TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 GT500 Production

GT500-07

This car is as hot as fire and is the only car Ford makes that can sell for sticker. There is no way they cancell this thing, no chance.

That is incorrect!

Ford has several cars that sell for sticker and more.

The Escape Hybrid sells for sticker and for as much as $10K over sticker in some areas. Many areas are getting $5K over and most are getting sticker. Mainly because these are harder to get than a GT500 because there is a major shortage on these. Last time I checked there was less than 400 in the country and they were all 08's.

The Fusion and Edge is bringing sticker in a lot of areas and some dealers were getting $3K over sticker for the Fusion.

There are many times when we do sell a vehicle for sticker. We sell a lot of Focus for sticker as well. Mainly because there is no mark up in them to begib with. A fully loaded $20K Focus has about a $1,000 mark up.

Now would YOU pay sticker for any other Ford besides the GT500? Probably not. Neither would I. But that doesn't mean no one would or that no other Ford can be sold for sticker. All models are sold sold at sticker from time to time.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome Back Five Oh... you wisdom and insight have been missed by us all... Glad to see you back on board and posting..

I have seen 2 on the road since the 07's have come out... In my normal day to day driving which is 60miles round trip each day to work.

That is 2 cars in 12 months. I suspect after the 08's I may only see 4 - 5 GT500's running around town, in a 12 month period and If FORD were to build 09's it wouldnt make it to where id see one on the road everyday ( execpt the one i will be driving) or see several in a single day. I probably see 10 Mustang V6 or GT's everyday driving to work. Just FYI I live in the Dallas / Ft worth area so Its not like im in a small city.

IMO I still think it would be a rare site to see one in normal daily driving and it will still Turn peoples heads even if they built a 2009 model GT500. :happy feet: :happy feet:

I wont touch the ADM issue, there is a thread for that :banghead::banghead:

There are 6 in my town and we are a small town of about 100K population. I have never seen one of the other 5 on the road yet.

I did see about 6 or 7 that was at a local mustang show in June, and I know at least two of those are local people that own them. Other than that I have never seen one on the road other than mine. I see LOTS of V6 and GT mustangs all the time and a few Saleens and several Roush, but never seen a GT500 yet even though there is at least 6 in town that I know of. Mine being one of them.

I honestly believe the ONLY reason the ADM's brought the $15K + money was because people were lead to believe there would only be approx 8K made per year for TWO years ONLY!

How many buyers here paid $15K or more over MSRP would have waited and held out to get a better deal had they known Ford would continue to build this year after year for as long as they could keep selling them???? Of those that paid the $15K + ADM, who would have still paid that if they knew Ford was going to keep building these for more than two years?

I'm one of those that the MSRP folks love to hate. I paid an ADM back in March, $13,800. Regardless of the number of cars produced in 07 or the number of years that they were going to produce the GT500, I would have still paid an ADM to get an 07 model year. Speculating how much of an ADM I would have paid under those conditions would depend upon the market forces, but I would own an 07 GT500. If we got down to the wire and it took $15,000 to get one of the last ones, it would be in my garage.

Congratulations to all those that got or will get their cars at or below MSRP. This car for the money, is a steal and the best value in town. Even with a $15,000 ADM.

I get a kick out of threads like this. First of all there's too much gnashing of teeth based on SPECULATION, RUMOR, and HEARSAY! Why not sit back, relax and wait for an official announcement from Ford. While waiting you can watch a ball game, wash and wax your GT500 or even, dare I suggest, go and drive it. One camp is bitter because it paid a huge ADM on a speculative purchase and now it senses that the car may not bring $400K at Barrett-Jackson 2047. Looks like a future of Spam and Bumblebee tuna for these folks instead of filet and caviar. The other camp wants Ford to build them as fast as they can so they can purchase at MSRP. I suspect that as soon as MSRP is common, people will want 0% financing for 72 months, a $5000 rebate and invoice pricing so they can get theirs for $35K. Then those folks will want production to cease, will start looking for wrecked GT500 notices so they can deduct the number on the road.

I'm just glad I have mine. I plan to give it my son way into the future just as soon as the state takes my driving license because I'm too feeble to drive.

I get a kick out of threads like this. First of all there's too much gnashing of teeth based on SPECULATION, RUMOR, and HEARSAY! Why not sit back, relax and wait for an official announcement from Ford. While waiting you can watch a ball game, wash and wax your GT500 or even, dare I suggest, go and drive it. One camp is bitter because it paid a huge ADM on a speculative purchase and now it senses that the car may not bring $400K at Barrett-Jackson 2047. Looks like a future of Spam and Bumblebee tuna for these folks instead of filet and caviar. The other camp wants Ford to build them as fast as they can so they can purchase at MSRP. I suspect that as soon as MSRP is common, people will want 0% financing for 72 months, a $5000 rebate and invoice pricing so they can get theirs for $35K. Then those folks will want production to cease, will start looking for wrecked GT500 notices so they can deduct the number on the road.

I'm just glad I have mine. I plan to give it my son way into the future just as soon as the state takes my driving license because I'm too feeble to drive.

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Good post!

There are 6 in my town and we are a small town of about 100K population. I have never seen one of the other 5 on the road yet.

I did see about 6 or 7 that was at a local mustang show in June, and I know at least two of those are local people that own them. Other than that I have never seen one on the road other than mine. I see LOTS of V6 and GT mustangs all the time and a few Saleens and several Roush, but never seen a GT500 yet even though there is at least 6 in town that I know of. Mine being one of them.

My wife and I took our '07 GT500 on a trip from Missoula, MT to Seattle and back, put on over 1100 miles, and did not see one other GT500 on the road. We got back a week ago yesterday. The only other GT500's we saw were at a car show in Paterson, Washington, two GT500 convertibles, both red. One of them still had all the plastic covering the seats and all the stickers that would normally be removed during the PDI. I was really surprised we did not see any others being driven, the weather was actually pretty good, so I was sure we'd see at least a couple running around.

My wife and I took our '07 GT500 on a trip from Missoula, MT to Seattle and back, put on over 1100 miles, and did not see one other GT500 on the road. We got back a week ago yesterday. The only other GT500's we saw were at a car show in Paterson, Washington, two GT500 convertibles, both red. One of them still had all the plastic covering the seats and all the stickers that would normally be removed during the PDI. I was really surprised we did not see any others being driven, the weather was actually pretty good, so I was sure we'd see at least a couple running around.

You just didn't come far enough south! In Portland, you'd have seen Grabber and me!

I go through Missoula about once a year, back to visit family and friends all over the state. I'm really hoping to drive my new '08 Alloy GT 500 next summer, I have some old friends dying to see it. I love Missoula, graduated from UM in '92. I love Portland more, but if I were to ever end up in MT again, Missoula would be the place!

Well said by all!

Josh and I live in a town of 150k and there are probably 8 to 12 GT500s in our city. The only one I EVER see on the road is Josh's and that's only if I call him and tell him to meet me somewhere. I've never even seen him just driving around even though like me he drives it often. Since they started shipping GT500s, I have seen two on the road. One Alloy vert and one red with white stripes that had Iowa plates. The only other ones I have seen were at a car show (3) and another forum members garage (Blackvert).

They are still, and will continue to be, a rare sight indeed. :shades:

As far as the price, there's really no point belaboring it. If you want one, pay the current market price and you won't be disappointed. If you don't think it's worth what the current market dictates or you can't yet afford it, wait and hope for prices to come down or save some more so you can afford one. :shrug:

You just didn't come far enough south! In Portland, you'd have seen Grabber and me!

I go through Missoula about once a year, back to visit family and friends all over the state. I'm really hoping to drive my new '08 Alloy GT 500 next summer, I have some old friends dying to see it. I love Missoula, graduated from UM in '92. I love Portland more, but if I were to ever end up in MT again, Missoula would be the place!

You're a UofM alumnus! Do you still follow the Griz?

If you come through town in your GT500 you should call me, we'll go have a beer and toast the Griz and GT500's!

You're a UofM alumnus! Do you still follow the Griz?

If you come through town in your GT500 you should call me, we'll go have a beer and toast the Griz and GT500's!

I mostly rely on my Dad to keep me up to date on how the Griz are doing, even at 78 he still makes the drive down from Great Falls frequently to catch the games in person. My Dad would have been an alum as well, but the Korean War interfered and he became a Navy man instead.

I'll definitely let you know the next time I'm coming through! I have many fond memories of so many different bars in Missoula; The Rhino, Jay's Upstairs, Buck's Club... I remember a lot of burning rubber on the streets around Buck's, and the big haired women in tight pants.

And milkshakes at the Big Sky Drive-In! All right, memory lane is closed, back to work...

I mostly rely on my Dad to keep me up to date on how the Griz are doing, even at 78 he still makes the drive down from Great Falls frequently to catch the games in person. My Dad would have been an alum as well, but the Korean War interfered and he became a Navy man instead.

I'll definitely let you know the next time I'm coming through! I have many fond memories of so many different bars in Missoula; The Rhino, Jay's Upstairs, Buck's Club... I remember a lot of burning rubber on the streets around Buck's, and the big haired women in tight pants.

And milkshakes at the Big Sky Drive-In! All right, memory lane is closed, back to work...

I was going to get a GT500 Vert. My order went though! Once I heard about the GT500 being another year or so! I cancell, I say to FORD, keep it! I just order a new Chevy Vette Vert... Anyone who pay over MRSP got screwed and the dealers did not tell the truth, 2 years only-RIGHT!

I was going to get a GT500 Vert. My order went though! Once I heard about the GT500 being another year or so! I cancell, I say to FORD, keep it! I just order a new Chevy Vette Vert... Anyone who pay over MRSP got screwed and the dealers did not tell the truth, 2 years only-RIGHT!

JC8, just in case you didn't read my response to your nearly identical post elsewhere, here it is again...

It is not the dealers that "did not tell the truth." We were specifically told 2007-8 by Ford, so that's what we've been communicating to customers for the past three years. Geez, it's not like we're all scumbags that lie and cheat to make sales and bump up prices. Some of us are actually decent human beings with integrity and an enthusiasm for Mustangs.

Oh, and by the way, it's a good thing you switched to a Corvette. I heard Chevy is only making them for one more year :doh:

JC8, just in case you didn't read my response to your nearly identical post elsewhere, here it is again...

It is not the dealers that "did not tell the truth." We were specifically told 2007-8 by Ford, so that's what we've been communicating to customers for the past three years. Geez, it's not like we're all scumbags that lie and cheat to make sales and bump up prices. Some of us are actually decent human beings with integrity and an enthusiasm for Mustangs.

Oh, and by the way, it's a good thing you switched to a Corvette. I heard Chevy is only making them for one more year :doh:

Only one more year on the Vette, crap. You're not fibbing are you Five Oh. :hysterical2:

I find it amazing that all dealers are put in the same catagory. I love my dealer. :happy feet:

Thanks for plumbing me up.

I was worried about you! :)

Bottomline: having a 2009, 2010 WILL bring the GT500 prices down! That Sucks-PERIOD!

+1

No I am not a dealer or even connected to one but when ALL the dealers are quoting the same thing, including the dealers that have only sold at MSRP then for me it stands to reason that they were all given the same info by the same source......FORD and for whatever reason this may change it has nothing to do with dealers or with ADM's

I still say, nothing from Ford yet, so all of this is still rumor and conjecture. Now, not like I will care much of an 09 does come out, and there is a good chance, but all I have read thus far comes from either old news, way old, or comments taken out of context. I still believe that Ford will end after 08, just to deliver some other Mustang options, lime the Bullit, the Boss, the GT350... so many options, and call them what you will, but ONE of them will become the direct competition for the Camero. It will not be the GT500 for so many reasons, I care not to list. So, bottom line, lets not get our undies in a bunch and just wait to see what Ford prints. I think they know all we do and more, as well there is an amount of anticipation! I firmly feel they have a plan, after all, this is the rebirth of the pony wars!

My guess is that they will build 08 GT500's through May of 08 and then work on the re-designed GT500 for an early release in January of 09 as the 2010 GT600. Federal law allows a NEW 2010 model to be released as early as January of 2009. If it is the same model, a 2010 can not be introduced until June of 2009. We will be seeing the Camaro and Challenger as 2010 models I believe.

Dan, you really need to throw in the towel and accept the fact that the GT500 is going to be an ongoing model, well beyond 08. This is actually a very good thing for the Mustang enthusiast community over the years to come.

Doc, not that I can not accept it, just not until announced as such. And I agree the Shelby line will be around, just not to sure about the GT500 and if it is, surely it will remain top dog just to keep the rest of the pack moving. Is is all good, and I am not against anything Mustang related and still contend, anyone owning the 07, 08 or (09?) will still have the first series of cars that started the pony wars, and regardless will always be known as such.

Can someone please post a scanned official document from Ford that states 2 years only? I've heard many of you say that they officially claimed this, but I have yet to see the exact words on Ford letterhead. Perhaps you heard it in a Ford telecon, in which case you cannot scan...but I'd like to see something if possible. I'm not questioning anyone's truthfulness....just trying to reconcile the different statements.

Thanks,

Dave

Can someone please post a scanned official document from Ford that states 2 years only? I've heard many of you say that they officially claimed this, but I have yet to see the exact words on Ford letterhead. Perhaps you heard it in a Ford telecon, in which case you cannot scan...but I'd like to see something if possible. I'm not questioning anyone's truthfulness....just trying to reconcile the different statements.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

Best bet is to go back and read any of the dozens of posts by ShelbyDude as he being a dealer has stated several times with fact. However, he as the rest of us are not arguing there will not be an 09, just that there was much info originally stating a two year limited run. Matter of fact there are several other dealers employees as well SVT ties on this forum who has stated the same. Who knows, not me, but there is more "official" data from Ford stating a two year run, than there is anything stating an 09 thus far. Just my .02

Thanks,

Dave

I have the signed contract for 2007-8 GT500's that we sent back to Ford a couple years ago. I cannot scan and post it as that would get me in trouble with Ford. However, stop by my office sometime to say "hi," and I'll gladly show it to you. It does not say GT500 production will only be 2007-8, but no mention of GT500's beyond that is mentioned. Worth noting, there is a warning that the dealers choosing to NOT participate in selling 2007-8 GT500's would be ineligible to sell SVT products until the 2009 model year ("SVT products" is a very vague description, but they sure didn't specify GT500's). I have always inferred from that, like many other dealers I'm sure, that the GT500 may be replaced with something else from SVT in 2009, although in retrospect, I suppose it could have been construed to mean there would be additional SVT products to sell in 2009 beyond just the GT500.

Again, while Ford certainly reserves the right to continue building GT500's indefinitely (with Shelby's permission), there is nothing hardfast in writing yet to know for sure. Heck, we're just starting to get facts about the upcoming 2008.5 Mustang Bullitt GT, and it won't be unveiled officially until the LA Auto Show in a few weeks, even though production of the new Bullitt starts on December 2nd! How's that for waiting until the last minute to show your cards?!?!

I've always known that us dealers are the last to know anything in the Ford world. That's why I keep coming around forums like these.

Only one more year on the Vette, crap. You're not fibbing are you Five Oh. :hysterical2:

I trust you all know I was kidding - just being sarcastic. The Corvette will be around a long time, as will the Mustang. Both are just too important as icons for their respective manufacturers. JC8 just wound me up. He/she obviously is not a faithful Mustang guy like many of us. As much as I can appreciate what a fine automobile the Corvette has become, I would never go to the darkside just because Ford is building a few extra GT500's.

I trust you all know I was kidding - just being sarcastic. The Corvette will be around a long time, as will the Mustang. Both are just too important as icons for their respective manufacturers. JC8 just wound me up. He/she obviously is not a faithful Mustang guy like many of us. As much as I can appreciate what a fine automobile the Corvette has become, I would never go to the darkside just because Ford is building a few extra GT500's.

I just wanted a limited edition GT500, I was told like you folks 2 years thats all, I waited over 9 months to get! A vert even more limited to get. Now with the 09ies this was not true!!!. I got a loaded down 2008 Vette Vert. sticker $67,370 for $57,000.00, I got it $10,370.00 below MSRP, 436 HP Jetstream blue. I like the A6-paddles with the Vette. Faithful-right! My first new ride years ago was a Mustang, as stated before I wanted a limited edition Stang...I really feel sad for all you's, paying up to 30K over MSRP! I hate of the thought of being rip off... You will never get that money back, your dealers screw you all over, backing there wallets. I like idea of paying below MSRP than over!

I just wanted a limited edition GT500, I was told like you folks 2 years thats all, I waited over 9 months to get! A vert even more limited to get. Now with the 09ies this was not true!!!. I got a loaded down 2008 Vette Vert. sticker $67,370 for $57,000.00, I got it $10,370.00 below MSRP, 436 HP Jetstream blue. I like the A6-paddles with the Vette. Faithful-right! My first new ride years ago was a Mustang, as stated before I wanted a limited edition Stang...I really feel sad for all you's, paying up to 30K over MSRP! I hate of the thought of being rip off... You will never get that money back, your dealers screw you all over, backing there wallets. I like idea of paying below MSRP than over!

For someone who is obviously happy with your new Corvette, shouldn't you be spending some time bonding with other fellow Vette owners at Vette forums? As you've switched to the dark side and never have any plans of buying or enjoying a GT500, then I am amazed that you'd still want to lurk around these forums. Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to stay and hang around, but if you're just gonna sit here and bash GT500 buyers for paying too much and GT500 sellers for charging too much, then you really don't have anything constructive to contribute here.

For someone who is obviously happy with your new Corvette, shouldn't you be spending some time bonding with other fellow Vette owners at Vette forums? As you've switched to the dark side and never have any plans of buying or enjoying a GT500, then I am amazed that you'd still want to lurk around these forums. Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to stay and hang around, but if you're just gonna sit here and bash GT500 buyers for paying too much and GT500 sellers for charging too much, then you really don't have anything constructive to contribute here.

Your taking it all wrong! Not a bash but the truth! I still dig the ride but not the way Ford and its dealers handle the whole thing! :banghead:

I paid 5k over and have been driving my Gt500 Convertible and love it. :happy feet:

Keep your Vette. One reason you got it below MSRP is THEY ARE NOT SELLING WELL! :hysterical:

As I have said before; Carroll Shelby and Ford publicly announced they would make about 50,000 Shelby vehicles. There was no mention of what limitations on models or years. :redcard: NO ONE LIED! 10,000 plus people heard him say 50,000 vehicles. Maybe you should have done some research first. :finger:

GM pumps out Vettes to meet demand without any concern about future value. Where is your exclusive Vette? One of how many?

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Archived