TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changing oil on a Mustang GT/CS

Grabber

The Rhino ramps I bought at Wallmart do not work with the car unless you put a 2X10 in front of them. Then it works great. Same thing with the GT500.

When I turned the oil filter a little most of it drained straight down into the pan. No mess, and no special measures needed with cardboard shoots or bags or foil like what's needed on the GT500.

6 quarts of Motorcraft 5-20 synthetic blend and a filter and I was done in 15 minutes. Easy job.

GT-CSoilchange004.jpg

GT-CSoilchange003.jpg

GT-CSoilchange002.jpg

GT-CSoilchange001.jpg

Yep, I can pull on to any ramp without the 2x10's. I've got the CS front fascia and the hadling back which lowered the front abot an inch.

You did remove the rear whell chocks just for the picture right? We care about you. :happy feet:

You meant Can't....right?

I did not chaulk the rears. My ramps have a built in depression for the front tires to set in. They prevent the car from rollong backwards. I do put the car in Gear and use the E-brake.

• 7 months later...

Just changed the oil for the 2nd time. 2,260 miles on the car now. The car only has 300 miles on it since the last oil change, but the oil is 8 months old....so it needed to be changed.

I found that by driving the front tires onto the wood first, then placing the rams in front of the tires worked real well. I had 1/2 inch to clear as you will see in the photos.

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08001.jpg

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08002.jpg

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08003.jpg

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08004.jpg

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08005.jpg

th_OilchangeGT-CS5-27-08006.jpg

You use a blend? :redcard:

And you don't use gloves? :finger:

Bad Grab.

What are you talking about ?

This is the oil that is specified for the 4.6 Mustang GT.

What do I need the gloves on for ?

Kidding.

I use Mobil 1 full synthetic.

I was joking about gloves.

You're so meticulous I thought you'd be wearing tech gloves.

Did someone tell you it was necessary to change her oil with so few miles on the car?

PS - I don't think Ford "recommends" a 5-20w Blend - just 5-20 oil.

And I see you only have 6 qts of oil. My 4.6 takes 6.5 qts.

I'm surprised you haven't bought a lift for your garage to make it easier to work on your cars! :happy feet:

PS - I don't think Ford "recommends" a 5-20w Blend - just 5-20 oil.

And I see you only have 6 qts of oil. My 4.6 takes 6.5 qts.

I'm surprised you haven't bought a lift for your garage to make it easier to work on your cars! :happy feet:

My Ford Dealership recommended the 5-20w Blend, as so does the manual. See page 219 and look at the pic of the bottle of oil. It shows the blend. Then go to page 245 and it calls it out.

6 qts fills ours 1/8 inch from the top of the hashed marks on the dip stick. See page 245 of your manual. It says 6 quarts and if you over fill you could blow your motor.

I am thinking about the lift, but am trying to get something paid off first.

6 qts fills ours 1/8 inch from the top of the hashed marks on the dip stick. See page 245 of your manual. It says 6 quarts and if you over fill you could blow your motor.

I think Ruf needs the extra 1/2 quart (as do I) for the Vortech supercharger as it is lubricated via the car's oil pan (yep, we had to punch holes in our oil pans - ouch!).

Archived