TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertable boot question

Joe G

** Update **

A person who must remain nameless has helped me out and is having a replacement boot sent directly to me. This person didn't have to help me, yet did. We have some great folks around here! :happy feet:

As a bit of info for the Forum - this person also verified that the boot IS standard on the GT500 and is optional on the V6 and regular GT models.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
** Update **

A person who must remain nameless has helped me out and is having a replacement boot sent directly to me. This person didn't have to help me, yet did. We have some great folks around here! :happy feet:

As a bit of info for the Forum - this person also verified that the boot IS standard on the GT500 and is optional on the V6 and regular GT models.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Good for you!

** Update **

Just so everyone knows... I was leaving for the airport this morning when the DHL truck arrived.

What was delivered?

Yep, that's right. My convertible boot.

ONE DAY after "the person who must remain nameless" said it shipped, I got it.

Now, THAT'S SERVICE I tell you! Ford has my eternal respect!

:drool:

Are the boots for the convert the same for the GT500 & THE mustang GT? If they are these hard top are nice

3d691045.jpg

I've wanted a nice Speedster cover since I got mine and I think Cervini finally has a decent one....after the tires and wheels... :banghead:

BTW...mine was like all the others, in a bag, sealed up in the trunk. Included.

I don't know where someone got the idea just because it's not on the sticker, its an option or does not come included? My luxorious color matched - super high quality floor mats (not) came with the car, but is no where to be found on my order or window sticker. Just a thought.

I'd show you a picture, but as in another thread...Ford Mo Co's attorney's have told me I can't use any pics I take of my own car (it's a registered likeness of their product)... So...just imagine some really great floor mats in my car that got bagged and sealed and some really cheap $200 cobra mats took their place. :censored:

I've wanted a nice Speedster cover since I got mine and I think Cervini finally has a decent one....after the tires and wheels... :banghead:

BTW...mine was like all the others, in a bag, sealed up in the trunk. Included.

I don't know where someone got the idea just because it's not on the sticker, its an option or does not come included? My luxorious color matched - super high quality floor mats (not) came with the car, but is no where to be found on my order or window sticker. Just a thought.

I'd show you a picture, but as in another thread...Ford Mo Co's attorney's have told me I can't use any pics I take of my own car (it's a registered likeness of their product)... So...just imagine some really great floor mats in my car that got bagged and sealed and some really cheap $200 cobra mats took their place. :censored:

Well it seems Ford does not have any probs with people using their pics when it is items for sale, ebay etc so post your pics on here offering them for sale at a million bucks and we can take a look and see if we want to buy them. Can you post pics of your Shelby stuff you may want to sell ? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

The tonneau cover is from Atlanta Auto Accessores. the cost is 499.99 and the shipping is free. try this site.http://www.atlantaauto.com/ford/mustang/lightbars1.html

3d691045thumb.jpg

The tonneau cover is from Atlanta Auto Accessores. the cost is 499.99 and the shipping is free. try this site.http://www.atlantaauto.com/ford/mustang/lightbars1.html

3d691045thumb.jpg

There are many places to get it, but they're all made by 3d-carbon. Why pay $500 when you can get it for $300? I got mine for $320. Notice my avatar? I also posted many pics earlier this year.

These pop up on ebay all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-OEM-FOR...tem130161542871

FlyBoy I am not telling anyone to buy it for 500 I was just answering one of the post that wanted to know how much it cost & where he could get one. every one on here more than likely knows how to search around for a better deal. I sure would not pay 500 for a cover.

FlyBoy I am not telling anyone to buy it for 500 I was just answering one of the post that wanted to know how much it cost & where he could get one. every one on here more than likely knows how to search around for a better deal. I sure would not pay 500 for a cover.

oops, my bad. :doh:

• 1 month later...
Just so everyone knows... I was leaving for the airport this morning when the DHL truck arrived.

What was delivered?

Yep, that's right. My convertible boot.

ONE DAY after "the person who must remain nameless" said it shipped, I got it.

Now, THAT'S SERVICE I tell you! Ford has my eternal respect!

:drool:

I asked my salesman about the boot (got my Blue Vert in Sept. from Dealer showroom). He could find nothing about it anywhere and even called SVT and was told it was not an option for the GT500. Is there someone else I should get him to call?

I asked my salesman about the boot (got my Blue Vert in Sept. from Dealer showroom). He could find nothing about it anywhere and even called SVT and was told it was not an option for the GT500. Is there someone else I should get him to call?

Wow, if you read this thread, there is some much gray. Differing opinions, as well solutions. I "really" think because this is not documented anywhere (either on purpose or not), you need to push the issue locally or get the dealer to get the local Ford Rep involved. Just my .02. :banghead::banghead:

Hi Mike.

I'll forward this to the guy who helped me. I'm sure he'll help you like he helped me.

You tell the moron you bought the car from that the reason why it's not an option is because it comes standard with every soft top convertable made...and it's fine if they don't supply one....when the top fades or gets stained due to dirt, you'll be turning it in under warranty for replacement, because they didn't provide a cover, like every other car manufactuer in the world does. And that all warranty issues will be brought to the attention of the Ford Rep for your area, and you'll be bypassing the dealership when you call them.

You'll have a Boot.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

• 2 months later...

I hate to resurrect an old post; but I need some help. They just delivered my '08 GT500 vert and it's missing the boot. The full car cover was in the trunk, so there's no reason to suspect the transport company took it. The dealer doesn't know if the car comes with a boot or not due to the lack of documentation from Ford. Joe G., do you think your good samaritan good help me out as well? If not, did anybody find any documentation the our cars are supposed to come with it?

I hate to resurrect an old post; but I need some help. They just delivered my '08 GT500 vert and it's missing the boot. The full car cover was in the trunk, so there's no reason to suspect the transport company took it. The dealer doesn't know if the car comes with a boot or not due to the lack of documentation from Ford. Joe G., do you think your good samaritan good help me out as well? If not, did anybody find any documentation the our cars are supposed to come with it?

I just got two verts, and both have it...so they owe you one!

On the other hand...I put mine on to take pictures, and that is about it...

You'll need to go through the dealer. The dealer will contact whoever they need to and let them know that it was missing. The boot isn't listed as an "option" or even as a "standard item", which is why it's a pain in the azz to get it fixed - but there have been a few of us already who've got this fixed so the dealers main Ford contact should be able to get it resolved.

My contact really only wants to get involved if/when you've exhausted all of the normal processes to get one.

Post if you still have troubles...

Trust me when I tell you this. Make sure you have the instructions included in the bag. And make sure you immediately copy and scan them. You won't be sorry.

See if they can pull this number up and see what it is. SK4R33-7654400-AA and the proper term is "Dust Hood"

That part number could be the number for the instruction sheet, but I'm thinking not.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I called SVT this morning. A guy by the name of John answered. Nice guy. He's pretty sure it's supposed to come with it; but like everybody else, there's no written confirmation anywhere. He's checking on it and will get back to me. I'll keep you all posted.

Archived