TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ICE users be careful!

moabman

The infomercial said you can use it on the clear plastic headlight lens. Don't do this! The lens have a hard mineral coating on the surface that can be damaged by the liquid claybar. Once that coating is gone, the lens will be prone to fogging on the exterior.

That makes me wonder about the claim that you can use it on the vinyl parts. Do they mean that you won't see it if you get it on the vinyl or that it is good for the vinyl?

Agree as well! Nothing abrasive should be used on the lens. I did not see them state that on the liquid clay bar? Only on the ICE waxes!

All my front lights are protected by the clear bra. Yes, the lights, turn signals, and running lights.

No worries for me on chips or wax. :P

The infomercial said you can use it on the clear plastic headlight lens. Don't do this! The lens have a hard mineral coating on the surface that can be damaged by the liquid claybar. Once that coating is gone, the lens will be prone to fogging on the exterior.

That makes me wonder about the claim that you can use it on the vinyl parts. Do they mean that you won't see it if you get it on the vinyl or that it is good for the vinyl?

I used this Ice product on my Vista Blue '07 GT/CS. This product is crap! It left a film on the body that I had to remove with re-waxing with my old faithful Meguiars.

You put it on to heavy. You need very little of this product. I am having great success with it, and so are many others.

Icecarcover025.jpg

Icecarcover024.jpg

Icecarcover023.jpg

I used this Ice product on my Vista Blue '07 GT/CS. This product is crap! It left a film on the body that I had to remove with re-waxing with my old faithful Meguiars.

I used it on my Vista Blue Shelby GT500 and had no problems. You have to use very little. Less is more. It goes a loooong way. To much and it creates a mess.

25.jpg

23.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

12.jpg

10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Grabber...am having the Ventureshield put on my 2006 GT. Did you use the guys in HSBO? Any Tips???Appt. tmrw 9am...he asked how I heard and I gave him the guy with the Grabber Yellow and he knew your were Rob so I think I"m at the same place?? PS How do you post pics bigger than thumbnails...would like to post my little boss bu can only super small pics out there

Hey Grabber...am having the Ventureshield put on my 2006 GT. Did you use the guys in HSBO? Any Tips???Appt. tmrw 9am...he asked how I heard and I gave him the guy with the Grabber Yellow and he knew your were Rob so I think I"m at the same place?? PS How do you post pics bigger than thumbnails...would like to post my little boss bu can only super small pics out there

Glad we could talk before your install tomorrow. Let me know how it goes.

Here's the thread on how to post bigger photos.

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...ic=9559&hl=

I may try some when my Meguiars runs out, but, if its not safe for plastic lens I certainly would not use it on my vinyl stripes!

I've been using Meguiars Gold Class and like it. But talking to another stang owner he told me he likes the ICE product also. Just tells me that both products are good.

Also reminds me I need to put another coat on before winter as this is my daily driver so it's going to see it's first winter. I've only owned it about 4 months. So this winter is going to be interesting as this is the first rear-wheeled drive car I've ever owned.

I may try some when my Meguiars runs out, but, if its not safe for plastic lens I certainly would not use it on my vinyl stripes!

Go do a search on the ICE products on this forum. Ok, so most are mine :hysterical: but the products, all of them, are amazing if used correctly. You can use the ICE wax (paste or liquid) on any and all surfaces including the plastic lens. The only place you can not or should not is the glass itself, as it will not bond, just smear. I have used the products (Liquid Clay Bar, car wash, and wax) and love them all thus far. Very easy to use, and little clean up as no white residue. Anyways, we all have our favs but this product works great and many of use use it. Just my .02

Archived