentives will not help and GT500 will lose to corvette. or keep gt500 shiny with ..well who knows gt600 for the blue devil corvette and have the lines of mustang busy for the GT350 for 2009 against challenger and camaro.. they can have gt350 for a comparable price to those competetors and ford still makes money at the same time refreshes its GT350 history as a bench mark and keep gt500 loyals happy .

Am trying to use logic here no more.

The near future will be interesting with the muscle car wars it would

make sense for Ford to continue the GT500 run.

If they make the GT500 for 2010 with the new body style

you may see bargains on the 09s........

I remember left over 04 cobras at bargain prices because

everyone wanted the new 05 Mustang GT body style.

Do you think a challenger is against gt500 or possible gt350 for that ADM?

No!

There are to many diehard Dodge fans that will line up to buy one regardless of price, just like there were Ford fans lining up to buy the GT500. The same for the Camero when it comes out.

You have diehard Ford people, diehard Dodge people and diehard Chevy people. Way more people than cars available. They will all sell well and bring big ADM's at least for the first year.

The Challenger and Camero may not run as long as the GT500 did as far as bringing the kind of ADM's the GT500 did, but that is merely because the GT500 was suppose to be a limited run for two years only. Chevy and Dodge has clearly stated they plan to build these for many years. They have to in order to recoupe the cost of bringing these to market. But in the beginning the ADM's will be huge just like any new hot product that comes out.

their was a news release (detroit press?) over on blue oval news which said chally was to go between 70k-80k (include adm fees)...i dunno..thats not for me...but 1 thing can be said about the motor and parts (mopar) crowd is they are a very very loyal bunch...camaro owners seem to vacilate to some degree and i suspect camaro guys have swallowed hard the last few years and purchased a stang...especially since no camaro was available...

When the GT500 was debuted at Detroit in 05 or 06, they were saying at the show it was going to run 3 to 5 years then. It was only the end of this summer when I first heard about the 2 year run from another GT500 owner.

The new Camaro and Charger maybe priced under the GT500 but the last numbers I saw, they were still higher than the standard mustangs. That's part of what killed them 4-5 years ago. So GM and Chrysler may win in the initial release but over time Ford should still pull higher numbers. Also I see ADMs falling quick with the GT500s since Chrysler is not allowing them to mark up the Chargers.

How modifiable will these new comers be? One of the big benefits of mustang is everything you can do to it. With every one locking down their motors and covering them all up in plastic, is there going to be a lot that can be done with them?

When the GT500 was debuted at Detroit in 05 or 06, they were saying at the show it was going to run 3 to 5 years then. It was only the end of this summer when I first heard about the 2 year run from another GT500 owner.

The new Camaro and Charger maybe priced under the GT500 but the last numbers I saw, they were still higher than the standard mustangs. That's part of what killed them 4-5 years ago. So GM and Chrysler may win in the initial release but over time Ford should still pull higher numbers. Also I see ADMs falling quick with the GT500s since Chrysler is not allowing them to mark up the Chargers.

How modifiable will these new comers be? One of the big benefits of mustang is everything you can do to it. With every one locking down their motors and covering them all up in plastic, is there going to be a lot that can be done with them?

HUH??? First off, I never heard of anyone saying 3 to 5 years, ever! They always stated 2 year run, however there was one release in which they stated "build one unitl everyone who wants one gets one". Second, GM nor Chrysler will or can keep dealers from placing an ADM on the car.... sorry, but just like the GT500 it is all about supply and demand and if someone wants the car they put up or shut up, but you can plan on ADM's for both. Also, ADM on the GT500 has already been falling, nothing due to these cars coming out as most cars of this type are sold to enthusiasts, and rarely do they cross lines. Ford guys buy Mustangs, and GM guys buy Camero's. Birds of a feather stick together. Last, these new cars will be modified just as much as the Mustangs will be. Mopar has a huge desire to profit from these cars, as does GM. Lets not kid ourselves here, all these cars are cash cows for the OEM, expensive to some degree for the consumer, and will be check books for the aftermarket folks.

Ford has the need to apply cash incentives to just about vehicle they sell except the GT500. Do any of you guys honestly believe that they will terminate an offering that is obviously one of their best if not the best selling. What sense does that make? They will exploit the cars popularity to its very limit.

i see the lines like that: GT500 against corvette, GT350 against chally and camaro....ford lines up gt500 against chally and camaro=severe damage to ford,shelby image...they have to keep their top of the line polished.

so that leads to gt350 otherwise when they will introduce it...and yes they will still make money on it, will still keep their word, and loyal customers happy.

i am not :beatdeadhorse: a topic here, but i know that ford is excellent to gauge public points of view as well do their math to make profit, i have nothing to do with the second one , but as far as the first i hope with venting our feelings about it to persuade ford to stick to what they said....so if ford is reading those forums...please stick to what you have said it will pay off on the long run..end of it am out of here.

I was told by someone that helped develop the GT500, this was before they came out, that if I were going to buy one, wait until 2009 because ford was planning something very special for the mustang. Boss was mentioned with a bigger engine with more HP.

No disrespect but another " I was told" and maybe you were but the chances that the Boss will have a bigger and more HP motor than the GT500, not going to happen! The Boss, if it gets built, will be in the 300-400HP range. And nothing more special about the 09 if indeed it comes out as it is the same platform.

just to clarify, this is all speculation right? There haven't been any "official" announcements made from Ford or Shelby to address the 09 issue, right? You know- Crystal balls, secret insiders and tarot card readings aside...

My brother has a friend who's cousin dated this girl who is the daughter of the brother-in-law of ...hmmm who was I talking about? :hysterical:

:do what:

:beerchug:

Im just playin...I think these little convos give any Ford execs good ideas, since I don't think even they know what the heck is going on. It would have been leaked by now if that were the case.

Archived