TEAM SHELBY FORUM

In Motion

stsltd

Well - just recieved the VIN from the dealer, checked Blue Oval - Segmented - guess I have at least a month, probalby longer (will seem like forever)

Been reading the forum for awhile, soaking up an education, really like the ride reports - so thanks to all.

Have ordered an all black convertible, also have had the dealer order the Alloy "Over the Top" stripe kit, realize its not the purist approach but I think its going to look great - have someone already set up for the stripe install.

List is already growing for mods -

Just thought I would share my excitement with a group that would understand....

stsltd,

Welcome to this forum, lot's of great poeple and advice here! Congrat's on the car. Check out my signature, it will give you an idea about how long (it'll seem like forever) it will take. Good luck dealing with PSDS, and welcome to the family!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking to see if anyone may be able / interested in helping me get a better status on my car - Blue Oval is good at letting you know when specific dates have happened but at least from what I've been able to tell, does not provide projected dates - such as build dates, etc. Dealer is helpful but seems to be linked to the same Blue Oval info.

Not that it will really relieve the anticipation but at least getting a general idea would be good.

Can provide the VIN if interested, any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Well - just recieved the VIN from the dealer, checked Blue Oval - Segmented - guess I have at least a month, probalby longer (will seem like forever)

Been reading the forum for awhile, soaking up an education, really like the ride reports - so thanks to all.

Have ordered an all black convertible, also have had the dealer order the Alloy "Over the Top" stripe kit, realize its not the purist approach but I think its going to look great - have someone already set up for the stripe install.

List is already growing for mods -

Just thought I would share my excitement with a group that would understand....

Welcome to the site and congratulations. Obviously by your selections you are a man of good taste. I would love to see some pics of the alloy stripes on a black vert. I have thought about doing that as well.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well - Customer Service indicated today that my car is now showing as "Bucked" so I guess we are now on the assembly line, pretty cool - getting assorted ETA dates from Customer Service, anywhere from 11/16 to 11/29 - dealer says his system shows ETA of 11/11 - I like that one better

Pretty exciting,

That's good news stsltd. I called customer service this morning too. All they could give me was a blend date of 10/22. They still showed build date of next week. Two different calls to customer service, two different ETA's to the dealer. One was 11/20 and the other was 11/27. I'm going to be changing the wheels to Steeda's satin Pentar wheels and installing the Steeda sport springs (have to lower the car, I think it sits way too high in the rear). I'm also installing the SLP Loudmouth axleback exhaust. Couldn't wait any longer, so I ordered these parts this morning. All I need now is a car to put them on. Oh well, I guess it will be here soon enough. Let's just hope there are no delays.

Well - Customer Service indicated today that my car is now showing as "Bucked" so I guess we are now on the assembly line, pretty cool - getting assorted ETA dates from Customer Service, anywhere from 11/16 to 11/29 - dealer says his system shows ETA of 11/11 - I like that one better

Pretty exciting,

Congrats stsltd... My Car was built on 10/25... I am still hearing a ETA to dealer on 11/16. The Dealership is in Oklahoma. Just to give you an Idea of what I am hearing. I hope yours shows up around 11/11, but I suspect that it would prob be after the 16th.

Unless everything is running faster and we both get them Early... THAT IS WHAT I AM HOPING FOR :happy feet:

Congrats stsltd... My Car was built on 10/25... I am still hearing a ETA to dealer on 11/16. The Dealership is in Oklahoma. Just to give you an Idea of what I am hearing. I hope yours shows up around 11/11, but I suspect that it would prob be after the 16th.

Unless everything is running faster and we both get them Early... THAT IS WHAT I AM HOPING FOR :happy feet:

are you rail tracking yours Big_Slick? are our cars gate released and on the move yet?

Slick'

As a 'vert he won't have to wait on the "over-the-top" stripes. That may cut a week out of his PSDS journey...... :banghead:

Dennis70mach

Nice choices (esp. the SLP's)....your son will love it.....if he can get you to stop borrowing it!!!!! :hysterical2:

Slick'

As a 'vert he won't have to wait on the "over-the-top" stripes. That may cut a week out of his PSDS journey...... :banghead:

Dennis70mach

Nice choices (esp. the SLP's)....your son will love it.....if he can get you to stop borrowing it!!!!! :hysterical2:

Very True.. Lucky :censored::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Good NEWS for him for sure. the PSDS is kicking in hard now. The Drinks are

going to have to start flowing more freely the longer the wait. :hysterical:

Change - change - just spoke with dealer, now build date week of the 11th, delivery before Thanksgiving, 22nd....guess Customer Serivce estimate may be close now, oh well.....

Ready to pull the trigger on my first Evolution Performance order, guess I can wait a little while.....

Change - change - just spoke with dealer, now build date week of the 11th, delivery before Thanksgiving, 22nd....guess Customer Serivce estimate may be close now, oh well.....

Ready to pull the trigger on my first Evolution Performance order, guess I can wait a little while.....

my cars supposed to be built the week of the 11-12. talked to the guys at AA and he told me the car was bucked and should be on sch. looks like our car will run down the line with in a few days of each other.

michael morris

Looks like we are pretty much in sync - I was told by Customer Serivce my car was Bucked earlier this week which I thought meant it was literally on the production line - guess not.

Was trying to figure if mine was going to go on a train or not - received a copy of my window sticker and it shows transport by Convoy which I would have thought meant truck, but I think it really means by rail as a number of people have indicated - some stickers say by rail - not sure why they show up different - just thinking by truck would be quicker...its only an 8 hour drive away - maybe I'll just drive over there annd see how things are going....

not that it is the end of the world of course, many have waited significantly longer - just trying to calm the expectations...

Well - I don't think I am going too call Customer Service any more, every time I do the delivery date moves farther off.....maybe they are punishing me for calling..,

Anyway - now its November 29th, at Midnight none the less....so, I guess I know where I'll be at midnight in a few weeks...

tic....tic....tic....

clock seems to be slowing down - this waiting is tough....

good news though, produced 11/7, gate released 11/7 - going in the right direction, no shipping date yet, had hoped it got on the train by yesterday - maybe

dealer seems to think it may arrive next week - contacting the stripe installer, he is having a hard time getting the convertible red stripe package- hopefully that will get resolved soon, our plan is the have the stripes added as soon as the car arrives - I think if I drive off without them, I may not go back...

Getting closer - don't have a rail car number yet but just found out that she shipped out the 9th - dealer said he expects her to arrive this week but with the holiday, system updates were not made consistently...

Have camera charged, schedule fairly open - at least its close, no long drive to pick her up, plan on heading over as soon as I hear but also planning on having full stripe kit added before I pick up, which may be driven by the stripers schedule - have heard that can take a fair amount of time, assuming he can come right over to the dealer...

Anyway, here we go....

Dealer just called - may not even have to deal with train tracking, says that it is coming convoy direct to the dealer, they are expecting the truck to arrive any time now - How am I supposed to get any work done now?

Of course its supposed to rain for the next three days....don't think its going to melt....

Archived