TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's Your Favorite Boss? Fud, Saleen or Shinoda?

robertlane

What is your favorite Boss? Fud, Saleen or Shinoda?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Boss?

• FUD
    • Shinoda
    • Saleen

FUD Boss

post-2-1148002888_thumb.jpg

Shinoda Boss

post-2-1148002916_thumb.jpg

Saleen Boss

post-2-1148002940_thumb.jpg

The FUD Boss has it hands down but it is missing the aggressive chin spoiler that the Boss and the Mach shared. My vote is to add the CDC aggressive chin to the FUD Boss. The other two cars are good but they resemble too much of the early fastback 66 & 67 Mustangs with the back small triangle window that doesnt open. Lets let the Shelby fill that style and design. Make the back seat window roll down. Also if you are going to make it look like a 69 with the 4 headlight system give it a side body scoop. If its going to look like a 70 take out the inside driving lights and leave it with no body scoop. Wow what a concept lets get back to some of the old stuff. Back when times and products were exciting and real not fake and built up to be something they are not with a bunch of hype. EXAMPLE 4 dr perfomance cars!!! Iam too young to really know for sure but I have heard that guys with 4 dr cars in the 50's and 60's used to get laughed at when they tried make the 4dr family car into drag racer or a hot rod. Its time for Ford to make the natural progression in the retro mode to the 68, 69, and 70 Mustangs. Let history repeat itself and the same success will also. Bring the Boss back next year and then the year after the Mach1 but in doing so don't delete the hump over the rear wheels. The hump will be key in the next designs success. Lets just not progress sooo far that we introduce the next MustangII OK its late and I need to get ready for the Shelby Spring fling in Nashville IN this weekend so iam getting off my soap box :roses:

post-4943-1148011100_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148011100_thumb.jpg

The FUD Boss has it hands down but it is missing the aggressive chin spoiler that the Boss and the Mach shared. My vote is to add the CDC aggressive chin to the FUD Boss. The other two cars are good but they resemble too much of the early fastback 66 & 67 Mustangs with the back small triangle window that doesnt open. Lets let the Shelby fill that style and design. Make the back seat window roll down. Wow what a concept lets get back to some of the old stuff. When times and products were exciting and real not fake and built up to be something they are not. EXAMPLE 4 dr perfomance cars!!! Iam to young to really know this but I have heard that guys with 4 dr cars in the 50's and 60 used to get laughed at when they tried make the 4dr family car into drag racers. Its time for Ford to make the natural progression in the retro mode to the 68, 69, and 70 Mustangs. Let history repeat itself and the same success will also. Bring the Boss back next year and then the year after the Mach1 but in doing so don't delete the hump over the rear wheels. The hump will be key in the next designs success. Lets just not progress sooo far that we introduce the next MustangII OK getting off my soap box :roses:

Just so you'll know, I've been in contact with legitimate sources within FoMoCo. The Mach 1 will be produced and is pending final specification... possibly for '08, almost certainly for '09; very likely for both and/or beyond. The Boss ??? is the same story, but likely for '09 & '10.

Ford is well aware of their performance heritage and the timeliness of all these various 40-year model anniversaries. Remember, these things have been in advanced planning for several years, even if final specs/names/details aren't complete.

I've got to go with the Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition. Of course, I'd make some changes. Ditch the GT fogs and give me a GT500 style grille, lose the chrome around the grille and rear panel, remove the bar over the headlight covers, make the stripes optional and finally make mine in metallic black!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well, if you must ask I'd like to have a curb weight of 3,000 lbs, offer an IRS, boost the HP to 500+ and sell it for $25K...ok, now I'm just being greedy!! :wacko:

I do love the PJ Saleen in it's current form, but for me, there are a few things I'd would change. I just want Ford to produce a Boss that looks like the Saleen!! Please!!!

Sorry. Gotta go with Saleen - I like the Parnelli Jones look - too bad they're asking so much for it (Mid $50s?).

The Mach 1 is coming back? Super. Competition is good. :shift:

Hint from inside Ford: New-release variations of the Mustang will closely follow previous versions. In other words, several upcoming 40-year anniversaries! (Bullitt, Mach 1, Boss)

How about a real BOSS !! Take the injected Boss 429 John Colleti used and put it in an 09.Ford wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough for the demand.P.S. to FOMOCO, I will take 2 in Black to sit on either side of my original!!! :happy feet:

How about a real BOSS !! Take the injected Boss 429 John Colleti used and put it in an 09.Ford wouldn't be able to produce them fast enough for the demand.P.S. to FOMOCO, I will take 2 in Black to sit on either side of my original!!! :happy feet:

post-2941-1148316179_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148316209_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148316390_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148316179_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148316209_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148316390_thumb.jpg

This is a great poll. Lets see if we can bring it to life. I know everyone is probably into Shelbys buts lets get some Boss feedback going. You know the Boss 429 was the biggie when it came to power and performance so you never know. Ford may put the 6 liter engine in this one and make the super car of the line up!!!!!!

This is a great poll. Lets see if we can bring it to life. I know everyone is probably into Shelbys buts lets get some Boss feedback going. You know the Boss 429 was the biggie when it came to power and performance so you never know. Ford may put the 6 liter engine in this one and make the super car of the line up!!!!!!

FOMOCO,are you listening,6 liters is not enough!The Boss 429 didn't grt its day in the Sun,the 69 and 70 versions were undercarbed,exhaust choked,and emissions killed.If Chrysler can get their Hemi smog legal you can sure as heck do it with an injected Boss 429. Only this time lose the "O" rings and put some head gaskets on.Without supercharging you can easily beat Chrysler and Chevy and everything else as well .My vintage Boss with 11to 1 comp.,roller cam and dual quads is good for 600 hp and is a blast to drive.Get that injected one going and kick some butt! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

FOMOCO,are you listening,6 liters is not enough!The Boss 429 didn't grt its day in the Sun,the 69 and 70 versions were undercarbed,exhaust choked,and emissions killed.If Chrysler can get their Hemi smog legal you can sure as heck do it with an injected Boss 429. Only this time lose the "O" rings and put some head gaskets on.Without supercharging you can easily beat Chrysler and Chevy and everything else as well .My vintage Boss with 11to 1 comp.,roller cam and dual quads is good for 600 hp and is a blast to drive.Get that injected one going and kick some butt! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

This IS a great poll, we should lobby Ford for two versions of the Boss, a 302 and a 429 or a road racer and a drag strip terror if you will. Ford, Bring Back the BOSS!!

post-4943-1148544801_thumb.jpg

Okay, fine. I'm in.

But - let's wait 5 years until I pay down the Shelby.

Thank you.

How about a Shelby advantage deal. Buy a Shelby get a Boss for...................suggestions?

And Please do your share for this poll and VOTE at the top. ITs your obligation as a MUSTANG enthusiast!!

as a member of the Bring the Boss Back Board. (is there such a thing?) lets make one hahahahha

Future owner of each one of these cars. Iam on the 10 year plan Also suffering very advanced terminal case of PSDS.

post-4943-1148544877_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148545008_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148545313.jpg

post-4943-1148545328.jpg

post-4943-1148544801_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148544877_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148545008_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148545313.jpg

post-4943-1148545328.jpg

Just doing my part to put this one on the top of the board. Vote and leave a comment or a suggestion. :shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

I think this thread has run its course.....not tooo many voters....I guess its a tie....there you go Ford!! Make a cross between the Fud and the Saleen. The counsel has spoken. And oooh yeah use mine for some ideas also. hehehehehe

post-4943-1148588898.jpg

post-4943-1148588921_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148588946.jpg

post-4943-1148588898.jpg

post-4943-1148588921_thumb.jpg

post-4943-1148588946.jpg

The major point is Ford NEEDS to build the Boss, period. In my opinion the Boss has the potential to have more impact for the core Mustang enthusiast than the GT500. The GT500 is more of a "rich man's toy" and not for those of us who work for a living with a mortgage, etc. I'm sure Ford is listening so I hope they take to heart what is discussed here and use it as input for the next generation Boss. I know many of us would happily volunteer to provide feeback on any level to Ford on the next generation Boss. So, Ford if you are listening, give me a call!! :yup:

The major point is Ford NEEDS to build the Boss, period. In my opinion the Boss has the potential to have more impact for the core Mustang enthusiast than the GT500. The GT500 is more of a "rich man's toy" and not for those of us who work for a living with a mortgage, etc. I'm sure Ford is listening so I hope they take to heart what is discussed here and use it as input for the next generation Boss. I know many of us would happily volunteer to provide feeback on any level to Ford on the next generation Boss. So, Ford if you are listening, give me a call!! :yup:

Actually the Mach1 has been the "poor guys" street racer and I think but I may be wrong, the Boss was one step up from that as "racers racer" . The boss was somewhat more expensive with more road course race oriented options. (not sure on this though) I have been a Chevy guy for too long but I knew and know alot about Fords. Thats why I made the switch.

Actually the Mach1 has been the "poor guys" street racer and I think but I may be wrong, the Boss was one step up from that as "racers racer" . The boss was somewhat more expensive with more road course race oriented options. (not sure on this though) I have been a Chevy guy for too long but I knew and know alot about Fords. Thats why I made the switch.

The Mach I was less expensive than a Boss but the Boss 302 and the Mach I were aimed at distinctly different groups. The Mach I was the Saturday night special, street racing drag strip king. The Boss 302 was aimed squarely at the road racing set with a high-winding 302 with big valve Cleveland heads and a taunt suspension. The Boss 429 was also a drag strip oriented machine and primarily developed to certify the 429 as a production engine for NASCAR sanctioned events. In any case, both the Mach I and the Boss were certainly less expensive than the Shelby.

The Mach I and Boss 302 definately had different targets.

But the sanctioning of the 429 for NASCAR required that it be in the same body style as would be raced - the Torino.

My father special ordered a 1970 Torino GT 429SCJ in 1969 just to help out. ;) The car is still in the family.

The Mach I and Boss 302 definately had different targets.

But the sanctioning of the 429 for NASCAR required that it be in the same body style as would be raced - the Torino.

My father special ordered a 1970 Torino GT 429SCJ in 1969 just to help out. ;) The car is still in the family.

Actually,manufacturers could put the engine in any body they wanted to certify the engine.The choice of the Mustang was one of the smartest moves Ford made with the Boss 429 Mustang.At the time I don't think I would have gone out and ordered a Taladaga Torino even if it had a Boss 429 hemi engine.But when I first saw the pictures of the Boss 429 Mustang I had to have one.So,I ordered one,waited 4 months to get it,and still have it today.Ford actually missed running the first race of the 1969 season with the Boss 429 engine because Bill France said they hadn't made the 500 street cars needed,so all the teams pulled the Boss mills and put the 427's in and won anyway with the slippery new Torino body.By the second race they had enough street cars built for the Boss 429 powerplant to make its debut.They won again,and kept winning with the Boss 429 until Nascar killed all of the big blocks.Something about them just to damed fast!

post-2941-1148861381_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148861484_thumb.jpg

Actually,manufacturers could put the engine in any body they wanted to certify the engine.The choice of the Mustang was one of the smartest moves Ford made with the Boss 429 Mustang.At the time I don't think I would have gone out and ordered a Taladaga Torino even if it had a Boss 429 hemi engine.But when I first saw the pictures of the Boss 429 Mustang I had to have one.So,I ordered one,waited 4 months to get it,and still have it today.Ford actually missed running the first race of the 1969 season with the Boss 429 engine because Bill France said they hadn't made the 500 street cars needed,so all the teams pulled the Boss mills and put the 427's in and won anyway with the slippery new Torino body.By the second race they had enough street cars built for the Boss 429 powerplant to make its debut.They won again,and kept winning with the Boss 429 until Nascar killed all of the big blocks.Something about them just to damed fast!

Everytime I see a Boss 429, this is what happens to me :baby:

Just out of curiosity, if Ford one of the above vehicles for this poll, which would you buy?

Just out of curiosity, if Ford one of the above vehicles for this poll, which would you buy?

I like the Fud just because it has more of the 69 Mach1 look. It can use the shaker and some of the other goodies off the Saleen. Put a huge engine in it (bigger than a 5.4L)and Iam buying another Ford to sit next to my Shelby.

Sorry,none of the above.The excessive use of graphics and lack of a purpose driven powerplant make all three renditions less than"BOSS".However ,with talk of a new class of Nascar there may be some possibilities yet.Unfortunatly it seems Ford is now wed to the OHC Mod motors meaning a big inch pushrod engine will never come back.Its a shame,a 21st Century Boss 429 in all aluminum with fuel injection would rule!!!

post-2941-1148948401_thumb.jpg

post-2941-1148948401_thumb.jpg

The other two have a nice clean retro look.

The Shinoda looks too busy to me. Boy-racer look.

Agreed, too tacked on. Not really an integrated look.

With a few changes, definitely the Saleen. Normally, I'm not a fan of Saleen at all but for once they got it almost perfect...I guess even sun shines on a (well, you know the rest :doh: )

Sorry,none of the above.The excessive use of graphics and lack of a purpose driven powerplant make all three renditions less than"BOSS".However ,with talk of a new class of Nascar there may be some possibilities yet.Unfortunatly it seems Ford is now wed to the OHC Mod motors meaning a big inch pushrod engine will never come back.Its a shame,a 21st Century Boss 429 in all aluminum with fuel injection would rule!!!

Well, the current cylinder spacing and deck heights do limit the mods displacement, but the V10 modular goes to 427 or 429CID -- 650HP naturally aspirated (Cobra concept) or +/-825HP Whipple'd (just a rumor but I've heard it's already been prototyped). Would either of those be good enough? ;-)

The V10 could fit in the 'stang engine bay. Would you feel a V10 'Stang is good/bad? Or if the '09 (probably '10) mustang were to be a less retro, would a 427/429 V10 cammer work for you?

I'm asking, 'cause if it has to be a v8, I think you're correct that it won't happen.

For me an all-aluminim 650HP nat.asp. V10 cammer in a new semi-retro design WITH A REAL SPORTS CHASSIS AND 50/50 WEIGHT DISTRIB, would uncork $50-55K. It would have to go head-to-head with a Z07 'vette. Should such a vehicle be a mustang? How about a gen-II Shelby Cobra? Or a gen-II Daytona? 0-60 4-flat/10.50-120s qtr? What would you pay for it?

Archived