TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby vs Roush?

BCB

I am just starting to look at the Shelby GT 500 and Roush Stage 3 vehicles and would appreciate comments comparing the two from some of you knowledgable Stang owners. I currently have a vert Vet and a H/T Hemi but no Stang in the garage. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.

I am just starting to look at the Shelby GT 500 and Roush Stage 3 vehicles and would appreciate comments comparing the two from some of you knowledgable Stang owners. I currently have a vert Vet and a H/T Hemi but no Stang in the garage. Thanks for sharing you thoughts.

Do a search. If I am not mistaken some else just posted something recently asking the same question. Might save you some time.

I never have been really impressed with roush stuff. Sure, stage 3 has 427 hp or whatever. But if I recall thats stock 4.6 engine, 5 speed tranny also. Or you can get a shelby, with 5.4 engine that can hold up to at least 700rwhp plus, 6 speed tranny and looks better in my opinion. Both almost at the same price if you find the right dealer also.

I like Roush cars...they taste like chicken. A little messy coming out the exhaust though. :hysterical: Shelby's rule!

Sounds like a Roush commercial to me. Whats he talking about? He says the GT500 has a 4.6 liter with a SC and no brake upgrade. WTF planet is he on?

This "test" was performed using a VERY early preproduction concept Shelby. In other words, a Mustang GT with a SC and Shelby badges. It should be completely ignored.

i have been to the 1/4 mile track here in Denver and seen a number of stage III Roush and 427 Roush at the track. they are running almost a full second slower here in the quarter mile than stock GT500. the gap widens quickly with some minor modifications. not sure if it is driver related but i'm just putting that information out there for you.

i'm sure it would be a different story on the road course. maybe sprint200 (jeff) could comment on road course comparison as i'm sure he has seen a few Roush at the track?

i think overall the GT500 is alot more "upgradable" and has more potential than the stage 3 roush. just my $.02

we are all biased here, of course.... may want to seek opinions on the Roush forums as well.

Ron

+1 What he said!!!!

Besides the GT500 looks better IMHO.

Mike

I agree as well............I faced the same issue last year on the stage 3

shelby --------------- roush

$54000.00 ------------ $69000.00

5.4 L 4valve ---------- 4.6 3valve

5 yr warranty --------- 3 year

ETC..........ETC..........ETC..........ETC................

6 months later I rec'd a call from my dealer that I would get a 07 shelby......

so I went back to the roush dealer and sure enough it was still there ..........

5 weeks later it sold for 52600.........

need I say more............

for me.........only the SHELBY will ever do..................

stock vs. stock, the Roush 427R is a better balanced better handling track car with less horse power. I don't believe braking is any better, although they don't nose dive like the GT500's. And looks aren't even close imo. (not knocking the Roush's, I like 'em; but I really love the Shelby looks)

And as iceman said, a GT500 with just a few suspension mods (say $3000 worth) more than equals the Roush in handling, and horsepower....well you can read the posts in the mods section.....it's insane. And you'd still be about equal on price depending on how close you get to MSRP.

And if you are slightly brain damaged like me, you can replace the suspension altogether and start running with the vipers and zo6's

• 2 weeks later...
We have Roush dealer here that put a STAGE 3 in a G.T & were asking $ 62,000 . Looks good but 5 spd, & 4.6 .

Thats INSANE. Why would anyone pay $62,000 for a Roush. I just came from a Ford Dealer as a Service Advisor, Performance Vehicle Speciaist - with the ability to sell cars also (sold 6 GT500's while there). We never sold the base Roush Stage 3 or 427R - all had all available upgrades (big brakes, shifter, carbon fiber kit, etc). Highest price I ever saw on any of them was $51,500.

Archived