TEAM SHELBY FORUM

UAW Strike?

Dennis70Mach

I am Chrysler UAW and from what I hear, Ford & Chrysler are still in negotiations. :waiting:

I realize the Ford and Chrysler are still working and the GT500's are still being produced at Flatrock....so hopefully we should not see delays for those of us that are waiting.

But does anyone have any insight into any potential disruptions or Quality issues at Ford as a result of the UAW? Does a strike at GM affect the Ford line workers' morale or cause them to be distracted on the job? Just curious ....My car is slated for Production this week !!!! I have been waiting a long time for my GT500 and days away from production.....ugh!!

Where I work, we are a Tier 1 plant & the plant had to ask the UAW for voluntary lay-offs & if they don’t get enough takers its then mandatory based on seniority from my understanding. The other workers in the plant are bothered by this because they know after the GM issues are resolved, the UAW is going after Ford & Chrysler next & then this starts all over again & based on your companies split of business between the big 3 could cause even more problems because of the ripple effect to tier 1, tier 2 & tier 3 suppliers & their razor thin profits which are based on yearly volumes.

Archived