TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Convertable boot question

Joe G

For those with a vert, did your car come with the boot that covers the top when it's down?

I have a 2007, and in the owners manual it says "if equipped", but I don't know if they were SUPPOSED to come with them, or if it's an option.

It's not noted on my window sticker, and I didn't see one in the car.

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question.

Thanks!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an option - I got one and it's foam backed vinyl and has plastic hooks that hook under the lip of the convertible well. I like it although I think it was a approx- $200 option. You can probably pick one up as an accessory.

Edit: one a Mustang GT it is an option - don't know about the GT500s

It's an option - I got one and it's foam backed vinyl and has plastic hooks that hook under the lip of the convertible well. I like it although I think it was a approx- $200 option. You can probably pick one up as an accessory.

Yeah, I have a GT500.

Is this standard with GT500 verts??

It's an option for standard Mustang vinyl tops. The cover is also vinyl. The cloth top option on a Mustang (standard on GT500) includes a spandex fabric cover.

Joe, my 2008 came with one, in the truck, folded in a bag. I have not used it yet. However, I think I was told by the dealer that the early 2007, and most of the production year, the verts did NOT have a cover, but that all shipped in 2008 did. It was not an option on the 2008, not even listed, just came with as part of the vert top.

Hope that helps, but being a fellow Italian, you know how to make a point in a dealership right? Go get yours!!!

I thought it was wrapped and we picked it up, not sure where it was. Maybe Alloy Dave stole it? :shrug:

What does the dealer say?

My sales guy was on vacation today. I trust he'll get me a new one, now that I know I'm supposed to have one.

Dave?? I didn't let him near the car! Can't trust those Raider fans! :stirpot:

My sales guy was on vacation today. I trust he'll get me a new one, now that I know I'm supposed to have one.

Dave?? I didn't let him near the car! Can't trust those Raider fans! :stirpot:

You trust?

Your sales guy?

The sales guy that took you all to lunch at Red Lobster?

Then took off? :hysterical2:

You trust?

Your sales guy?

The sales guy that took you all to lunch at Red Lobster?

Then took off? :hysterical2:

Ok, I misspoke.

The sales rep pulled the ol' "Let me take you to Red Lobster" hoax.

I trust the sales manager to make it right. I can do that, right? Trust a sales mgr. Right Mr. Sales Mgr, aka ShelbyDude.

:hysterical2:

Ok, I misspoke.

The sales rep pulled the ol' "Let me take you to Red Lobster" hoax.

I trust the sales manager to make it right. I can do that, right? Trust a sales mgr. Right Mr. Sales Mgr, aka ShelbyDude.

:hysterical2:

I guess it depends on who the sales manager is. :shades:

But you know you could always trust me! :victory:

Mine came with the boot. Not as an extra.

When I ordered my 2007 GT500 vert my salesman suggested I order the boot because they were nice and not that much extra.... Then he said he couldn't find it on the option list. He checked it out and found they were standard on the GT500 and optional on some other Mustangs.

Joe, my 2008 came with one, in the truck, folded in a bag. I have not used it yet. However, I think I was told by the dealer that the early 2007, and most of the production year, the verts did NOT have a cover, but that all shipped in 2008 did. It was not an option on the 2008, not even listed, just came with as part of the vert top.

Hope that helps, but being a fellow Italian, you know how to make a point in a dealership right? Go get yours!!!

Your dealer lied. All cloth top Mustangs come with the cover. All 07s.

Your dealer lied. All cloth top Mustangs come with the cover. All 07s.

Obviously he did not LIE, he stated the same as the issues stated here! Some 07 and maybe some 08 did NOT come with the car! How is that a lie? Seems like fact, for whatever reason! I know what SHOULD come with them, but the fact is, that is not the case! My dealer was correct!

Obviously he did not LIE, he stated the same as the issues stated here! Some 07 and maybe some 08 did NOT come with the car! How is that a lie? Seems like fact, for whatever reason! I know what SHOULD come with them, but the fact is, that is not the case! My dealer was correct!

??? everyone here said they got their boot...

All '07 verts came from the factory with a boot cover to protect the top when down, it's standard.

Anyone telling you different either didn't get theirs or is misinformed.

And if you get it, it's just about as important that you actually read the directions, or you may never get it on, or get it on correctly.

I'm looking at the new Cervini Speedster cover that cover up to the rear of the front seats...that will stop most of any wind while driving.

Now I just wish someone made a decent wind block for the seats that looks decent... :banghead:

**** UPDATE ****

Ok, just got off the phone with my dealer.

Salesman asked his inventory guy about it. Inventory guy said that, no, it's not a standard/included item. It's not listed on the window sticker, it's not in any of the literature, so it wasn't supposed to be included. Said it's an optional ($$) accessory item. :banghead:

Can anyone here provide me some backup info/details on how to inform them about how to find the correct info on this?

I PM'd ShelbyDude, but any other of our DEALER friends can jump in to.

Thanks!!!

Archived