TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine Harmonic "Rattle"

wperson

My GT500 "rattles" at approximately 3000 RPM under very light load. I took it to my dealer in California, and although they confirmed the noise, they were unable to diagnose it. So they called in a Ford Field Service Engineer (FSE) who said the noise was "normal" for the car.

I am very dissappointed and feel Ford just blew me off.

Does anyone else have this "rattle"?

My GT500 "rattles" at approximately 3000 RPM under very light load. I took it to my dealer in California, and although they confirmed the noise, they were unable to diagnose it. So they called in a Ford Field Service Engineer (FSE) who said the noise was "normal" for the car.

3000 RPM? Car is pretty wound up at 3K and should have no rattles. I would try to get more help from Ford.

Sounds like Detonation. Is the car pining? what fuel are you running? any tune in the car?

Fred at EVO said the harmonic balancer on the 2007 needs to be replace if you put more boost in the car ie smaller pulley. Don't know if this is your noise as that would be more of a vibration. 2008 is suppose to have a new one but not available in the parts department yet.

Fred at EVO said the harmonic balancer on the 2007 needs to be replace if you put more boost in the car ie smaller pulley. Don't know if this is your noise as that would be more of a vibration. 2008 is suppose to have a new one but not available in the parts department yet.

caveat emptor

With all the discussion of changing pulley's, this is the first i've read about needing to change the harmonic balancer. Who all has done this when they swapped pulley's? Or is Fred the only one, when doing his kits? I haven't yet, but it's a future plan.

Archived