TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Detailing - Great Product

Joemat

Drying the car to avoid water spots (Black w/White Stripes) is always a chore as residual water always runs down the paint after towel drying. I recently started to use the Metro "AirForce" Motorcycle dryer that I bought for my FatBoy. The thing works great on the Shelby by blowing the water from all the nooks and crannies like the Grill, Spoiler, wheeles, gas cap, etc.

I just metioned this on the Wet or dry thread. Would recommend it to all.

http://www.metrovacworld.com/Shopping/prod...product_id=AFMD

How does it's drying capabilities compare to an air compressor, leaf blower or shop vac (hose hooked to outlet, of course)? $200 seems a bit pricey to me if it works about as well as an air compressor.

+1

I think its good if you don't have an Air compressor, for $200 you can get a small one that will do more than dry your car IMO

How does it's drying capabilities compare to an air compressor, leaf blower or shop vac (hose hooked to outlet, of course)? $200 seems a bit pricey to me if it works about as well as an air compressor.

Air compressors can have trappend moiture (rust) in the tank that I don't want blown on my clean car. Also, The AirForce has a filter that leaf-blowers do not. It also comes with a set of nozzles of different sizes to target the air (wide or narrow). Yes, its expensive, but heck......I wanted it!

Air compressors can have trappend moiture (rust) in the tank that I don't want blown on my clean car. Also, The AirForce has a filter that leaf-blowers do not. It also comes with a set of nozzles of different sizes to target the air (wide or narrow). Yes, its expensive, but heck......I wanted it!

Aint it great to be in america?

Want it?

Get it! :happy feet:

Those are good points. Looks like a pretty good product.

Looks like great product, I too would not use forced air that is not filtered may be very small particles but over the years it would start to look dull. I have a compressor w/ a water filter but there still is some moisture and oil that come out, so I don't use it. Thanks for the info

Archived