TEAM SHELBY FORUM

liquid clay bar

GT500KR

I'll be putting the car away soon for winter storage and I'm thinking of clay baring it first. I have some from zaino but I dropped it and small little grains of sand got in it, what a pain in the butt to remove them .I don't want to find out the hard way I missed a piece.

I saw Ice has a liquid claybar at WalMart the other day.I'm thinking of giving it a try . Any opinions on that product out here?

post-7176-1190734715_thumb.jpg

edit

oops...... title was meant to read: anyone on here "use" it

I'll be putting the car away soon for winter storage and I'm thinking of clay baring it first. I have some from zaino but I dropped it and small little grains of sand got in it, what a pain in the butt to remove them .I don't want to find out the hard way I missed a piece.

I saw Ice has a liquid claybar at WalMart the other day.I'm thinking of giving it a try . Any opinions on that product out here?

edit

oops...... title was meant to read: anyone on here "use" it

Check out dans500 thread on this he has alot of info on that product.

I'm not getting anything with search.........

click on 2008 shelby forum and he has a couple of topics on the ice product .

my experience was it does a nice job but it gets in cracks and places that are hard to reach and when it dries takes a little extra effort to remove so do small areas and try to keep it out of the seams. It really does do a nice job though.

I JUST BOUGHT IT. I'm planning on using it tonight on a few areas to test it out then soon the whole car before storage.

I'm going to clay the whole car, this stuff does work really good. Then I'm using the new zaino product (forget the name) spray and wipe,your done.Just before winter storage.But probably not for another or month or so.I'll still shine her up till then tough.

You're getting ready to put her away for the winter

I'm getting ready to take mine back out because the rain will stop soon

Got any Mods planned for th down time? :happy feet:

You're getting ready to put her away for the winter

I'm getting ready to take mine back out because the rain will stop soon

Got any Mods planned for th down time? :happy feet:

As a matter of fact yes Mods are numerous this time around.Lets just say The KR on the sides are going to be more KR related by Spring! :yup:

Sorry I missed the thread earlier, glad the forum recalled my other posts! YES this stuff works great. I know there are a lot of hard line "real" clay users, but I have to tell you I used it on my Jag with 18K miles, and it did a great job! Amazing what it took off. No problem with drying as I wet the car, clay, then lots of water, doing it in sections, using small amounts. I will be using it on the Shelby the next wax job (probably before winter rolls here in MI) and store it that way. However all said, I think this stuff "is" intended for lightly soiled cars. If I had and older daily driver with bad paint I would probably not be as satisfied with the liquid (more elbow work) and agree to try the real thing! (Maybe, not sure as I have never used the real thing) But just the same, it cleaned the car of anything I could see or feel. Loved it!

Ditto!! I got my ICE TV kit yesterday and couldn't wait to use it. My 500 won't be built until week of 10-22 so I

tried it on my 05 Magnum. Now this car I bought new in December of 04 and its never seen a garage or carport in all that time. In the heat of this South Carolina afternoon today I washed it then Ice Clayed this car. As you can imagine I did work hard. I did small sections as the directions instructed. It did a super job. Next, I used Ice liquid (not paste) the did the entire car following instructions. Whhhhhooooa! What a shine. Of course it's going to rain tonight.

Archived