TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque - Still Delayed

Joemat

Called Shelby Performance to get a status on my plaque that was ordered the second week of July. They are still sitting at the foundation waiting for Carroll Shelby to sign them. Two weeks ago I was told he was to sign them last Friday. Not! I guess patience is required here and I'm sure I will be pleased when I finally get it. I wonder if the people who send in car parts for autograph wait this long? Can't imagine someone driving around without an airbag cover for three months.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Called Shelby Performance to get a status on my plaque that was ordered the second week of July. They are still sitting at the foundation waiting for Carroll Shelby to sign them. Two weeks ago I was told he was to sign them last Friday. Not! I guess patience is required here and I'm sure I will be pleased when I finally get it. I wonder if the people who send in car parts for autograph wait this long? Can't imagine someone driving around without an airbag cover for three months.

I ordered mine first week of june..... :waiting:

Sorry to here that you guys are waiting and it stinks. But everything with Shelby and Shelby Performance Parts is always that way.Then to top it off they have a book full of excuses a really big book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to here that you guys are waiting and it stinks. But everything with Shelby and Shelby Performance Parts is always that way.Then to top it off they have a book full of excuses a really big book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ordered my plaque in mid July. I emailed them yesterday to check on status and received a reply that it had just come in and would be shipped right away. Hope they are not feeding me a line. Maybe we will all get lucky.

Mike

I ordered my plaque in mid July. I emailed them yesterday to check on status and received a reply that it had just come in and would be shipped right away. Hope they are not feeding me a line. Maybe we will all get lucky.

Mike

I hope you spoke with them after I did. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Still waiting on mine too.... ordered july 26th, so mine will probably be even longer than yours! When I called about 3 weeks ago, they said it would be about 2 more weeks. I guess that was wrong! Sounds like it'll probably be several more weeks for me .....

Most people buy an extra part to send in, not their original.

And by the way, I've been waiting longer than you have...since March...to get a correct plaque.

It's been THREE months to date...and still waiting. I've emailed Criswell at SDI three times with no repsonse wrt this and my replacement steering cap.....and i leave for Iraq in a month.......

Since I'm assuming the majority of the money goes to the childrens foundation, and that they don't charge your account until the plaque actually ships, you would think they would like to pump them out to get the money in to the foundation.

Come on guy's......do it for the kids man.......do it for the kids !!

I sent a visor to CS on 9/5 and received it back signed on 9/13; very quick turn-around, I was very pleased.

SHELBY ISNT GOING TO SIGH ANYMORE DASH PLAQUES!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was stated he has aquired a case of carpal tunnel. There not sure if he can

sign again for quite some time. I hear he is currently trying to sign the rest of the plaques

with his right foot.

See below the pics of the 3 guys I got the info from....BillyRay

post-3364-1191279024_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1191279064_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1191279088_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1191279024_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1191279064_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1191279088_thumb.jpg

You're gonna like it! :happy feet:

Radardetector025.jpg

Radardetector022.jpg

I got mine a couple months ago. I had to have mine remade because the VIN was messed up. Anyway, the second one had a lot thinner signature than the first one and the second one was, while thinner, not nearly as dark as the first. (Grabbers looked like my first one-thicker and dark.) I called CSCF and sometimes he uses a fine point Sharpie-wider and darker and sometimes he used an ultra-fine point Sharpie-thinner and kinda see through gray. The only reason I care is because I've seen older cars with the signature fading and it's not like I'll be able to get it resigned forever. Anybody else run across this? Also any of you guys that got the first ones and put them in daily drivers had any fading of your signature?

I got mine a couple months ago. I had to have mine remade because the VIN was messed up. Anyway, the second one had a lot thinner signature than the first one and the second one was, while thinner, not nearly as dark as the first. (Grabbers looked like my first one-thicker and dark.) I called CSCF and sometimes he uses a fine point Sharpie-wider and darker and sometimes he used an ultra-fine point Sharpie-thinner and kinda see through gray. The only reason I care is because I've seen older cars with the signature fading and it's not like I'll be able to get it resigned forever. Anybody else run across this? Also any of you guys that got the first ones and put them in daily drivers had any fading of your signature?

Mine is like your second plaque. Looking at the pics of many members on this site, I realized that their signature was darker and thicker than mine. I don't really mind because the signature on my plaque is still nice, but you would figure that the darker it is, the more time it will take before it fades away.

Got mine back in July, i called and called and called until they sent it!

when did you place the order?? i think everyone got them in July since that was the last time They where able to get them signed.... I don't think calling had anything to do with it but i could be wrong......I was told Carrol don't sign them one at a time....

when did you place the order?? i think everyone got them in July since that was the last time They where able to get them signed.... I don't think calling had anything to do with it but i could be wrong......I was told Carrol don't sign them one at a time....

you're right Bud sends them to him one big stack at a time

took mine about 3 months

Archived