TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Production

GT500-07

i would agree shelbys from 09 onward..with the amount of adm (think $$$$$$) some were willing to pay and the foot traffic generated in dealerships..the dealerships would be screaming at ford if the 500 died after 08..i seriously doubt it will die in 08....btw..i would bet gt 350's sitting next gt 500's before long..too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$ at stake..unless ford and shelby is stupid..always a possibility-especially ford

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but I am lol'ing at those "mad" that more and more people can afford them. This car is not rare. This car is not exclusive. 1 in 8 2007 V8 powered Mustangs is a GT500. That's rare? At the end of 08 they will equal or exceed 03/04 Cobra total production which I see daily. 18.5ish k terminators out there, will be far more GT500's.

You just need to deal with it. If you paid ADM, you got SHORT TERM exclusivity. That time is over. Looks like you need to find another car if you "need" that.

I can not believe the comments and posts here of late. It is like a circle of the same thoughts. So many posts, so many threads. And yet, we still talk about ADM's, and what a dealer should know, and what Ford should do, and if an 09 will be made. Bottom line, all of this is what it is, the ADM's the dealers are what they are, but there is still NO proof that there will be an 09 GT500. As many keep stating, Amy did NOT state this, her words were taken out of context. However, do I think an 09 will be built... well lets just say I think it is more than a 50-50 chance that it will. But everything does and can change, very quickly, and until Ford announces they are building an 09, everyone should just sit still and wait it out. Just my .02

No offense? What other purpose would there be for a post like that?

+1

The point is some of us find it offensive that early owners are such elitists and don't think other people have a right to own the car, FOR LESS. The point is the car is not rare, and there is no reason to mislead people to thinking it is. GT500 production will exceed 03/04 Cobra production this year. I would imagine it will be up to 25,000 units by the end of MY2009. This is a GOOD THING. I couldn't care less how many are made. The more the merrier. Cheaper parts, cheaper mods, it just gets better the MORE there are. A true Mustang enthusiast loves to see other Mustangs on the road. A snob does not. I am amazed that people's enjoyment of the car is affected by "exclusivity". I am also amazed that people truly felt this would be "limited production". Ford stated from THE BEGINNING that they'd build " as many as there are people who want one. ".

If you require a vehicle that most people could never have for your self esteem, get an Enzo. A Mustang is a working mans car.

i agree totally..so they got suckered into paying 20k over to a worthless dealer..and now they are crying due to the rest of us who waited get one (read did-not get suckered)..typical...just like the boss 302 guys.oh yea its worth 70K and ill throw in the 2 55 gallon barrels of rust that is originl rust to the car..simply amazes me the audacity of some people..guess it keeps the world interesting....if everybody else is doing it..you probably should walk the other way..

I said a long time ago... Ford will build one for everyone that wants one. Its a great time. GT500's for all....................

The point is some of us find it offensive that early owners are such elitists and don't think other people have a right to own the car, FOR LESS. The point is the car is not rare, and there is no reason to mislead people to thinking it is. GT500 production will exceed 03/04 Cobra production this year. I would imagine it will be up to 25,000 units by the end of MY2009. This is a GOOD THING. I couldn't care less how many are made. The more the merrier. Cheaper parts, cheaper mods, it just gets better the MORE there are. A true Mustang enthusiast loves to see other Mustangs on the road. A snob does not. I am amazed that people's enjoyment of the car is affected by "exclusivity". I am also amazed that people truly felt this would be "limited production". Ford stated from THE BEGINNING that they'd build " as many as there are people who want one. ".

If you require a vehicle that most people could never have for your self esteem, get an Enzo. A Mustang is a working mans car.

Ford stressed how they were going to only make 8k to 10k for 2 to 3 years at the shows, and how they were going to be highly collectible because of it. Isn't advertising grand! I'll tell you what ever you want to get your name on the line. And Ford may have been planning on only doing the short run run but after all the success they changed their mind, which from a business point of view, I don't blame them.

I can't find which forum this was posted in, but here is Steve Saleen talking about the 09 and its specs.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/...-on-09-mustang/

Amy may have been taken out of context but I think this is pretty black and white.

Correct me if I heard wrong, but from what I heard was there were going to be some small changes to the MY09, but a full redesign for MY10.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/ar...cle_id_int/2385

And there are still Saleen packages for the new cars so he must being doing something with the company.

http://www.topix.com/autos/ford-mustang/20...th-latest-stang

Correct me if I heard wrong, but from what I heard was there were going to be some small changes to the MY09, but a full redesign for MY10.

http://www.autobytel.com/content/shared/ar...cle_id_int/2385

And there are still Saleen packages for the new cars so he must being doing something with the company.

http://www.topix.com/autos/ford-mustang/20...th-latest-stang

My understanding is a "small" face lift of sorts for 09, then a larger redesing for 10. The link you posted is an artists rendering of what might be coming, but I really think it will be less than that as i do not see them changing the face or grill that much, more so not to make the average Stang look like a Shelby GT500 front end. Similar styling cues.

Chinese cars, can't wait. They won't even need a dealer network. Walmart can can sell them along with all their all their other throw away junk. This is great, you go to Walmart, pick up a $29 DVD player, Vacupak Bologna, and a new car!

Truth! And don't forget the lead paint on these babies! :nonono:

The problem is, you get what you pay for....but now it's even harder to find quality product in the U.S. for that very same reason! Just thought I would derail the thread a bit... :hysterical:

Chinese cars, can't wait. They won't even need a dealer network. Walmart can can sell them along with all their all their other throw away junk. This is great, you go to Walmart, pick up a $29 DVD player, Vacupak Bologna, and a new car!

That wal-mart crack was hilarious. :hysterical: Also very true.

I think the big issue surrounding the GT500 is the percieved value both present and future. Some people bought into the concept that this car would be limited and exclusive and that it will increase in value in the future. One thing my dad always told me when I was a kid: "Something is worth only as much as someone else is willing to pay for it". I cannot stress enough how true this statement really is.

Going back to the debate of how the 09 is going to destroy the future value.

First off let me just say this:

If you bought the car as an investment your a fool. Simply put and very blunt. Automobiles are the worst investment that I could possibly think of. 99% of all cars lose value over time.

Second, who are you kidding. They produced over 20,000 units of these cars. What you think there is some significant difference between 20,000 and 30,000 cars? If anything it allows some people a chance to buy a nice car.

You want a rare exclusive type of car buy a Saleen S7, or a Ferrari Enzo. Unless you live in LA or NYC, your pretty much assured to be the only guy in town with one. Actually my buddy just bought a Silver Saleen S7 TT (very nice car).

Those that paid a high ADM are going to be a bit upset that they paid a premium for a car that others are getting much cheaper. That is the price you pay when you have to be first. Not to say that all people will regret spending the extra cash. They got to enjoy their car a bit longer etc.

The lawsuit against Ford is rediculous. Although I have seen some pretty stupid lawsuits, but this one would be very hard to win. Ford didnt make an ADM, they made a product and their dealers jacked up the price. Ford would of had to have a written contract promising not to extend production to even consider this.

Bottom line is enjoy the car, those that waited will be rewarded. Those that jumped early get to enjoy their car a bit earlier.

Just think, in 2010 we can start this chat all over again. :hysterical:

Maybe just cut and paste the same posts and just tweak the years a tad. :hysterical2:

Carry on. :)

Nah, everyone knows the 2007-2009's were the REAL new-school Shelby GT500's. Those jokers who buy the 2010's will be buying nothing more than a Mustang with Shelby badging on it.

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Just think, in 2010 we can start this chat all over again. :hysterical:

Maybe just cut and paste the same posts and just tweak the years a tad. :hysterical2:

Carry on. :)

Caroll Shelby is 85 (soon), Gas is $4.00 gallon, Ford in finachaial difficulty and cutting back production, and the car served its purpose by generating much interest in the Mustang Brand Name (I am thinking this is not a proffitable car for Ford)

All these issues are somwhat reminisent of the early 70's and the death of the muscle car. Don't bet on an 09.. by yours this year!

Does anyone else feel like they're stuck in a endless tornado like dorothy and toto?

:headspin:

I was caught up in this tornado for a while crying that ford f'd us but I am so over it now! It is what it is just enjoy the f'n car AND GET OVER IT!!!

hahahahah I thought you said Semi-Retarded

:hysterical2:

There's 6 kinds of Mustangs out now, Saleem, Mr P. Jones, Rousch, Shelby, Foose-Oh I forget Ford has #1 too. Dudes the brand is waterd down! Your letting the dealers rip you off, if your paying way over MSRP!!! :snake:

There's 6 kinds of Mustangs out now, Saleem, Mr P. Jones, Rousch, Shelby, Foose-Oh I forget Ford has #1 too. Dudes the brand is waterd down! Your letting the dealers rip you off, if your paying way over MSRP!!! :snake:

Saleem? Must be pretty rare cause I've never even heard of that Mustang before :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Mike

Archived