TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Chance to buy an 08

howlingjay

I can get an 08 for $5000 over MSRP. Is this the best deal everyony thinks I can find? It started at 20 over a few weeks ago and I have worked them down to 5. Thanks for your opinions.

So far that's the best deal I could find and that's what mine is on order for at 5k over.

I've been lokking for over 2 years now and either I'm doing something wrong or I just have really bad luck.. :banghead:

So far that's the best deal I could find and that's what mine is on order for at 5k over.

I've been lokking for over 2 years now and either I'm doing something wrong or I just have really bad luck.. :banghead:

+1 I ordered mine the way i wanted it for 5K over will be here sometime before Thanksgiving.

5K is a good deal, some have been able to get lower with a little more hard work and some luck along

the way... It is all up to what you are willing to pay....

I thought 5K over was good to get a car before the end of the year.. If i were going to get one toward the

end of the 08 run i would have kept looking for an ADM less than 5K.

Good Luck to you...

I ordered mine last week for 5K over. I searched high and low to get that deal. I see the occasional post for something less than 5K, but not many. Every dealer I contacted here in Colorado still wanted 20K over. I found my deal at a rural dealer out of state. He sells mostly trucks and I just asked him to give me a call if he got an allocation for an 08 Shelby. Well he called last week and the offer was 5K over. I jumped at it!!

Good luck with your decision.

Isn't every thing more expensive in California ?

Just to give you an idea of the stuff that I have had to deal with, I've had mine on order since 6-5-07. Just last week I was called by several dealers that I had left inquires with on a GT500.

25k ADM

30K ADM

15K ADM

34K ADM

This is just a recent example. One had the balls to tell me that I would never find a GT500 for MSRP or even close because it's a rare car and no one is selling them for MSRP. Then they wanted to know if I wanted to place a order for 15K over or take an '07 for 10K over that isn't even close to what I want.

Sorry I know this should be posted in the ADM thread but he asked. ;)

Kearny Mesa Ford ( San Diego ) sold a Black/Alloy 2008 for $3.5k over on Monday. I passed on the car last Friday for that price. Not worth it. For what you get the car is priced right at MSRP.

You have to go in to these places as a serious buyer. Calling doesn't work. If you call, you aren't a serious buyer and they'll just say some $20k over BS.

Kearny Mesa Ford ( San Diego ) sold a Black/Alloy 2008 for $3.5k over on Monday. I passed on the car last Friday for that price. Not worth it. For what you get the car is priced right at MSRP.

You have to go in to these places as a serious buyer. Calling doesn't work. If you call, you aren't a serious buyer and they'll just say some $20k over BS.

If you were given a choice, which would you take if it were FREE?

The Shelby GT500 or the Saleen 450 HP or a stage III Roush?

Well I can't go into dealers that are hundreds of miles from my house. I'm serious and have cash in hand. So thanks for playing. :censored:

So then you are saying given a choice you would take the GT500 which would make this car a bargain compared to how much more the other two sell for which is a lot more than what MSRP is for a GT500.

The fact that Roush and Saleen are overpriced doesn't make the GT500 a "good deal" when over MSRP. I view the GT500 as an evolution of the terminator platform, which was mid 30's MSRP. Low 40's is what it's worth. I don't buy $250 blue jeans but they're out there....

The fact that Roush and Saleen are overpriced doesn't make the GT500 a "good deal" when over MSRP. I view the GT500 as an evolution of the terminator platform, which was mid 30's MSRP. Low 40's is what it's worth. I don't buy $250 blue jeans but they're out there....

So the guy who bought the over priced 68 gt 500 at about $4500 and now sells for $100,000 and up was a fool? Im not saying these will go up for sure in value but products are worth what the market will bare not what the parts its made with are valued at.

So the guy who bought the over priced 68 gt 500 at about $4500 and now sells for $100,000 and up was a fool? Im not saying these will go up for sure in value but products are worth what the market will bare not what the parts its made with are valued at.

For you. I base my purchases on what I get for my money. Cars are not investments for me.

:lastyear: Does it ever end? Amazing, this subject, it goes from what is fair? To those who chime in and don't really care for the car.

Bottom line, the ADM is a personal issue. These cars run from MSRP to 30-50K over. There have been guys in each group, and all are happy. It comes down to what YOU think the car is worse, what you can afford, and how bad you want it. I would not have paid an ADM, not because I do not love the car, nor because I do not think the car is worth it, it came down to principal with me, end of story. I hunted for 2 years, and finally got the deal I wanted, on my terms, and ordered my way. Anything less and I would have walked. So what I am saying is set your own standards and stick with them. That is the only game, and if followed, you will sleep at night and drive your dream car.

And that is my .02

Archived