TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Certificate

Grabber

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the color thing sucks!

There no reason why these cars shoiuld not be called what they actually are colorwise. I think that's a really big screw-up -- I'd complain (seriously) and request a "correction." This is just wrong!

These cetificates are supposed to be accurate and provide historical provenance that documents the build. That should specifically record the actual color by name or code# (or both)... they just screwed up and should correct it. It's the right thing to do, imo.

It just seems so helter-skelter too. Why is white called Performance White, but Grabber Orange just orange and Vista Blue just blue. Will Vapor be called silver? Alloy, dark gray? Ebony, just black? If so, why call it something different int he catalog in the first place.

This also flies completel in the face of Ford's major corporate push to emphasize color -- not only new physical colors but the corporate push to make the names evoke connections ..to food, flavors, the natural world. So the left hand is pushing in one direction and the right hand is substituting one-word color approximations?

:nonono: this is a pure and simple screw-up and needs to be corrected. imo. Ford Motor Company is better than this -- this reeks of a lack of attention to detail, flies in the face of Corporate color emphasis and is plain insulting ...and should be brought to the attention of Ford management and corrected. :rant:

Btw, did I mention that I don't like it one bit? :hysterical2:

Got mine yesterday and it says Ebony.

Lets get a ruling on this... where's Snoop??

:dog:

He's on a fairy full of Minies crossing the James river going to a Mini event. We are gonna have to wait for the ruling.

I don't see the certs changing, but it is worth asking why did they did it that way. Why call some of the cars by there exact color, and why did they short cut some of the names.

Actually, it's the other way around. Being white was the most popular. Hey, I'm just happy I have a certificate. I think most people bought white because of the retro thing, and the people that bought orange rode on the little bus :hysterical2: just kidding

I have always been a fan of the White with Blue stripes, if they all came that way it would be OK with me

The GO guys did good, it is an awesome looking color and I'm sure you'll be able to get over the slower color thing at some point

:hysterical2:

all kidding aside, it is kind of odd that they didn't use the actual color name

This is how they should look!!!

CopyofSVTBuildCertificate.jpg

I agree.

Now how hard could that of been ?

I wonder if a true Shelby / SVT guy typed them up, or if a clerk or admin did them ?

A true Mustang / Shelby fanatic would NOT of missed this detail on our certs.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout :)

...so if I'm reading right:

Performance White(<-Performance White <lol>) = Performance White

Ebony = Ebony

Grabber Orange = Orange

Vist Blue = Blue

Torch Red = Red

Alloy Clearcoat Metalic = Alloy

Tungsten = (I'm betting Tungsten)

...so ONLY Performance White is properly named on the certificates intended to document the build :doh:

Ford can easily fix this starting right now for all future certificates, and then go back and re-issue the erroneous documents. Reprinting and mailing a few hundred certificates won't break the bank and the PR would be enormous. Or, possibly better, they could do it for anyone who asks (and add even more cachet! <lol>).

They may choose not to do it, but at least it will be with the knowledge they screwed-up (or have some cogent explanation <lol>) and that it matters to some customers.

I agree.

Now how hard could that of been ?

I wonder if a true Shelby / SVT guy typed them up, or if a clerk or admin did them ?

the guy that used to type them up now works for SRT.... lol

I added the FoMoCo logo to complete the true enthusiast's look

post-7146-1191778909_thumb.jpg

post-7146-1191778909_thumb.jpg

I finally received my certificate yesterday, and I can confirm that the certificate only says "Alloy." I guess "Alloy" for "Alloy Clearcoat Metallic" isn't as heinous as "Orange" instead of "Grabber Orange," but still...for $45 I expect a decent product, not something that looks like it was done by an intern on his first day! :banghead:

I haven't ordered mine yet. I too have been waiting for them to call me back. :waiting: Wonder why they took the time to take everyones info if they weren't planning to call when they became available. Oh well, I'll wait to see what comes of the color thing before ordering. I don't want my order dropped due to a rev change on the certificate.

I heard they outsourced it to a company in China. They saved $0.03 per cert, that's over $300 saved over the entire run!! Hey, Ford needs every penny it can get.

Just watch out for the lead ink... don't lick the certificate.

How much are these again and where do we get one...I guess if everyone has one I should get one to stuff away in my Shelby junk for some fool in 2067 who finds the car locked away in some barn, and has no idea what gasoline is to try and start the car. :banghead:

Call SVT - $45.

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout :)

...so if I'm reading right:

Performance White(<-Performance White <lol>) = Performance White

Ebony = Ebony

Grabber Orange = Orange

Vist Blue = Blue

Torch Red = Red

Alloy = ? (I'm betting Alloy)

Tungsten = (I'm betting Tungsten)

...so ONLY Performance White is properly named on the certificates intended to document the build :doh:

Ford can easily fix this starting right now for all future certificates, and then go back and re-issue the erroneous documents. Reprinting and mailing a few hundred certificates won't break the bank and the PR would be enormous. Or, possibly better, they could do it for anyone who asks (and add even more cachet! <lol>).

They may choose not to do it, but at least it will be with the knowledge they screwed-up (or have some cogent explanation <lol>) and that it matters to some customers.

Probably because they used (what else) A Performance White GT500 on the certificate. :stirpot:

Since everyone wants the certificates exact and perfect,

My new one will look like this:

CopyofSVTBuildCertificate1.jpg

ATI,

Can you create one which adds "and Carroll Shelby" following the words "the Ford Special Vehicle Team" at the top of the certificate. They also have their grammar incorrect...it should say certify (for plural) vs. certifies. Thanks. (if you can do this will you make it Performance White) much appreciated.

Rip

Thanks, I can photoshop it and save myself a few bucks. :hysterical:

I know who Carrol Shelby is, I know Special Vehicle Team, what I don't know amongst many other things is: how was The Ford Performance Group responsible for the existence of our GT500's? I should know but don't, guess I could google.

Edit: "Soon after unveiling the 2003-2004 supercharged Mustang Cobra and a sweet little SVT Focus, SVT and Ford Racing (née SVO) were rolled into a new Ford Performance Group."

Guys, I think that the point has been made about the certificates.

Also keep in mind that Ford & SVT monitor this site, so lets be polite. Please.

On our groups behalf I will ask my contact about the colors stated on our certs, and let you guys know.

Rob

ATI,

Can you create one which adds "and Carroll Shelby" following the words "the Ford Special Vehicle Team" at the top of the certificate. They also have their grammar incorrect...it should say certify (for plural) vs. certifies. Thanks. (if you can do this will you make it Performance White) much appreciated.

Rip

:nonono: Carroll can't certify the build <lol> see, he's w - a - y over in NV (or CA) and can't quite see the cars when they come off the Flat Rock line :hysterical:

It's like if your wife goes to the store and buys a gift for friends ...from both of you ...only she and the store can certify that it wasn't on sale :rolleyes:, but you still get to sign the card too! :hysterical2:

Those who went on the Dearborn tour know that Edsel was lurking behind the two-way glass in the Romeo cafeteria and that Ralph is really Edsel!!! -- hey, you never saw them there in the same room at the same time, did ya? :hysterical2: ...and Ralph does check on the line :yup: Ok, then... :P

...to be continued...

Why would Ford and SVT monitor our site? :waiting:

Too keep in touch with the customer base for the products that they sell, and to get a feel for what the customer wants and how the product is performing.

...maybe Amy could arrange that certificate change just for you :shades: ...if you ask her real nice now... but be careful, or you could wind up in SAI post-4902-1191808349.gif ...where they'll make you :read: the build sheets for every SuperSnake build :o ...out loud! ...and you'll have to bring Carroll and Amy their morning :reading: and :stirpot: diner for all the SS workers and you'll have to send an :sos: for help ... it's enough to make a grown man :cry:!

But if all goes well, you'll get a cool certificate and you and Amy can :beerchug: and you'll all become good :gang:

:bag:

...just razzin' ya Rip. ;-)

post-4902-1191808349.gif

Archived