DVS2XS

Break-In  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Follow manufacturers recomendations.
    • Drive it like you stole it!
    • Somewhere in between.
    • Something else entirely

As metioned in the other thread, this is indeed controversial. But it is consistant from HIGH Performance engine builders I have talked with, my own results(built 3 350+HP engines) and things I've learned from working on Military A/C(mostly fighters 10 yrs). Use at own risk and I will now put on my fire-retardant keyboard cover.... high performance break in As well please keep in mind that these engines are built on the Romeo Niche line by hand with Fords most senior techs. I am not aware of a single assembly related failure :stirpot:

Controversial is right.

Mototune is a good site. I have lots of experience with building boat engines (race and pleasure). Each time the engine is loaded hard and broken in well, it makes more power and lasts longer.

I believe in breaking in an engine to leak down, definately not the manufacturer's recomended method.

Controversial is right.

Mototune is a good site. I have lots of experience with building boat engines (race and pleasure). Each time the engine is loaded hard and broken in well, it makes more power and lasts longer.

I believe in breaking in an engine to leak down, definately not the manufacturer's recomended method.

you mentioned Moto Tune heres a link........

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Archived