TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Build Certificate

Grabber

You read my mind, I'm calling first thing Monday morning also.

Alan

Guys,

While you're at it ask them to put Carroll Shelby's name on the cerficate as being part of the build team.

It's ironic, they put it in the letter but not on the certificate...thanks Amy our friend on this site :hysterical2: ! It should say The Ford Performance Group, the Ford Special Vehicle Team AND Carroll Shelby certify that.......

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys,

While you're at it ask them to put Carol Shelby's name on the cerficate as being part of the buid team.

It's ironic, they put it in the letter but not on the certificat...thanks Amy!

Rip,

It's on the lower left. What are you talking about?

BuildnumbersGT500001.jpg

Rip,

Now I better understand what you mean. I had to take another look at the certificate. I do admitt that it would of been nice to do it that way.

However the 2nd biggest boldest name is on the top of the certificate, and that name is:

:happy feet: SHELBY :happy feet:

:headscratch: uh... :shrug:

It sort makes sense in that you have the business-units in the middle (FR, SVT, FPG) flanked by the two corporate entities: CS (for SAI) and EBF (for FoMoCo).

...but I agree with SVT-Registry that there should be Ford-logo under EBF just as there is the Shelby-logo under CS

I like how it says LIMITED EDITION.

So how many need to be built before it wouldn't be considered a "limited edition"?

Would building 8k - 10k year for 3 years still make this a limited edition?

If they build it every year for the next 5 years would it still be a limited edition?

Does building only 10k per year regardless of how many years they build it keep it a limited edition merely because they only build 8k, 10k, 11k per year, each year?

So how many need to be built before it wouldn't be considered a "limited edition"?

If they build it every year for the next 5 years would it still be a limited edition?

Does building only 10k per year regardless of how many years they build it keep it a limited edition merely because they only build 8k, 10k, 11k per year, each year?

Each year is limited to the number actually produced -- it's Ford's version of limited-edition :hysterical:

But, seriously, it actually is... if there were no CAFE considerations, I thing Ford could have easlily made and sold 25-30K Shelby's the first year (maybe more?) and I suspect the '08 projection being lower is due to mustang V6 sales (and mustang overall) being down considerably (time for a refresh!!).

Maybe when the 3.5V6 replaces the 4.0 it will create some CAFE 'slack' but by then the mpg nums will be higher too -- it seems like a never-ending chase!

I think 2008 is the last year for the GT-500. Look for the GT-350 for 2009...that is if the Feds don't get in the way and turn the clock back to the 1970's-80's???

I think 2008 is the last year for the GT-500. Look for the GT-350 for 2009...that is if the Feds don't get in the way and turn the clock back to the 1970's-80's???

Look for both of them in 2009.

That or they may wait until the new 2010 refresh to launch a GT350 along with the Boss.

The Boss was suppose to be next for 2009, but I think they mat have delayed that for the new 2010 refresh.

Anything they do for 09 would be only a one year run since they have a refresh for 2010.

So I "think" what may happen is 09 will be a short year run where they will launch the 2010 very early in 09.

So they may build a 09 GT500, but in very limited numbers compared to 07 & 08. That is assuming they do 09 as short run for the year.

They launched the 08 Super Duty in Jan of 07, they launched the Escape early in March for the past few years, so it would not be a surprise to see the 2010 mustang get an early 09 launch. Especially with the Challenger having been out and with the Camero coming out in early 09.

Now I don't feel so bad. You got gyped on your color too.

What about Red ???

I think the color thing sucks!

There no reason why these cars shoiuld not be called what they actually are colorwise. I think that's a really big screw-up -- I'd complain (seriously) and request a "correction." This is just wrong!

These cetificates are supposed to be accurate and provide historical provenance that documents the build. That should specifically record the actual color by name or code# (or both)... they just screwed up and should correct it. It's the right thing to do, imo.

It just seems so helter-skelter too. Why is white called Performance White, but Grabber Orange just orange and Vista Blue just blue. Will Vapor be called silver? Alloy, dark gray? Ebony, just black? If so, why call it something different int he catalog in the first place.

This also flies completel in the face of Ford's major corporate push to emphasize color -- not only new physical colors but the corporate push to make the names evoke connections ..to food, flavors, the natural world. So the left hand is pushing in one direction and the right hand is substituting one-word color approximations?

:nonono: this is a pure and simple screw-up and needs to be corrected. imo. Ford Motor Company is better than this -- this reeks of a lack of attention to detail, flies in the face of Corporate color emphasis and is plain insulting ...and should be brought to the attention of Ford management and corrected. :rant:

Btw, did I mention that I don't like it one bit? :hysterical2:

I am calling SVT Monday morning. I have a note in my lunch box to remind me allready. I agree Dan with 100% of everything you said.

Maybe you can call that special birdie you talk to and see if can do anything about it as well.

Get this taken care of pronto!!!! I have not ordered mine yet. I want it right the first time. :hysterical:

I was actually waiting for them to call me. They took my number on TWICE and said they would call us once they are available. I have not heard anything from them. I guess they lost our numbers!

Let us know what you get resolved so I know it is safe to order mine. :happy feet:

Maybe you can call that special birdie you talk to and see if can do anything about it as well.

Get this taken care of pronto!!!! I have not ordered mine yet. I want it right the first time. :hysterical:

I was actually waiting for them to call me. They took my number on TWICE and said they would call us once they are available. I have not heard anything from them. I guess they lost our numbers!

Let us know what you get resolved so I know it is safe to order mine. :happy feet:

I am on it. Like stink on Poop. :hysterical2:

They charged you $10 for that one hero card?????

Do I hear $5???? I have about a 100 of those!

:hysterical2:

yeah I guess they saw me coming on this one

live and learn :banghead:

Got mine yesterday. It says PERFORMANCE white. :stirpot:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :blush:

1227/8152 coupes.

281/2252 Performance Whites.

Thats Awesome

So us folks with the fastest color will now have the rarest certificates :happy feet:

Thats Awesome

So us folks with the fastest color will now have the rarest certificates :happy feet:

Actually, it's the other way around. Being white was the most popular. Hey, I'm just happy I have a certificate. I think most people bought white because of the retro thing, and the people that bought orange rode on the little bus :hysterical2: just kidding

I think the likelihood of them building 10k+ Shelby GT500's for 2008 and/or 2009 model year is very slim

if you follow SVT production #'s the production quantities always go down after an introductory year

So it will get more Limited Edition with each year of production, once the hype wears off.

--Russ

Archived